2010 NFL Draft

Were they thinking Tebow could be a starter this season??

Dunno, but you better believe the fans/media will be calling for Tebow if Quinn or Orton falter. Trust me, I've been a part of many QB controversies in my day. They are not fun and hurt the development of all QB's a part of it.

Mr. Florida, aka Insider: Can you give us the inside scoop on CB Joe Haden? I don't know a lot about him and you probably watched more games with him than me. Fill us in bro...

Well hes a very fast player with great eyes and hands. He will take away the long ball for sure from anyone he covers. A very good pick up as he has a great ability to read plays and put himself in the right spot at the right time.

Tom,
The Lions moved up to pick # 30 and took RB Javon Best from California.
They had talked about getting him if he was available and that they wanted a RB in the draft.

Sooner of later the Lions have to get better, not good, just better, they are not yet to Good. :)

The goal is to move down the draft each year. I would say the third pick next year is within reach. 30 more years, and they will be drafting last. I liked the trade to grab Best.

I'm still not sold on the Tebow pick yet, but I saw this story last night, and whoever wrote it is clueless. The kid is a winner! 5th round?? Everyone else sure saw it differently.

There was an intersting post on the Broncos fourm about Tebow's scouting report from HS to college, and it was VERY similar to his current one. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Here it is -

I dont understand the hate for Tebow.. I mean I maybe a fan boy but how anyone can not see the raw talent he has is beyond me. THe biggest critisims of him are of minor technique flaws.. Things people can learn. No one says anything bad about his accuracy, his strength, his ability to lead, his ability to watch a play unfold and change as needed. All those skills are really hard to teach, you just either can or cant. And Tebow can.

The guy was in a certain style of offense and was told Do X, and he did. He did it great, I have no reason to believe he can not go into a different style offense and be told Do X and not achieve the same goal.

Actually, the Lions have had good picks in the past and they play great once they leave to play elsewhere.
Normally they find 7 wins a ......... season and a GOD one at that.

Remember the Wayne Fontes years when 8-8 was not good enough .... neither do I.
I quit following them shortly there after.

Who would that be? I can't think of anybody. The last decade was a total draft fubar, that's why they are the worst team in NFL history. Millen didn't know talent if it kicked him in his ass.

Haha, from another forum.

attachment.php

We essentially in the first round added a third rounder and gave away a fourth to turn our second rounder back into a first. I understand it seemed like a lot to give up at the time but really I think we came out ahead in the whole deal we traded back to get the guy we wanted. And just gave up a fourth to assure us getting the guy we would have picked at 43 any way. I think Josh McD did a pretty good job imho

Didn't give up much at all, just flipped some of the trades we got by moving down. This McDaniels kid is slick! :p

We entered today with 7 picks, and finished with 7 picks.

Before:

1st round- 1 pick
2nd round- 2 picks
3rd round- 1 pick
4th round- 1 pick
5th round- 1 pick
6th round- 1 pick

After:

1st round- 2 picks
2nd round- 1 pick
3rd round- 2 picks
4th round- 0 picks
5th round- 1 pick
6th round- 1 pick

We kept the same amount of picks. Yet were able to move up from a 2nd round to 1st round pick. And were able to move from a 4th round pick to a 3rd round pick sounds like we raped the nfl with our trades.

Last edited:
Are you really trying to convince us all that going from Cutler and Marshall to a project QB and WR is going to be better for the Broncos?

In how many years?

Their trades were good, but then they picked poorly with both opportunities I think. Your new WR won't even be able to participate in all the training camp stuff after surgery on his foot. And then Tebow... well... Quinn can let Orton know what this is like... and it's still TBD if he can even play well in a non-Florida offense and w/ his new throwing motion.

Last edited:
Are you really trying to convince us all that going from Cutler and Marshall to a project QB and WR is going to be better for the Broncos?

In how many years?

I'm not trying and don't have to convince you of anything.....

Do I believe we have a better TEAM after those 3 (Scheffler, too) are gone? Yes, without a doubt. The crybaby and festering wounds are gone. And Hillis was not going to be used, and we got a former first-round QB in Quinn.

