2010 Winter Olympics

USA Hockey on to the Gold

USA Hockey Men leading 6-0 after 1 as well as after 2.
They will be moving on to play in the Gold Medal game against Canada provided Canada holds up thier end of the bargain tonight.

IF Canada Wins against the USA for the Gold, will they be able to play another game to break the 1-1 game deadlock ?

I know they won't, but that would make a 3 game playoff for them instead of the winner of the second game wins it all.

I think Sandras mad because I said "when Canada wins the gold in mens hockey on Sunday" :D

No, not at all. Would be nice for the US to win, but if they don't no big deal. Canada would be my second choice anyway.

But mostly, I'm looking forward to the NHL resuming again next week. Hopefully this is the last time the NHL takes an Olympic hiatus. I don't like it.

Wouldn't even have minded if the US lost today, to give Callahan and Drury two days rest.

Sandra

No, not at all. Would be nice for the US to win, but if they don't no big deal. Canada would be my second choice anyway.

But mostly, I'm looking forward to the NHL resuming again next week. Hopefully this is the last time the NHL takes an Olympic hiatus. I don't like it.

Wouldn't even have minded if the US lost today, to give Callahan and Drury two days rest.

Sandra

Actually,the Olympics give the NHL a lot of publicity for their players & team. NBC already said that they are going to show the Gold Medal game live in ALL time zones on NBC. If the USA & Canada play in the Gold Medal game,there will be a lot of viewers in the US & Canada. For the US,that should carry over into more interest for the NHL the rest of the season. The hiatus may seem bad,but it does give publicity to the NHL's players. It might even help drum up more interest in the deep south for teams like the Thrashers & Predators(I think the Hurricanes already have a solid fan base).

Actually,the Olympics give the NHL a lot of publicity for their players & team. NBC already said that they are going to show the Gold Medal game live in ALL time zones on NBC. If the USA & Canada play in the Gold Medal game,there will be a lot of viewers in the US & Canada. For the US,that should carry over into more interest for the NHL the rest of the season. The hiatus may seem bad,but it does give publicity to the NHL's players. It might even help drum up more interest in the deep south for teams like the Thrashers & Predators(I think the Hurricanes already have a solid fan base).

There are positives to be sure...but no NHL for two and a half weeks in February just isn't right. We're missing tons of NHL games for 3-4 good Olympic games.

Sandra

There are positives to be sure...but no NHL for two and a half weeks in February just isn't right. We're missing tons of NHL games for 3-4 good Olympic games.

Sandra

We could strongly advocate having the Winter Olympics south of the equator in countries like Chile or New Zealand(I'm not sure what Argentina has as far as winter facilities go). Then they'd have to hold the Winter Olympics in August,since that's when their winter is.

We could strongly advocate having the Winter Olympics south of the equator in countries like Chile or New Zealand(I'm not sure what Argentina has as far as winter facilities go). Then they'd have to hold the Winter Olympics in August,since that's when their winter is.

There are a number of reasons why this cannot work and will not happen.

Sandra

There are a number of reasons why this cannot work and will not happen.

Sandra

Actually,Chile opted out of applying for the next Winter Olympics up for bid. Out of all the nations south of the equator,Chile would have the strongest case for hosting them if the games were awarded to them. I watch TVN Chile regularly,& you'd be surprised how modern that nation is. You could compare Chile to almost any Western European nation. I also heard that a lot of the American skiers go to Chile to train during our summer.

Anyway,I'm totally enthralled right now in the gold medal game between the Canadian women & Swedish women in............ CURLING. It's so riveting.

That 1st period today was unreal. 6 goals! The Finnish goalie pulled himself after the 4th goal. How funny. :haha

USA Hockey Men leading 6-0 after 1 as well as after 2.
They will be moving on to play in the Gold Medal game against Canada provided Canada holds up thier end of the bargain tonight.

IF Canada Wins against the USA for the Gold, will they be able to play another game to break the 1-1 game deadlock ?

I know they won't, but that would make a 3 game playoff for them instead of the winner of the second game wins it all.
I just finished watching the game...it was difficult avoiding the headlines, but I did it. Nice game! I can hardly wait for the Gold Medal game.

Cheryl Bernard couldn't pull off the big shot when she needed it most in the 10th, and then the 11th. Oh well, silver for the women in curling.

Hopefully Martin will beat the Norwegian pants tomorrow.

Canada nearly spit the bit at the end versus Slovakia. But we get the matchup everyone wants.

USA vs Canada for the gold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)