2010 NCAA Football Season

Yep, plenty watched to see undefeated Utah get beaten by Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. oh wait...

They watched for Alabama. Games without Top tier conferences don't draw. The TCU VS BSU game was the lowest ratings among the BCS games. Why because NO ONE CARES.

If TCU and BSU were so popular the Stadium capacity would reflect it. TCU and BSU Stadium combined cap. will fit in most real conferences stadiums. Look at Columbus, The Big House, Death Valley, Tuscaloosa, Athens, Neyland etc. All of those are 92K and higher. Why because they are football traditions and play in top conferences against top talent.

They watched for Alabama. Games without Top tier conferences don't draw. The TCU VS BSU game was the lowest ratings among the BCS games. Why because NO ONE CARES.

If TCU and BSU were so popular the Stadium capacity would reflect it. TCU and BSU Stadium combined cap. will fit in most real conferences stadiums. Look at Columbus, The Big House, Death Valley, Tuscaloosa, Athens, Neyland etc. All of those are 92K and higher. Why because they are football traditions and play in top conferences against top talent.

I wish KY had a stadium that big. Commenwealth has about 55k and they sell them out every game.

Miami and FSU's conferences were effing jokes in the 90's.

They were the only ones who gave a crap about football in a pair of basketball conferences.

The weekly beatings of Duke and Temple were awesome.:rolleyes:

compared to the weekly beatings of, well, let's see...

Indiana?
Vandy?
Baylor?
Wazzu?

etc etc etc.

I agree with Salsa (frame that quote!), the 90's BE was a pretty strong conference, especially compared to the ACC, at the time.

salsadancer7 said:
Really?! When Miami was in the Big East, AS STATED...there was:

VaTech
Syracuse
Pitt
West Virginia
Boston College

That does not sound weak to me. Those teams were pretty good AND ranked teams.

Ok, the ACC was worse.

Aren't you an FSU alum? But you root for Miami?

I do think that pitting them against each other last year was the worst thing for both programs. No one cared outside of their fan bases, and the few that had nothing else to do, of which I was one. lol

Bama's opponent this week- Duke- scored 48 points last week.

Just a reminder that Bama should be careful and avoid what I call the 'look-ahead game.'

They can't be caught looking ahead to Arkansas.

Bama's opponent this week- Duke- scored 48 points last week.

Just a reminder that Bama should be careful and avoid what I call the 'look-ahead game.'

They can't be caught looking ahead to Arkansas.

I agree. While I do not think we are in danger of losing this game, they should not over look them.

Did it ever occur to you that the surrounding population has a great impact on stadium size? Boise for instance probably draws a far higher percentage of the available population than most of the places you mentioned. And by available population I mean within reasonable driving distance. The size of the student body is another determining factor. The entire state of Idaho is about 1.5 mil which is much smaller than the greater Detroit area by itself. Boise will increase capacity by another 50% within the next few years and will most likely be sold out even then.

Thursday/Friday games on TV

Thursday
Cincinnati at NC State- 7:30pm ET (ESPN)

Friday
Kansas at Southern Mississippi- 8:00pm ET (ESPN)

Must see games this weekend:

3:30 PM Air Force-Oklahoma Fox Sports Net
3:30 PM Alabama-Duke ABC Regional
8:00 PM Texas-Texas Tech ABC/ESPN 2

Enjoy!

Sandra

Must see games this weekend:

3:30 PM Air Force-Oklahoma Fox Sports Net
3:30 PM Alabama-Duke ABC Regional
8:00 PM Texas-Texas Tech ABC/ESPN 2

Enjoy!

Sandra

Alabama / Duke ?????

REALLY, thats on your list of games to see ?
I'm not even mentioning the Bucks game as they should win it going away. (object in your mirror are closer than they appear) might not be a blow out, but they should handle them. :)

GAME to see, along with the others you mentioned would be the # 10 Iowa and # 18 Arizona game, an IN season match up of the Big Ten and Pac Ten game time is 10:30 pm, on ESPN

Alabama / Duke ?????

REALLY, thats on your list of games to see ?
I'm not even mentioning the Bucks game as they should win it going away. (object in your mirror are closer than they appear) might not be a blow out, but they should handle them. :)

GAME to see, along with the others you mentioned would be the # 10 Iowa and # 18 Arizona game, an IN season match up of the Big Ten and Pac Ten game time is 10:30 pm, on ESPN

Purely subjective, but Alabama-Duke is there because it's a very interesting game. An upset (or even a close game) would be amazing, and it's not out of the question. Still, if it's 35-10 Alabama at halftime, it's no longer must see!

Iowa/Arizona...I don't know, both rankings seem a little high to me, especially Iowa. Time will tell, but in mid-September I calls 'em like I sees 'em!

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)