2010 NBA Playoffs

Sunday's Playoff Schedule
Oklahoma City at L.A. Lakers (Game 1)- 3:00pm ET/12noon PT (ABC/ABC-HD)

Charlotte at Orlando (Game 1)- 5:30pm ET/2:30pm PT (TNT/TNT-HD)

San Antonio at Dallas (Game 1)- 8:00pm ET/5:00pm PT (TNT/TNT-HD)

Portland at Phoenix (Game 1)- 10:30pm ET/7:30pm PT (TNT/TNT-HD)

interesting note: last team to successfully defend their title was the LA Lakers for the 2nd straight year in 2001-02

interesting note: last team to successfully defend their title was the LA Lakers for the 2nd straight year in 2001-02

The failure of NBA teams to defend their titles for nearly 2 decades was called, "The Bill Russell Curse."

A 2 technical ejection does not mean an automatic suspension.

Maybe Piece should start milking a finger injury, also:rolleyes:

Your coach must be worried about the OKC Thunder that he is already calling out the refs before game 1. Now, that whining is getting old.

The two technicals will not possibly suspend him, but the two elbos will. It is too bad because truth be told, Richardson was doing nothing to me...almost looked like he was checking to see Pierce.

Boston Celtics' Kevin Garnett suspended for Game 2 vs. Miami Heat - ESPN Boston

Garnett should not of done what he did. But, Richardson is a punk. He has history with Pierce, he went to go talk sh!t, when he was down. How cool :cool:

Hey MAY have a history....but he sure as hell did not look like he went there to make an issue. Look, I understand WHY KG did what he did...but he is a seasoned veteran and what he did was utterly and completely stupid. KG has had a history of attitude AND known to be THE biggest talkers in the NBA.....AND this started WAY before he started in the NBA. He played in a private school in Chicago and he was an a$$hole THEN!

And UNLESS you where sitting RIGHT NEXT to where Pierce went down...you have NO CLUE what he was going to do OR say.

Mavs beat the Spurs in Game 1.

Dallas won because they spread the wealth around; as for the Spurs, other than Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker, the next highest-scoring Spur had only 10 points.

San Antonio must get other players contributing- those three can't carry the team by themselves. Surrounding depth is what made them champions- and a lack of it could sink them this year.

Mavs beat the Spurs in Game 1.

Dallas won because they spread the wealth around; as for the Spurs, other than Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker, the next highest-scoring Spur had only 10 points.

San Antonio must get other players contributing- those three can't carry the team by themselves. Surrounding depth is what made them champions- and a lack of it could sink them this year.
Blair only playing for 8 minutes was really stupid on the Spurs part

refs giving the game to Cleveland is awesome

?

The Cavs absolutely annihilated the Bulls! Blaming the refs is cheap. And quite honestly, the 13 point win didn't even fully disclose how brutal this win could've been. The Cavs still won by 13 despite having 18 turnovers and shooting a pedestrian 6-23 from the 3-point line. It's absolutely scary how ugly this game could've been had we been on.

Weekend Recap: NBA Playoffs. Round 1, Games 1

1. Chicago @ Cleveland: The Bulls are absolutely no match for the Cavs and they know it. They have absolutely no length and other than Derrick Rose, they are miserable outside shooters. This is not the same team who took the Celtics to the brink last year either. It's evident they miss Ben Gordon and John Salmons. As long as the Cavs stay interested, it's hard to see them lose a single game in this series.

2. Charlotte @ Orlando: The Magic are clearly the better team, but the Bobcats will make them work hard for each and every victory. Originally I had Orlando winning in 6 and I think I'll stick with that prediction.

3. Milwaukee @ Atlanta: The Hawks are a dangerous team. They're athletic, tough and peaking in talent. At the end of this year, Joe Johnson is a free agent, so this might be their last shot at glory. I still like the Hawks to mow down the Bucks in a 4 game sweep.

4. Miami @ Boston: This is going to be a heckuva series. The resilient, battle tested Celtics pulled off a hard fought Game 1 win, but look for the Heat to bounce back in Game 2 with Garnett out. I still see this series going to Game 7 where anything is possible.

5. OKC @ LA Lakers: So much for the Lakers heading into the playoffs on a losing streak and it having any lingering effects. They looked like defending Champions and shut down the wide-eyed playoff first timer, Kevin Durant. I stick to my original prediction: Lakers in 5.

6. San Antonio @ Dallas: The Spurs shot nearly 50% from the field (which is high for them) and still lost by 6. Dirk Nowitzki was out of his mind last night and is as tough of a matchup as anyone in the West. The Mavs are my sleeper pick to go to the NBA Finals. This team is as hot and deep as anyone out there.