We are better now. And if Tebow works out, we'll be even better in a year or two.

Show me where the Bears were better last year because they got Cutler.....they weren't. And how many picks did they have last night. ZERO. Today....ONE in the 3rd. How are they going to build around him?

We'll be alright.

I must say, if you go on the Broncos forums, there are MANY people who don't believe like I do. I would say it's 50/50.

Last edited:
Their trades were good, but then they picked poorly with both opportunities I think. Your new WR won't even be able to participate in all the training camp stuff after surgery on his foot. And then Tebow... well... Quinn can let Orton know what this is like... and it's still TBD if he can even play well in a non-Florida offense and w/ his new throwing motion.

He will be ready by training camp is what I read....I haven't examined his foot myself. ;)

And here's a quote from McD's press conference - maybe we'll see some scheme changes...it's well known that Meyer/Belicheck/McDaniels are tight.

On whether Tebow's style fits the Broncos' system

"We stole a lot of (University of Florida's) plays maybe three or four years ago. They run a lot of different things. They ask their quarterback to do a lot. No college quarterback - or very few I should say - have run or done what we're going to do, or what other NFL teams do necessarily, because the game has spread out so much. There are so many different things going on right now in the college football game that maybe you don't see in the professional football league. What Tim has been asked to do - mentally, there is a lot of burden on him - same thing here. What he's been asked to do in terms of reading defenses and progressions and those types of things is similar to what he'll have to do in the National Football League. He's been well coached - I have a great deal of respect for (University of Florida Head) Coach (Urban) Meyer. I have a good relationship with (Meyer), known him for a long time and understand what (Tebow) has had to do and what he's had to learn. I don't really look at it and say, ‘His system doesn't fit our system.' No quarterback's does. I'm not really worried too much about it, I just know what he's been asked to do and what he's been able to accomplish in that system there. I won't deny that he doesn't give you an opportunity to create some un-gameplanned production, similar to (Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback) Ben Roethlisberger, or a (Washington Redskins quarterback) Donovan McNabb or someone like that where you draw the play up there on the board and all of the sudden it doesn't necessarily look as pretty as I thought it would but then he makes it work some other way - there is an element to his game like that."

Yeah, I hope Berry is good, thanks. Asmougha is the best corner on the worst team in our division, I hope Berry isn't in the same position... doing an awesome job only to watch the rest of the team fail around him.

The Chiefs were actually pretty successful with the spread formation for a little while with Thigpen, the team just wasn't built for it, it was done out of necessity when Croyle was hurt. I guess it's problematic because the NFL is much faster than college, guys are bigger, stronger, you need the protection and it's harder to pull off running it all the time.

From what I understand that's primarily what Florida ran? I am as much a college guy as Insider is a NFL guy I think judging by his posts.

I hope he's awful from a Chiefs fan perspective, but we won't know anything until he's taken some snaps and part of me hopes he's great to shut up a lot of the naysayers.

I think the much bigger key to his success is how they handle the QB situation now.

Yeah, I hope Berry is good, thanks. Asmougha is the best corner on the worst team in our division, I hope Berry isn't in the same position... doing an awesome job only to watch the rest of the team fail around him.

The Chiefs were actually pretty successful with the spread formation for a little while with Thigpen, the team just wasn't built for it, it was done out of necessity when Croyle was hurt. I guess it's problematic because the NFL is much faster than college, guys are bigger, stronger, you need the protection and it's harder to pull off running it all the time.

From what I understand that's primarily what Florida ran? I am as much a college guy as Insider is a NFL guy I think judging by his posts.

I hope he's awful from a Chiefs fan perspective, but we won't know anything until he's taken some snaps and part of me hopes he's great to shut up a lot of the naysayers.

I think the much bigger key to his success is how they handle the QB situation now.

I HATE Florida (and have general disregard for the SEC as a whole ;) ), but I have read that the spread is all they used, and Tebow NEVER took a snap at center because he was always in the shotgun (which is a big concern). I could be wrong, Insider could tell us more.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)