2010 Winter Olympics

OK....NOW I am watching...albeit only the last 3 minutes....US vs. Canada. Not a great hockey fan but ANYTIME it's Team USA vs. Team Canada....you HAVE to watch.

4-3 Team USA with 3:00 and USA trying to kill a penalty....?

Hey LOOK AT THAT....BOTH teams REALLY battled and REALLY fought hard....and BOTH benches cleared.....to shake hands! Hmmmm......INCLUDING the losing team....how about that....:cool:;)

I watched the entire game in standard def on MSNBC(I have D*). After the game is over,I change to NBC.....& low & behold the hockey game is(actually was) on NBC.......IN HD!!!!!!! What the crap??????
Anyway,go Team USA!!!!!!!

Great win for USA. If the Canadians weren't feeling the pressure yet the will now.

Bode Miller takes the gold in the Super Combined race, maybe the toughest race to win. Nice job.

Hey LOOK AT THAT....BOTH teams REALLY battled and REALLY fought hard....and BOTH benches cleared.....to shake hands! Hmmmm......INCLUDING the losing team....how about that....:cool:;)

Actually, with all of it's criticisms, the traditions of the NHL beat every other league by a mile. The handshake at the end of a playoff series is one of the greatest NHL traditions of them all, and it happens in Olympic hockey as well.

Sandra

Actually, with all of it's criticisms, the traditions of the NHL beat every other league by a mile. The handshake at the end of a playoff series is one of the greatest NHL traditions of them all, and it happens in Olympic hockey as well.

Sandra
They shake hands in other sports, just not that of the other team. :p

They shake hands in other sports, just not that of the other team. :p

LMAO!!!! BINGO!!!!:up

But hey, watch out....people think it's PC to do it!;)

It was great to see and I LOVE that part. There is a chance 2 guys might have duked it out during the game....but they still shake hands. They may not WANT to do it....but it DOES show true sportmanship after a hotly contested "battle"..:up

LMAO!!!! BINGO!!!!:up

But hey, watch out....people think it's PC to do it!;)

It was great to see and I LOVE that part. There is a chance 2 guys might have duked it out during the game....but they still shake hands. They may not WANT to do it....but it DOES show true sportmanship after a hotly contested "battle"..:up

Not sure if you understood DodgerKing's post...or perhaps I don't. Seems to me you two are saying two different things.

Sandra

LeBron isn't playing in the Winter Olympics. Let's leave the LeBron bashing to the appropriate thread.

PS, USA... USA.... USA!!!! :) (and when will Canada grow the stones to pull Brodeur for Luongo already?!)

LeBron isn't playing in the Winter Olympics. Let's leave the LeBron bashing to the appropriate thread.

PS, USA... USA.... USA!!!! :) (and when will Canada grow the stones to pull Brodeur for Luongo already?!)

Luongo will almost certainly play the rest of the way for Canada.

Sandra

I didn't mention Lebron.....just mentioned how great it was to see guys shaking hands....:rolleyes:

I didn't mention Lebron.....just mentioned how great it was to see guys shaking hands....:rolleyes:

Oh please. We all know who you were referring to. You call everyone else out for having "agenda's" against your precious Tiger Woods. Not letting the handshake thing go suggests, YOU my friend have an "agenda" against The King! :cool: :eek: :D

Oh please. We all know who you were referring to. You call everyone else out for having "agenda's" against your precious Tiger Woods. Not letting the handshake thing go suggests, YOU my friend have an "agenda" against The King! :cool: :eek: :D

I have no agenda against the "King". This is the Olympic thread....

....how 'bout Team USA?! :D The ONLY problem now....all this clean sweep in round one has done is give them a bye. NOW it's single elimination....

I have no agenda against the "King". This is the Olympic thread....

....how 'bout Team USA?! :D The ONLY problem now....all this clean sweep in round one has done is give them a bye. NOW it's single elimination....

Well, there's a little more to it than that.

The US does get an extra day of rest, but more importantly as the number 1 seed overall, they play the winner of #8 Switzerland - #9 Belarus in the quarterfinal round.

As the #6 seed, Canada has to play Germany, and then they play #3 Russia the next day. Much more difficult.

Canada is also in the same bracket as #2 Sweden, while if the US advances they play either #4 Finland or #5 Czech Republic.

Of course it's one game elimination so anything is possible, but Canada has a very difficult road to Gold.

Sandra

The first "Miracle" on ice in 1960 consisted of a national amatuer team. The best college that that year had beaten them (and the Russians) in exhibition games. They also were the first college team to recruit lotsa Canadians. University of Denver. I was going to school there and they were truly amazing. One goalie in the conference wore a face mask and no one wore helmets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)