2010 NBA Playoffs

Bill, how optimistic are you about the Celtics' playoff chances this year as opposed to last year and 2008?

(I have Miami winning the series, but I wouldn't be shocked if Boston won. I think they could be the 'chip on their shoulder' team hellbent on proving the doubters wrong.)

Bill, how optimistic are you about the Celtics' playoff chances this year as opposed to last year and 2008?

(I have Miami winning the series, but I wouldn't be shocked if Boston won. I think they could be the 'chip on their shoulder' team hellbent on proving the doubters wrong.)

The same could be said about the HEAT. I mean alot of folks are calling their little streak to end the season, 18-4, a fluke because they played crappy teams.

ALOT of doubting is happening on BOTH ends. Half of the folks think the Celtics are too old....and half think the HEAT do not have the firepower and are a one man team.

...BOTH teams will have chip on their shoulders...and something to prove.

I base it on one guy ...Wade, when he is on the floor for this series, he is hands down, the best player on the floor. He is probably the only player on both teams that can carry a team HIMSELF to 3 wins.

Heat leading the Celtics by 3 at the half.

BTW, I watched the first half of the Bucks-Hawks game earlier, and Atlanta will be a tough out for ANY team.

As well you should be! :up

I stand by what I said earlier: Miami, Atlanta, Utah and Phoenix are VERY dangerous!

I think the key to 2nd half will be the fact that Ray Allen has to chase Wade around. Rondo and Allen are really the only ones that can light you up quick. I would have thought they would put Rondo on Wade due to being faster and younger legs.

I think the key to 2nd half will be the fact that Ray Allen has to chase Wade around. Rondo and Allen are really the only ones that can light you up quick. I would have thought they would put Rondo on Wade due to being faster and younger legs.

If I'm the Celtics, I have TONY Allen check Wade as much as possible in this series..........

KG won't play in Game 2, so the Heat will tie it up. Also, need a wheelchair, Pierce? Quit your acting, its old
paul.jpg

KG won't play in Game 2, so the Heat will tie it up. Also, need a wheelchair, Pierce? Quit your acting, its old

A 2 technical ejection does not mean an automatic suspension.

Maybe Piece should start milking a finger injury, also:rolleyes:

Your coach must be worried about the OKC Thunder that he is already calling out the refs before game 1. Now, that whining is getting old.

A 2 technical ejection does not mean an automatic suspension.

Maybe Piece should start milking a finger injury, also:rolleyes:

Your coach must be worried about the OKC Thunder that he is already calling out the refs before game 1. Now, that whining is getting old.
He'll get suspended for throwing that second elbow

Maybe Pierce should see what its like to actually be injured for once. Kobe has missed games, something he doesn't like doing.

At least our coach can coach. Must piss off Celtics fans that Auerbach has nothing on Phil. It is also nothing new for Jackson to play mind games. He is paying the price for it though ;)

Someone is going to give unrestricted free agent Tony Allen a multi-year contract that pays somewhere around $6 to $10 million a year. A couple of years ago, when Pierce was out, Allen started nine games in his place and scored 20 or more points in eight of them, and incredibly, hit 50% or more of his shots from the floor in each of those games, but then he had the fluke injury on a dunk after a whistle that cost him a year of playing.

He will never be an all-star, but he will get 30 minutes a game from someone who has the right mix of players to play alongside him. He is not as valuable to the Celtics as he can be to other teams because there is too much overlap between his and Rondo's skill sets.

The Celtics can thank Miami for going cold. Their defense was not solely responsible for the comeback. If Miami had won, I'd be picking them to sweep the series. It was good to see the Celtics move their feet on defense, but in fairness to Miami, if the Celtics had played the exact same defense in Miami, there would have been a few fouls called against them that might have resulted in Miami still winning the game.

And while they were supposedly playing so hard, they still let a rebound bounce off the floor...

He'll get suspended for throwing that second elbow

Maybe Pierce should see what its like to actually be injured for once. Kobe has missed games, something he doesn't like doing.

At least our coach can coach. Must piss off Celtics fans that Auerbach has nothing on Phil. It is also nothing new for Jackson to play mind games. He is paying the price for it though ;)

Aurebach put those teams together himself, Jackson was handed ready made teams. As it was seen in Utah and Sacramento, Jackson gets a lot of help from the refs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)