2010 NFL Draft

The Raiders may be putting themselves back into the picture in the AFC West. Years of poor management decisions made them a joke, but this one good offseason may put them above the Broncos and the Chiefs.

MD, it is the Chargers to lose. IT is more or less a 3 way tie for 2nd IMHO with the victor being the one with least injuries and the better QB play. And to me, the 2 best QBs of the rest in the AFC is between Cassel and Campbell.

The Raiders had a very good draft and gave up NOTHING for Campbell. I will say right now that it is a crap shoot for 2nd place with San Diego being the better team by default. And your mules, giving up draft picks to pick-up the Golden Boy....he would have be available in the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd round. That was an incredibly dumb move to get a QB THAT high just because he is a "good moral kid". Most news agencies and media outlets grade the Raiders draft an "A" because they went to with NEED instead of the usual lust for speed.

I would not pat your Mules on the back end just yet.

We gave up nothing to get him, (didn't you read either of the posts I put up explaining that..."uh, no I didn't"). Tebow WOULD NOT have been available in the 2nd or 3rd round. Buffalo was putting together a package to get him before we did.
We'll see how dumb it is in the next year or two......
And if you didn't notice, we kind of kick started our offense with this draft, so watch out!

Doesn't matter how good the Faiders draft was, they are still the Faiders....

MD, it is the Chargers to lose. IT is more or less a 3 way tie for 2nd IMHO with the victor being the one with least injuries and the better QB play. And to me, the 2 best QBs of the rest in the AFC is between Cassel and Campbell.

Campbell??????

:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha

We gave up nothing to get him, (didn't you read either of the posts I put up explaining that..."uh, no I didn't"). Tebow WOULD NOT have been available in the 2nd or 3rd round. Buffalo was putting together a package to get him before we did.
We'll see how dumb it is in the next year or two......
And if you didn't notice, we kind of kick started our offense with this draft, so watch out!

You sure, because Clausen AND McCoy were and they were both ranked ABOVE Tebow in just about every scouting report I read.

They're ready to play is why, Tebow is a project, this season in Denver should be the Orton/Quinn show.

Tom Cable today though said there will still be a competition for the QB spot, and that Jason Campbell shouldn't assume he's starting.

You sure, because Clausen AND McCoy were and they were both ranked ABOVE Tebow in just about every scouting report I read.

You ever wonder why Kiper and McShay don't have NFL jobs?

Jake Delhomme? :haha:haha:haha Yeah you should be mocking any other teams QB situation.

Wait....You guys started so well the last two years that you and rest of the Mule fans were printing playoff tickets midway through the season...and faded like a used up magic market and you are calling the Raiders "Faiders"??!! LOL!!

woooooww.....that thin air really does do the craziest things to your thought process.....! LOL!

Best Quote of the Draft

Paraphrasing Trent Dilfer: "As involved and as popular as the NFl Draft has become, it's easy to think that it's all about picking good players. You win the draft, you win the Super Bowl, pretty simple. But really the draft is just the first step. You can draft the best players year in and year out, but if you don't have the proper coaching to turn them into "Pros", you aren't going anywhere. More emphasis needs to be put on the coaching up and developing of these college athletes to help them truly become NFL players. Too many times, that process is not followed up on efficiently."

Basically, you can buy the very best groceries, but if you don't know how to prepare those ingredients, you are not a good chef and the results will probably not be great.

Two or three years from now, we will look back at this draft and say this guy produced or that guy's a bust. And more than likely a lot of the blame will be pointed at the people responsible for picking the players...good or bad.

But in actuality, it's what happens from this day forward, the coaching and developing part, that will decide if they truly become great NFL players. Every year, some really great college players fail to make the transition and some lesser college players go to the Pro Bowl. That is not the fault of those who draft the players, that responsibility belongs to those who coach and develop the players you draft.

Picking good players is one part of the equation. The next is coaching them up.

Campbell??????

:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha

hmmmmm.....Campbell 20 td....15 INTs.....3618 yrds.....86.4 QB rating

....................Orton put up the same number more or less with tons more talent to throw to. And yet they are SOOOO confident in him that they have drafted a QB as their #1 pick as well as another former #1 draft pick in the bench!

Yep.....that thin air does somethings too ya!

Now we know why Mark Cuban was so upset:

This is not good news for the NBA. Preliminary ratings show that television viewers preferred watching NFL prospects walk to a podium last night over seeing NBA postseason basketball action.

According to Bloomberg, ESPN's coverage of the NFL draft outdrew the two NBA playoffs on TNT last night. An ESPN spokesman said the draft was seen in 5.4% of households in the top 56 U.S. markets. A TNT rep said the Cavaliers-Bulls game had a 2.1 rating, and the later Lakers-Thunder playoff earned a 3.0.

Those are all preliminary numbers. An Associated Press story this afternoon said the overnight ESPN number was 5.47. But the draft also was shown on NFL Network, where AP says it drew a 0.95 rating, for a combined total of 6.42.

NFL draft topped NBA playoffs in TV ratings - Game On!: Covering the Latest Sports News

Teabag isn't starting this year, is he? I envisioned him as a 2-3 year project before he even sees the field.

Ok I will change my statement

if Teabag starts they are winning the AFC west. If he doesnt and only plays backup they will be at least a contender for the AFC west. ;)

hmmmmm.....Campbell 20 td....15 INTs.....3618 yrds.....86.4 QB rating

....................Orton put up the same number more or less with tons more talent to throw to. And yet they are SOOOO confident in him that they have drafted a QB as their #1 pick as well as another former #1 draft pick in the bench!

Yep.....that thin air does somethings too ya!

Orton is in the last year of a contract. Cambell's numbers aren't to bad and Teabag could always play middle linebacker.:D

From ESPN:

The 49 SEC players taken in this year's NFL draft were the most ever for the conference in the modern era. The previous high was 47 in 2002.

Back in the 1950s, the draft consisted of 30 rounds.

The SEC's 49 selections were 15 more than the next conference. The Big Ten had 34, the ACC had 31, the Big 12 had 30 and the Pac-10 had 29.

The SEC also ruled this year's draft in terms of premium selections, producing 23 players taken in the first three rounds. That was eight more than the Pac-10, which had 15 players go in the first three rounds.

The SEC has now led or tied for the most selections in the NFL draft for 11 of the last 13 seasons and for the last four drafts.

Since 1990, the SEC has had 782 total selections in the NFL draft, an average of 37.2 selections per year. The Big Ten is second with 672 selections.

Florida finished the draft with a nation's-best nine players selected, including a school-record six players taken in the first two rounds.

Here's a look at the number of players drafted from each SEC school:

Florida -- 9
Alabama -- 7
LSU -- 6
Tennessee -- 6
Georgia -- 5
Ole Miss -- 4
Kentucky -- 3
Auburn -- 2
Mississippi State -- 2
South Carolina -- 2
Vanderbilt -- 2
Arkansas -- 1

-----------------

Just an FYI to those who compare NFL Draftees to conference strength.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts