2010 NFL Draft

So let's assume QB doesn't go to Washington, then who? Seattle? Is Seneca Wallace ever going to be the man, or just a gimmick?

The Browns wouldnt pick a QB with their first I wouldn't think. I'd expect Holmgren to give Brady a real season to try out for the job, rather than the joke that was this season.

That brings us to Oakland.

Like I said in Post #14, Seattle will be the first interested in a QB at #6. I can't imagine Cleveland will take one at #7. We need help on defense. If anything, Holmgren will sign a veteran if he's not comfortable with Quinn. Oakland's certainly a possibility for the 2nd QB to be taken, but I'm not sure if Al Davis is ready to admit fault with J-Marc. If a QB falls to Buffalo though, you better be sure they'll take a long hard look at one.

re: Detroit WRs, Mel Kiper said Mike Williams was the biggest bust of the decade when pressed to name someone.

Ugh, what about Charles Rogers? we picked him #2 the year we drafted him. For that matter, I would call just about the whole decades draft a bust. Thanks Matt Millen!:rolleyes:

He said Mike Williams and that he only got the chances he did because of his USC connections. Every team he went to had USC coaches trying to give him a chance before he fell out of the league. Was funny cause he didn't even hesitate.

Mike only made 10 on this list... Chuck is on it too though ;)

The 10 biggest NFL draft busts of the decade - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

I don't think a few belong on that list though, without spoiling it.

Ya know Paul,
It would be a dumb move in my mind, but St. Louis could take a QB and that would leave Suh to go to Detroit. :)

Of course, in a practical world, St. Louis will take Suh and seeing the Lions DON'T need a QB, will take someone they don't need, oh wait, they need everything .....

Take Berry if Suh is gone, they need secondary help just as bad.

Jimbo, with our D-line. we could have anybody back in the secondary, and it wouldn't matter. Go ahead, pick 4 hall of famers, now put them back there trying to cover somebody for 5-6 seconds. Seeing the picture? If you give any QB that much time, they're going to have a field day, pretty much what has been happening here for the last decade. Every QB in the NFL has had a QB rating over 100 when they play the Lions. If we put some pressure on the QB, the secondary wouldn't look so bad.

Give me a couple of monster D-linemen, and I think the secondary will improve overnight.

So let's assume QB doesn't go to Washington, then who? Seattle? Is Seneca Wallace ever going to be the man, or just a gimmick?

The Browns wouldnt pick a QB with their first I wouldn't think. I'd expect Holmgren to give Brady a real season to try out for the job, rather than the joke that was this season.

That brings us to Oakland.
I still say that Kyle Orton isn't the solution for Denver. Denver picks before Seattle, and I think they just might pick Bradford or Clausen, whichever one is still on the board.

I still say that Kyle Orton isn't the solution for Denver. Denver picks before Seattle, and I think they just might pick Bradford or Clausen, whichever one is still on the board.
I've heard many supposed "experts" say this is the reason it's risky to select Bradford too high:

alg_sam_bradford.jpg

that he's a little fragile...

I've heard many supposed "experts" say this is the reason it's risky to select Bradford too high:

that he's a little fragile...
Maybe - but then Adrian Peterson broke his collarbone at OU and missed a season too. That turned out pretty well for the Vikings.

Jimbo, with our D-line. we could have anybody back in the secondary, and it wouldn't matter. Go ahead, pick 4 hall of famers, now put them back there trying to cover somebody for 5-6 seconds. Seeing the picture? If you give any QB that much time, they're going to have a field day, pretty much what has been happening here for the last decade. Every QB in the NFL has had a QB rating over 100 when they play the Lions. If we put some pressure on the QB, the secondary wouldn't look so bad.

Give me a couple of monster D-linemen, and I think the secondary will improve overnight.

Like I said before, there's a possibility that Suh goes there ..... will they take him if he's still there ?
Millen is gone, so there's a possibility.

I think what you mentioned was why Dre Bly eventually left.

Personally, I've never been impressed with Clausen.
I think I would take McCoy then Bradford, then flip flopping would be OK too, but McCoy is less fragile.

Yes, I would put them McCoy, Bradford and Clausen if I was the one looking for a QB.

Ummmm, he does more than you think.

You don't think he uses his shoulders when running ?

I agree. AP has way more physical impact on his shoulder than a QB takes to flick a ball. Think about it. Every time he lowers his shoulder on rushes, he takes a violent blow to his shoulder and his coller bone is tested.

The comparison mdonelley made is a good one.

I agree. AP has way more physical impact on his shoulder than a QB takes to flick a ball. Think about it. Every time he lowers his shoulder on rushes, he takes a violent blow to his shoulder and his coller bone is tested.

The comparison mdonelley made is a good one.

I'd like to see you "flick" a football with a separated shoulder. ;)

Emmitt Smith suffers a separated shoulder in the third quarter of a game in 1994 but played the whole game, rushing for 168 yards and catching 10 passes for 61 more.

Sam Bradford separated his shoulder during a game this past season twice and had to miss three games the first time and the rest of the season after the second one.

So, to which position is the shoulder more important??

Personally, I think the Eagles are gonna let Vick go and the Raiders are gonna make a play for him. They will save their 8th overall pick and either and go after either Derrick Morgan DL/DT, Carlos Dunlap or even Jason Pierre-Paul...ALL defensive players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts