2011-12 NFL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
SabresRule said:
America's Quarterback does it again!

As for Pittsburgh- not going for the FG late in regulation was a stupid decision.

It would of been 67 yards.

Good win by the broncos.

SabresRule said:

As for Pittsburgh- not going for the FG late in regulation was a stupid decision.

Could've given it a shot, but it would've still been a 60+ yarder. Hard to make, even in Denver...like Cy said. ;)

Broncs earned it. Gonna need Tebow to ask for a miracle next week though, but you never know. Will be fun.

Steelers couldn't finish the last drive, they didn't deserve to win, they had a chance but the O line couldn't keep Ben from hitting the ground.

Anyway,the Patriots' defense is nowhere near the calibre of the Steelers(or the Ravens). If Tim Tebow can play as good as he did today & not make the mistakes that he & the Broncos made the last time they played the Patriots,I can see them giving the Patriots a very hard time.

Neither are FGs when you have to drive 60 yards to get within a decent distance.
Another example that shows rule changes don't make everyone happy.

This change was supposed to counter the good kickoff return, 2 first down, 50 yard FG to win the game. If a team scores a TD, even if it is on the first play of OT, the game probably should be over. A pick-six would mean game over too. I think this change makes the OT format better...

My Dad and I were sitting here watching that and thought they would try a FG as well, seeing there would be NO time on the clock, you didn't have to worry about a miss.

I would have liked to see it at least in the thin air in Denver, ANYONE has a shot.

Next week is going to be an epic rematch. This time the game means something and the Broncos coming in with a LOT of confidence.

Our father who art in Denver...

That was a beautiful end to a game. God was busy getting ready for Christmas when the Broncos played New England. That's done, and he is in Tebow mode again, so bring it on! :D :D

royrdsjr said:
That's John 3:16.

I have now seen everything. LOL!

But as I stated before, it seemed like everything was gonna line-up for them.. Ben hurt, Mendehall out due to season ending injury, best tackler, could not play due to decease that high altitude almost killed him the last time he played in Denver...

..and now Tebow throws for "316". You can't make...stuff like this up. LMAO!

America's Quarterback does it again?? Uh, ok. I would've tried a late field goal myself.

TEBOW FOR MVP!!!!

Interesting note.. Tebow threw for the MOST yards of ANY QB against the Steelers this year... Yes that Tebow..

I dont think Tebow gets MVP. How about Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees? I know everything revolve around Tebow now. I was thinking lets make Tebow America's Quarterback, MVP of the League, hell lets make him MVP of the Super Bowl even if the Broncos dont make it. Even better, lets rename the Vince Lombardi Trophy, the Tim Tebow Trophy. Ugh, enough already, geez.

You know who I really feel bad for are the Texans, Saints and Giants. Because from about now until maybe Thursday, you will never even think there playing next weekend because it will be about Tebow.

Stupid decision? Seriously?

How many 68 yard FG have you seen (thin air or not)?

Ways the game could have ended at the end of regulation:

1. Hail Mary TD- Steelers win
2. Broncos block longgggg FG attempt and retrn it for TD- Broncos win

3. Roethlisberger sacked and stipped, Broncos return it for TD- Broncos win

4. Tebow changes the scoreboard through divine intervention- Broncos win

5. Steelers kick a 68 yard FG- Steelers win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)