2011-12 NFL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
BobMurdoch said:
It enabled the Pats to get an idea of their opponents' game plan by seeing how they practiced, in order to some up with a counter play to nullify either the offense or defense.

We had the same problem here near Giants Stadium a few years back. It turned out that the hotel rooms on one side of the nearby Sheraton had a perfect vantage point to view the Giants practice sessions. Several teams were accused of spying just like the Pats did. The Giants countered by moving to a practice field under a big pillow shaped enclosure to keep out unfriendly eyes.

Bottom line, it is cheating. You can study game film all you like, but looking at your opponents practices as they gear up for YOUR team isn't cool. It just comes off as unsportsmanlike. Belichick's trademark shrug at getting caught didn't help. For him football is war, and you take any advantage you can get. Even in war though, there are rules. And if you get caught, you get punished or invite reprisals of an equal or greater intensity.

This post is BS. Matt Walsh and John Tomase lied about taping practices.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Why in the world are we debating a topic that has already been beaten to a pulp????? geez some people can't move on in their lives........:no

BobMurdoch's comment is absolutely false.

I disagree. They were told not to do it, but they did it anyway. THIS is what pisses me off to no end, because it gives the haters ammunition. And you know as well as I do, the Pats would have been just fine without this. ;)

However, the "I told you so, the Pats can't win without cheating" isn't even worthy a response because it's such BS! :rolleyes:

I agree with Stevo, this shouldn't be rehashed again. Time to move on. :)

This post is BS. Matt Walsh and John Tomase lied about taping practices.

Yup. Matt Walsh said he had all of these tapes but he didn't . He asked for immunity from prosecution because he was fired for secretly taping conversations which is illegal in the state where it happened. He also lied about having a confidentiality agreement.

BillD1984 said:
I disagree. They were told not to do it, but they did it anyway. THIS is what pisses me off to no end, because it gives the haters ammunition. And you know as well as I do, the Pats would have been just fine without this. ;)

However, the "I told you so, the Pats can't win without cheating" isn't even worthy a response because it's such BS! :rolleyes:

I agree with Stevo, this shouldn't be rehashed again. Time to move on. :)

I meant the taping the practices part.

Because the coach cheated and the commissioner swept it under the rug by burning the tapes.

This from Roger Goodell
"The reason I destroyed the tapes is they were totally consistent with what the team told me," Goodell said during his State of the NFL speech. "It was the appropriate thing to do and I think it sent a message.

"The actual effectiveness of taping and taking of signals from opponentsit is something done widely in many sports. I think it probably had limited, if any effect, on the outcome of games.

They destroyed six tapes. Most from 2006. One from a pregame in 2007
Roger made it clear he's convinced the Patriots have acted in good faith since the taping was discovered.

And I believe Matt Walsh didn't turn over any tapes that he said he had. I might be wrong about that .

Last edited:
televisionarchives said:
This from Roger Goodell
"The reason I destroyed the tapes is they were totally consistent with what the team told me," Goodell said during his State of the NFL speech. "It was the appropriate thing to do and I think it sent a message.

"The actual effectiveness of taping and taking of signals from opponentsit is something done widely in many sports. I think it probably had limited, if any effect, on the outcome of games.

They destroyed six tapes. Most from 2006. One from a pregame in 2007
Roger made it clear he's convinced the Patriots have acted in good faith since the taping was discovered.

And I believe Matt Walsh didn't turn over any tapes that he said he had. I might be wrong about that .

Not that he would or that the patriots actually cheated but Like he's going to say we don't want no evidence that proves the patriots cheated to win three superbowls.

Last edited:
About the Brandon Jacobs comment. If Jacobs was always quiet, never said anything and then he made the comments about Gisele, would you give him a pass? Or because Jacobs always shoots his mouth off, thats why people say he should keep his mouth shut.

cybok0 said:
Not that he would or that the patriots actually cheated but Like he's going to say we don't want no evidence that proves the patriots cheated to win three superbowls.

Your fanbase and players are the biggest whiners in the league.

Everyone on this board is respectful, except for you Steelers fans. The commissioner is against you, the refs are against you, woe is us poor Steelers fans.

I don't believe the head of the NFL would be involved in covering it up. But let's say the Patriots did use the video to win games. That theory alone is flawed. You can look at the plays being called with the naked eye. Every game and every year they change the way they call plays. Every team does. You can have your own coaches looking at the plays being called from a much higher viewer and a better view with binoculars. Video tape is useless for live game calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)