7. Portland @ Phoenix: This was the stunner of the weekend. No Brandon Roy, on the road and against a streaking Suns team, the Blazers still won?! This series will be interesting. Apparently Phoenix still thinks they can out-score every team while slacking on defense. That may work in the regular season, but not the playoffs. The Suns may still win this series, but I'm still not sold on their style of ball.

8. Utah @ Denver: 126-113 final, for a playoff game?! Melo for 42? Yikes. Look who's awoken a sleeping giant. The Nuggets are an exciting team. As an NBA fan, I'd love to see a Nuggets/Cavs Finals.

1. Chicago @ Cleveland: The Bulls are absolutely no match for the Cavs and they know it. They have absolutely no length and other than Derrick Rose, they are miserable outside shooters. This is not the same team who took the Celtics to the brink last year either. It's evident they miss Ben Gordon and John Salmons. As long as the Cavs stay interested, it's hard to see them lose a single game in this series.

2. Charlotte @ Orlando: The Magic are clearly the better team, but the Bobcats will make them work hard for each and every victory. Originally I had Orlando winning in 6 and I think I'll stick with that prediction.

3. Milwaukee @ Atlanta: The Hawks are a dangerous team. They're athletic, tough and peaking in talent. At the end of this year, Joe Johnson is a free agent, so this might be their last shot at glory. I still like the Hawks to mow down the Bucks in a 4 game sweep.

4. Miami @ Boston: This is going to be a heckuva series. The resilient, battle tested Celtics pulled off a hard fought Game 1 win, but look for the Heat to bounce back in Game 2 with Garnett out. I still see this series going to Game 7 where anything is possible.

5. OKC @ LA Lakers: So much for the Lakers heading into the playoffs on a losing streak and it having any lingering effects. They looked like defending Champions and shut down the wide-eyed playoff first timer, Kevin Durant. I stick to my original prediction: Lakers in 5.

6. San Antonio @ Dallas: The Spurs shot nearly 50% from the field (which is high for them) and still lost by 6. Dirk Nowitzki was out of his mind last night and is as tough of a matchup as anyone in the West. The Mavs are my sleeper pick to go to the NBA Finals. This team is as hot and deep as anyone out there.

7. Portland @ Phoenix: This was the stunner of the weekend. No Brandon Roy, on the road and against a streaking Suns team, the Blazers still won?! This series will be interesting. Apparently Phoenix still thinks they can out-score every team while slacking on defense. That may work in the regular season, but not the playoffs. The Suns may still win this series, but I'm still not sold on their style of ball.

8. Utah @ Denver: 126-113 final, for a playoff game?! Melo for 42? Yikes. Look who's awoken a sleeping giant. The Nuggets are an exciting team. As an NBA fan, I'd love to see a Nuggets/Cavs Finals.

Great recap HD! The story for Utah/Denver, however, is the Utah injuries. I said last week if healthy the Jazz are a threat to win the West. They are far from healthy.

Sandra

Noah Disses Garnett & Cleveland...

There's probably not another NBA'er I despise more right now than this ugly SOB...

noahsquarejkjpg-f864695d63454a96_medium.jpg

A bitter Joakim Noah says Cleveland "sucks," Garnett "dirty"...

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/04/chicagos_joakim_noah_spends_a.html

Shaq Schools Noah

Watch and learn kids. This is how a MAN takes advantage of a weaker, less talented, less accomplished, loud mouthed opposing center. But Noah was supposed to "shut US down"?! LMAO! The clinic Shaq put on Noah on Saturday was classic!

[video=youtube;yre1GMPJTAU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yre1GMPJTAU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yre1GMPJTAU[/video]

Oh...I would say your Anderson is a VERY close 2nd because he is the exact player!

Andy is better than Noah, and it's not even that close. They do have some similarities. They're both scrappy and they both have frizzy hair, but that's about it. Andy is on an entirely different level, period. As a matter of fact, I'll go as far to say Andy, next to LeBron is the 2nd most important player on this team! Let me explain...

His energy and effort are off the charts. He dives for balls and never gives up on a rebound or loose ball. His offensive rebounds are demoralizing to opposing teams. As a 6th man, playing half the minutes, Andy had FIFTEEN rebounds on Saturday! Anderson Varajao is our version of Dennis Rodman.

#2, Andy's plus/minus statistic is 3rd in the league. Plus/Minus is a statistic that monitors a team's performance when that individual is on the court. The first two: LeBron and Dwight Howard. Anderson Varajao is ranked THIRD, just behind the two best player in the league! I don't even think Noah made the list. Please be careful the next time you compare Joakim freaking Noah to Anderson Varajao.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)