2010 NFL Draft

Ok, so the Lions did something good.

Lets see them win 7 games now.

Actually, the Lions have had good picks in the past and they play great once they leave to play elsewhere.
Normally they find 7 wins a ......... season and a GOD one at that.

Remember the Wayne Fontes years when 8-8 was not good enough .... neither do I.
I quit following them shortly there after.

Haha, from another forum.

attachment.php

Glenn Dorsey, Brandon Albert and Tyson Jackson are all busts, talk about humiliating. :confused:

If the Broncos are so dumb, why are the Chiefs constantly finishing behind them?

Just had to put this in for HD MM. I'm a long time saints fan and it took us 43 years to get there much less win it, but here goes. THE REMAINING 4 TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE TO NOT REACH THE SUPERBOWL:
1. Detroit Lions (hey at least matt millen is gone)
2. Houston Oilers
3. Jacksonville Jaguars
4. CLEVELAND BROWNS (this one in my mind has the most chance to get it done in the next 3 years. Holgren is that good. Good luck browns fans. I feel your pain, but after 43 years my nightmare is over!!!)

Thanks for the well wishes my friend! And feel free to contribute more to the Sports Forum. We could use some new blood. :up :)

I loved the Lions move to grab Best. He's going to be a better playing than Spiller in my opinion. Dare I say that things are really looking up in motown?

Mr. Florida, aka Insider: Can you give us the inside scoop on CB Joe Haden? I don't know a lot about him and you probably watched more games with him than me. Fill us in bro...

I agree. The Lions had a GREAT first day draft!

:( I am unsure, we need CB's in the worst way and gave up our second round pick, If you move up to grab a RB in the first round, I am guessing the playing time of Kevin Smith after his rehab is now getting cut into. Which I am fine with, but if you move up to grab him he better be on the field

:( I am unsure, we need CB's in the worst way and gave up our second round pick, If you move up to grab a RB in the first round, I am guessing the playing time of Kevin Smith after his rehab is now getting cut into. Which I am fine with, but if you move up to grab him he better be on the field

I wouldn't worry too much.....I'm no Mel Kiper, but I think Best is the best RB in this draft and worthy of a top 15 overall pick. Couple him with Suh and you guys had a great 1st round. The only potential worry is the concussions suffered by Best....

I know about having many holes to fill, but you should be happy that the Lions are committing to building around your young QB, giving him all the tools to succeed. That is very important.

Clausen Falling to Browns @ #38?

Heading into the draft, I told you I'd be happy with drafting a DB, then a QB in the 2nd or 3rd. That QB I expected to fall to us was Colt McCoy. The story of the day however is that BOTH McCoy and Jimmy Clausen are still available. Is the choice clear or is there a reason why all the GM's/scouts have passed on them so far?

Furthermore, let's look at the first 7 picks of Round two and our chances in landing Clausen.....

33. St. Louis: took Bradford in Round 1.

34. Minnesota: Childress seems intent on developing Tavaris Jackson and passed on both QB's in round 1.

35. Tampa Bay: Drafted their franchise QB last year in Josh Freeman

36. KC Chiefs: The Chiefs have the opportunity to screw the Browns again, just like they did when they took Eric Berry in Rd. 1. The front office may not be yet willing to give up on Cassel though as they gave up so much for him last year.

37. That leaves my Cleveland Browns. Sorry Raiders and Bills (other QB needy teams), but we pick ahead of you. The only debate is who do we pick? Honestly I'm not sold on either one. Clausen was ranked higher than McCoy, but is there a reason they dropped? Hmmm...

Sandra, what do you think about the Jets drafting another Corner? Aren't you guys being a bit stingy with all these corners you've accumulated? (Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie and now Kyle Wilson).

Sandra, what do you think about the Jets drafting another Corner? Aren't you guys being a bit stingy with all these corners you've accumulated? (Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie and now Kyle Wilson).

I am at the point where I have full faith that Rex Ryan and Mr T know what they are doing regarding building a defense. If Ryan thinks they needed another top-notch corner, I am OK with that. It would be the same way you would have faith in Mike Homgren building an offense, regardless of how he does it.

Kind of the opposite of my hockey team. I know we all joke a lot, but I seriously think I could do a better job running the Rangers than the Edmonton Genius. Seriously. :eek:

Sandra

CBS Sportswriter thinks McDaniels just committed "Career Suicide"

Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels should enjoy the next year or two in Denver. Really. Soak all of it in. Enjoy being a head coach. Enjoy making all the decisions.

