2010 Winter Olympics

BC is 19...
Okay, and your point? I already said the ones that have it at 19 don't really care about 18 yr. olds drinking.

As it is, most of the team was over 18, and the one in the picture that was 18 was legal in her home province of Alberta.

Is your whole point now that there might have been underage drinking (which isn't a big deal in Canada for 18 yr. olds), therefore it was wrong to celebrate?

Even the Chairman of the Canadian Olympic Committee said this type of celebration was normal in Canada. Or are you saying he knows nothing of Canada as well?

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=52689.html?cid=rss
Steve Keogh, a spokesman for the COC, said the organization had not provided the alcohol or initiated the party.
"In terms of the actual celebration, it's not exactly something uncommon in Canada,"

Okay, and your point? I already said the ones that have it at 19 don't really care about 18 yr. olds drinking.

As it is, most of the team was over 18, and the one in the picture that was 18 was legal in her home province of Alberta.

Is your whole point now that there might have been underage drinking (which isn't a big deal in Canada for 18 yr. olds), therefore it was wrong to celebrate?

Even the Chairman of the Canadian Olympic Committee said this type of celebration was normal in Canada. Or are you saying he knows nothing of Canada as well?

Team Canada apologizes for post-game behaviour

If you liked it...enjoy. I didn't.

Sandra

If you liked it...enjoy. I didn't.
I didn't too much, mostly because my wife gloated at me about Canada beating the US. But the Canadians loved it, and since it's their team and their country, it's their right.
And most of the comments in different papers in Canada are complaining more about Team Canada apologizing than the celebration, which shows they agree.

I didn't too much, mostly because my wife gloated at me about Canada beating the US. But the Canadians loved it, and since it's their team and their country, it's their right.
And most of the comments in different papers in Canada are complaining more about Team Canada apologizing than the celebration, which shows they agree.

Well if they liked it, then they should enjoy...doesn't mean I have to like though. ;)

Sandra

Team Canada apologizes for post-game behaviour

Very good point, if thats the case then there were no underage laws broken.
I personally don't have a problem with it at all.
Also, the underaged person ( i think they said only one was 18) was in a supervised area by people OF AGE

The celebration was quite some time after the game was over when they went back on the ice, very few were left from what I've heard.

This wasn't pointed at you Derwin, just expanded my post once I got started.

You can potentially get her back on Sunday with a USA win !

So Sandra,
Your an athlete, if you were in this situation where you just WON the GOLD Metal and were 18, would you have not joined in with the celebration with a bit of alcohol and possible cigar ?

I think it was great what they did, it would have been better had they allowed the team and fans on the ice at the same time like they sometimes do in the NHL. Not tooo much the fans , but occasionally.

So Sandra,
Your an athlete, if you were in this situation where you just WON the GOLD Metal and were 18, would you have not joined in with the celebration with a bit of alcohol and possible cigar ?

I think it was great what they did, it would have been better had they allowed the team and fans on the ice at the same time like they sometimes do in the NHL. Not tooo much the fans , but occasionally.

I have no problem with people who enjoyed how they celebrated. I don't know why people have a problem that I did not enjoy how they celebrated. :confused:

Sandra

In most instances, celebrations like these occur after winning a Championship within the clubhouse or locker rooms. The only difference here was that the team celebrated on the ice, with all the fans instead of bringing their celebrations behind closed doors. If I were a fan, I'd rather them celebrate on the court/ice/field so the fans can share that glory.

They are HOCKEY players, Canadian women hockey players, not frooffy little ice dancers. I'm surprised they didn't disembowel the other team, eat their hearts and smear themselves with the blood. Great restraint, I say. :D

In most instances, celebrations like these occur after winning a Championship within the clubhouse or locker rooms. The only difference here was that the team celebrated on the ice, with all the fans instead of bringing their celebrations behind closed doors. If I were a fan, I'd rather them celebrate on the court/ice/field so the fans can share that glory.

Actually, it was almost an hour after the game was over, and all the fans had left the building...the original purpose of coming back on the ice was for a team picture...:D

seriously who cares if they had beer and cigars?

They won the gold medal IN THE FRICKIN HOST COUNTRY! Hell that is how I'd celebrate :)

So when Canada wins the gold in mens hockey on Sunday, how they gonna top that? Smoke some weed?? :D

So when Canada wins the gold in mens hockey on Sunday, how they gonna top that? Smoke some weed?? :D
Wouldn't that be special...:rolleyes:
yes it would be :)

Be like Mike!

0205Phelps.jpg

:D

Last edited:

RBS 6 Nations - live matches where?

Unique Quirks/Coincidences in Sports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)