2010 NCAA Football Season

Did it ever occur to you that the surrounding population has a great impact on stadium size? Boise for instance probably draws a far higher percentage of the available population than most of the places you mentioned. And by available population I mean within reasonable driving distance. The size of the student body is another determining factor. The entire state of Idaho is about 1.5 mil which is much smaller than the greater Detroit area by itself. Boise will increase capacity by another 50% within the next few years and will most likely be sold out even then.

Yes it did occur. However many other school and pro teams have large stadiums while have low population in the surrounding area.

Purely subjective, but Alabama-Duke is there because it's a very interesting game. An upset (or even a close game) would be amazing, and it's not out of the question. Still, if it's 35-10 Alabama at halftime, it's no longer must see!

Iowa/Arizona...I don't know, both rankings seem a little high to me, especially Iowa. Time will tell, but in mid-September I calls 'em like I sees 'em!

Sandra

I think Iowa is a little LOW.

Alabama should be 35-3 end of the 1st quarter.

Ok, care to explain why THIS game is a Must See ?
Alabama is a 22 point pick and thats should be the first half.

Haha, if they were playing Saint Marys School for the Blind and Deaf Midgets it would still be must see at my house:p

Haha, if they were playing Saint Marys School for the Blind and Deaf Midgets it would still be must see at my house:p

Well, I agree entirely if that is YOUR team.
Like my game Ohio State plays, I am pretty sure the Bucks will win and it will be on at my house..... it's different if it's NOT your team.

Sandra brought it up and I know that Alabama is NOT here team, hmmmm maybe she's a closet Duke fan ... :shh :)

Sandra brought it up and I know that Alabama is NOT here team, hmmmm maybe she's a closet Duke fan ... :shh :)

Hardly. I just think the game has potential for excitement, and there really isn't much more to choose from. A very down week in college football before conference play begins in earnest next week.

Duke may not be awful this year, and the Dukie crowd may get pumped up if they're able to hang in the game for a few minutes. Or you guys may be right, it could be a blowout...that's why they play the game, so we can find out!

Sandra

FLA plays its first SEC opponent this week. Tennesee.. Until Last week I was really scared, but watching how bad Tennessee played and how good FLA played the second half of their game I am not as worried. Still Rivalries often bring upset so we shall see.

I don't think FL is a top 10 team and I don't think Tennessee is as bad as Oregon made them look. However, I feel LF wins this one by 10 or more at home. Of course, if FL can't figure out how to snap the ball...

Last edited:
What did everyone think of that interesting poll analysis during the NCS-Cincy game ranking the conferences after the first 2 weeks using AP and computer rankings?

1. SEC
2. Big Ten
3. Big 12
4. Pac-10
5. MWC
6. WAC
7. ACC
8. Big East
9. Conf USA
10. MAC

I know why I'm the only one mentioning it, but I'll even make your arguments for you. The polls are BS for the 1st weeks of the season, which is why there is too much emphasis placed on them for the BCS. Two weeks means little with so much football yet to be played, and matchups are arbitrary anyway. Most notable statistic was the big drop after the first 4.

Wasn't surprised at the MWC, but cracked up when I saw the WAC next (although it was mainly due to Boise and Fresno I'm sure).

That said, does bring the question about the MWC especially not having a BCS slot while ACC and Big East do.

What did everyone think of that interesting poll analysis during the NCS-Cincy game ranking the conferences after the first 2 weeks using AP and computer rankings?

1. SEC
2. Big Ten
3. Big 12
4. Pac-10
5. MWC
6. WAC
7. ACC
8. Big East
9. Conf USA
10. MAC

I know why I'm the only one mentioning it, but I'll even make your arguments for you. The polls are BS for the 1st weeks of the season, which is why there is too much emphasis placed on them for the BCS. Two weeks means little with so much football yet to be played, and matchups are arbitrary anyway. Most notable statistic was the big drop after the first 4.

Wasn't surprised at the MWC, but cracked up when I saw the WAC next (although it was mainly due to Boise and Fresno I'm sure).

That said, does bring the question about the MWC especially not having a BCS slot while ACC and Big East do.

I have never given a crap about conferences because The U has always been a gypsy when it comes to belonging to a conference....but even if the WAC has Boise and Fresno, the rest of that conference could not beat a pack of nuns! I think it is ACC and then the Big East are notch below the PAC10 from top to bottom.

And about the polls, like I said they should not be used until week 6 or 7 into the college football season. By that time, ALL teams have played 5 or 6 games and have played AT LEAST 3 games into their conference .

Last edited:
I have never given a crap about conferences because has always been a gypsy when it comes to belonging to a conference....but even if the WAC has Boise and Fresno, the rest of that conference could not beat a pack of nuns! I think it is ACC and then the Big East are notch below the PAC10 from top to bottom.

And about the polls, like I said they should not be used until week 6 or 7 into the college football season. By that time, ALL teams have played 5 or 6 games and have played AT LEAST 3 games into their conference .

Touche !!!

Personally, I agree that the polls don't mean much till week 5-6 then you get an idea.

I don't worry about Conferences either, the Conference doesn't win the game, the School does.

Most conferences don't take a teams win as thier win, Ala the SEC, when Florida wins, Vanderbilt thinks they won the championship, or insert other SEC schools, never understood that.

Well southern miss looks pretty good tonight. What was up with Kansas beating Ga. Tech last week????

I have never given a crap about conferences because has always been a gypsy when it comes to belonging to a conference....but even if the WAC has Boise and Fresno, the rest of that conference could not beat a pack of nuns! I think it is ACC and then the Big East are notch below the PAC10 from top to bottom.

Touche !!!

Personally, I agree that the polls don't mean much till week 5-6 then you get an idea.

I don't worry about Conferences either, the Conference doesn't win the game, the School does.

Most conferences don't take a teams win as thier win, Ala the SEC, when Florida wins, Vanderbilt thinks they won the championship, or insert other SEC schools, never understood that.

Let's see. If we point out the acheivements of Boise, TCU or Utah, they are dismissed because of their conference. But when evidence of the conference maybe being better than what you perceive, it doesn't matter, only the team does.

That conference analysis reflects results such as Utah State (generally a WAC also-ran) putting a scare into Oklahoma (running up 430 yards total offense) the week before OU trashes FSU.

Whatever you do, don't let facts get in the way of your opinions.

Let's see. If we point out the acheivements of Boise, TCU or Utah, they are dismissed because of their conference. But when evidence of the conference maybe being better than what you perceive, it doesn't matter, only the team does.

That conference analysis reflects results such as Utah State (generally a WAC also-ran) putting a scare into Oklahoma (running up 430 yards total offense) the week before OU trashes FSU.

You'll never see anywhere that I said other than what I posted in MY post.

The the grand scheme of things, over the last 10 years, the body of work has been those two teams....and that's about it. After Boise and Frenso, go down the rest of the conferences and compare over the last 10 years and you will see that the OTHER teams of the ACC AND the Big East have done TONS more in reagrds to accomplishments than the rest of the WAC AND MWC combined.

Yep, I agree, do not let facts get in the way of your opinions.;)

The the grand scheme of things, over the last 10 years, the body of work has been those two teams....and that's about it. After Boise and Frenso, go down the rest of the conferences and compare over the last 10 years and you will see that the OTHER teams of the ACC AND the Big East have done TONS more in reagrds to accomplishments than the rest of the WAC AND MWC combined.

Yep, I agree, do not let facts get in the way of your opinions.;)

I'm talking about now. The past is irrelevant. The only pattern that matters is that the previous have-nots have closed the gap tremendously. With all the TV coverage and NFL scouting, good players are dispersing to schools where they can play right away and not wait behind someone 2-3 years at one of the major schools. I never claimed the conferences were powerhouses, but the facts say the previous disparities no longer exist. Watching Nevada put a hurt on Cal right now - I think Nevada's in the WAC aren't they? Does that pass for a fact. The icing is I have their QB Kaepernick on my ESPN fantasy team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)