Your days are numbered.

When you trade away Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler, the key components in the Broncos passing game in a year span, and then draft Tim Tebow in the first round of the draft, you are sending a loud message.

Talent doesn't matter.

Character does.

Why not pick the altar boys from the parish down the street? Aren't they good kids? Or maybe you can pick all the "A" students in this draft?

It doesn't matter if they can play. Just make sure they are good "yes men."

It just doesn't make any sense.

I understand a coach wanting to have good character guys, but this is going past that.

Tebow is a fifth-round talent.

First round?

Nobody in their right mind would ever say that Tebow plays the position better than Cutler. But Cutler was shipped out for being a bad boy.

Now they have Saint Timmy to fix things.

Here's a bet: He doesn't even beat out Brady Quinn.

He makes Quinn and Kyle Orton, the other quarterback, look like John Elway........

:eek:

Broncos' McDaniels can kiss job goodbye with Tebow pick - NFL - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

I'm still not sold on the Tebow pick yet, but I saw this story last night, and whoever wrote it is clueless. The kid is a winner! 5th round?? Everyone else sure saw it differently.

There was an intersting post on the Broncos fourm about Tebow's scouting report from HS to college, and it was VERY similar to his current one. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Here it is -

So I was as shocked as anyone when Denver decided to draft Tebow and regardlless of his college accolades, I am skeptical of his abilities to be an elite pro QB. I thought that I would do a little research, as I was not interested in what he did in college (those stats speak for themselves), but rather what people said about him the last time he made a huge transition in the sport, that being going from HS to college. I was astonished as to what I found! According to Scout.com and totalblusport.com, Tim Tebow heard MANY of the same criticisms as he is hearing now. here is a rundown.

HS Biography:
Tebow finished his career with 9,810 passing yards, 3,169 rushing yards, 95 passing touchdowns and 63 rushing touchdowns. He led Nease HS to a state title as a senior. Threw for state-record 4,286 yards and 46 TDs and rushed for 1,266 yards and 24 TDs for an 11-2 team as a junior, was third in voting for Mr. Football. Has been featured in Sports Illustrated's "Faces In The Crowd" feature. Looks like he achieved to his fullest potential in his high school carrer, acomplishing every accolade that was avaliable, including a championship....much like he did in college. He is a proven winner.

Quote from Tebow about how he will succede in the next level (college):"I'm a real open-minded person and I'd say one of my greatest strengths is listening to people and learning from them, so that I can get better. I want to work on making my reads quicker and faster, and I want to get the ball into the right hands to make plays. I just want to do everything faster." Hmmmm, this sounds alot like what he is currently saying about going into the pros. Talking about listening to McDaniels, and doing everything it takes to get better. He was true to his word then, maybe....

I think this is the kicker. The following are Tebows strengths and weaknesses as a high school player. These are the criticisms he received about his skill set pretaining to his jump from high school to college. Hang on to your hats...

Scout.com Player Evaluation:
STRENGTHS
Arm Strength
Running Ability / Mobility
Size

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
Technique

A huge quarterback with a powerful arm, Tebow is a tremendous all-around athlete that would be being talked about at other positions if it weren't for a big league left arm. His mechanics will need to be refined on the college level, but he has more than enough physical tools. SAY WHAT!!! So you are telling me that this is not the first time that Tebow has been told that he needs to work on his technique?! So this is not the first time that Tebow has been told that his game needs to be refined!? This is not the first time that people suggest that he play a position other than QB!? All he did in the face of these criticisms was become the greatest college football player of all time!

Look, I am not trying to say that the transition from HS to college is the same as college to the pros, but in the face of adversity, Tebow seems to find ways to improve his game through hard work, listening to his coaches, and an elite set of physical tools. This is not the first time that Tebow has heard these kinds of knocks on his game, and I won't be surprised to see him overcome them again as a member of the Denver Broncos!

Actually many scouts say the transition from HS to college is much harder then going from college to pros. When matt barkeley started at USC as a true freshmen this year, they kept bringing up this point

We essentially in the first round added a third rounder and gave away a fourth to turn our second rounder back into a first. I understand it seemed like a lot to give up at the time but really I think we came out ahead in the whole deal we traded back to get the guy we wanted. And just gave up a fourth to assure us getting the guy we would have picked at 43 any way. I think Josh McD did a pretty good job imho

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts