2010 NCAA Football Season

I just feel that a 16 team playoff makes the season too long to be practical, if the regular season schedule and CCG are left as is.

Personally, I think it should be 4 games, 8 teams, played AFTER the bowl games.

That would be 18 games for some teams.
Dont get me wrong, I would love more college football, but thats too long of a season IMO

The way we figured it was to have the bowl games OVER on January 1st, like it use to be.
Then take the top 8 teams (4 games) and play a playoff set up and play it out.

Thats only that many games for 2 teams, not like everyone has to playn that many.

One issue that came up was getting fans to the games as the fan would have to decide what game to go to, unless the playoffs were at the higher seed home field till the last weekend.

If Boise State want to get into the BSC conversation they need to join a conference that has affiliates, not that hard at the moment, but they seem to not want to do that.

Boise State would be middle of the pack in the Big Ten and SEC.

Playing a conference schedule every week if MUCH harder than playing a team once a year.

Example, the University of Toledo, will play a Big Ten game most years, this year was Arizona, (not sure how that happened) anyways, they have wins over Penn State, Minnesota and probably a few others, but my point is, they CAN win the game from time to time, but that doesn't mean they can play in the Big Ten.

Looking at the Big Ten bowl records for the last decade, it looks like the Little Sisters Of The Poor could play in the Big Ten.

I don't, otherwise div !-AA, II, III, etc... wouldn't have them.

Plus, the Basketball season makes the Football season seem much shorter.

Yeah, but last years FSC champion only played one more game including playoffs than Bama did with the Bowl system in place. If I looked correctly anyway. Same with Division II, and fro what I have seen, some Division III schools only have a 10 game regular season.

What I see proposed with yours would have put Bama at 17 games last year. Assuming we played the SEC champ game then started a playoff.

I think if a team goes undefeated and nobody else does then they should be in the championship game. Doesn't matter what conference they are in. Let them prove me wrong in the title game.

How so? Every other division in the NCAA does it. Why not them?
BCS/Bowl $$$

If there was a playoff, all the conferences/schools would have to share the money equitably as is done with March Madness, instead of a relatively few getting the lion's share.

I know the real reason. I was referring to why msmith doesn't seem to think they can other than $$$
Because it would be harder for Alabama to win. Right now all they'd have to do is win a single game against Ohio St. for instance. With a playoff, there would be 4 opportunities to lose, against Utah for instance.

I think if a team goes undefeated and nobody else does then they should be in the championship game. Doesn't matter what conference they are in. Let them prove me wrong in the title game.

I disagree. Because if THAT is the case, every signle major power will go to a cream puff schedule to go undefeated.

The better the record against the better schedule, should be rewarded....

Jimbo said:
Personally, I think it should be 4 games, 8 teams, played AFTER the bowl games.

Why after the bowl games? It is not like anyone in the playoff will participate in a bowl.

How so? Every other division in the NCAA does it. Why not them?

Yes, but they generally play a game less a year, and I am not sure about the CCG formats in lower divisions. As I showed earlier, the FCS champion only played one more game WITH the playoff than the FBC champion did without it as they are both currently set up.
We are talking about adding 3 games if you do away with the winners bowl game, and 4 if you dont.

Thats 17-18 games vs 15 that was played in the lower divisions playoff system. IMO, that is too many.

Plus, as Derwin said, money.

I do not agree simply because I do not think some of those teams that do go undefeated from lesser conferences (boise), could do so facing better weekly competition. Plus, as has been said, if they do that, you will see true gimme games scheduled vs the occasional OOC matchups that we see now. Say goodbye to Bama/Penn State, Florida/Florida State, ect. No need to risk those potential losses.

Because it would be harder for Alabama to win. Right now all they'd have to do is win a single game against Ohio St. for instance. With a playoff, there would be 4 opportunities to lose, against Utah for instance.

That is possible, but honestly that does not enter into the equation for me. It is not like it is particularly easy for a school to win now.
And no, they do not have to win a single game against Ohio State. They have to win the 13 prior to that as well, or they wont be playing in that game anyway.

Center Ice Screw up

GREAT baseball read about Cuba and their plans on stopping defections

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)