2011-12 NFL Playoffs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
'The media' is not the issue. JACOBS is the one who said it, not the media. If he doesn't say it, the media cannot report it.

This is all on Jabobs. Stop saying stupid things, and the media will stop reporting the stupid things you say.

Sandra

You mean if Giselle does not saying... then Jacobs does not say something equally ill timed.

I understand you are sticking up for the girl... but in the end, knowing how the media will pounce... she should have known better. Brady certainly knew better than to respond. She should have followed her husband's lead.

You mean if Giselle does not saying... then Jacobs does not say something equally ill timed.

I understand you are sticking up for the girl... but in the end, knowing how the media will pounce... she should have known better. Brady certainly knew better than to respond. She should have followed her husband's lead.

I am doing nothing of the kind. I do not care about the girl and I am not defending her. What she said was silly, and I'm sure Brady wishes she didn't say it...and if he gets his way, she'll never say anything like that again.

I'm talking about Jacobs constantly saying something, and it's especially disturbing when he rubs it in after a big victory. Today it's Giselle, yesterday it was something else, and tomorrow it will be something else too.

Enough, Jacobs. Stop being a jerk. Learn how to win with class for a change.

Sandra

I am doing nothing of the kind. I do not care about the girl and I am not defending her. What she said was silly, and I'm sure Brady wishes she didn't say it...and if he gets his way, she'll never say anything like that again.

I'm talking about Jacobs constantly saying something, and it's especially disturbing when he rubs it in after a big victory. Today it's Giselle, yesterday it was something else, and tomorrow it will be something else too.

Enough, Jacobs. Stop being a jerk. Learn how to win with class for a change.

Sandra

No won denies he is a jerk, but you think he would have said ANYTHING if she does not say anything? I don't.

Spy boys lost again.. to an 8-8 team wow. No further comment.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

However, their last two teams they beat to get to the Super Bowl won a combined 28 games. I think they solved their midseason injury issues since the 4 game losing streak (The second skins loss was a fluke as they looked past them... the same thing we did against the seahawks). And NEVER hand Eli the ball with 4 minutes to go and a potential lead if he gets in the endzone. Only time he didn't all season when faced with that opportunity was against the Niners during the regular season, when he just came up short against a brutal defense.

The spygate stuff is one of the stupidest things to bring up. They were a drive away from winning the Super Bowl, it's not like they've gone 3-13 every regular season since.

Multiple playoff berths, division and conference championships... and 2 Super Bowl appearances, yeah sure they've really been set back by spygate. :rolleyes:

You can "stand by your man" behind closed doors. No need to throw the team under the bus in front of the press. She's a public figure just as much as Brady. She should've known better.

The reporters are trying to create controversy to sell papers. Having a hot bikini shot to go with the quote is just a bonus. She never should have said what she did AND Jacobs should not have taken the bait (Watch Eli and Coughlin for lessons on how to deflect quote grenade questions).

I have been disappointed by a lot of the gloating that the Giants have been doing. I'll cut them some slack due to the emotion of the moment, but they are losing a lot of the goodwill for those folks that were rooting for the underdog.

Meanwhile, Cruz is like Cuba Gooding Jr. after winning the oscar... He can't believe he's even allowed in the room. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

The spygate stuff is one of the stupidest things to bring up. They were a drive away from winning the Super Bowl, it's not like they've gone 3-13 every regular season since.

I have challenged many who use spygate to trash the Patriots. And nobody can ever answer this question. If they did use video to win games, explain how they did. Nobody can. How does a team win so many games after the video taping stopped? If they needed it to win then they shouldn't have won without it. But they continued to win. Just because they didn't win the Super Bowl doesn't prove a thing. When the other team wins or loses by 3 or 4 points the game could have gone either way. That can also be said about the 3 Superbowl wins by the Patriots. You need to prove that they used it for games. I really don't understand why they did it in the first place. You go in during half time and look at the signal? Why? You can look at the signal calling in real time during the game . Don't get me wrong. The NFL put out a warning and the Patriots didn't follow the rules.

"The offense was good with the aid of Spygate, but has been through the roof without it.

The whole point of the scandal was that taping defensive signals gave the Patriots' offense an unfair advantage, but they have gotten even better since they lost that advantage."

Check out these two stories http://www.nesn.com/2011/09/eric-mangini-regrets-spygate-scandal-against-
bill-belichick-says-intention-was-never-to-hurt-him-or-.html

and New England Patriots' Continued Success Makes Spygate a Moot Point | Bleacher Report

Last edited:
No won denies he is a jerk, but you think he would have said ANYTHING if she does not say anything? I don't.

Jacobs has already said numerous stupid things after numerous games that had nothing to do with Giselle. Way too often he's either gloating about a win, rubbing it in the other team's face, taunting, complaining about his role on the Giants, whining about the fans, or just being a plain jerk.

Sandra

It enabled the Pats to get an idea of their opponents' game plan by seeing how they practiced, in order to some up with a counter play to nullify either the offense or defense.

We had the same problem here near Giants Stadium a few years back. It turned out that the hotel rooms on one side of the nearby Sheraton had a perfect vantage point to view the Giants practice sessions. Several teams were accused of spying just like the Pats did. The Giants countered by moving to a practice field under a big pillow shaped enclosure to keep out unfriendly eyes.

Bottom line, it is cheating. You can study game film all you like, but looking at your opponents practices as they gear up for YOUR team isn't cool. It just comes off as unsportsmanlike. Belichick's trademark shrug at getting caught didn't help. For him football is war, and you take any advantage you can get. Even in war though, there are rules. And if you get caught, you get punished or invite reprisals of an equal or greater intensity.

Jacobs has already said numerous stupid things after numerous games that had nothing to do with Giselle. Way too often he's either gloating about a win, rubbing it in the other team's face, taunting, complaining about his role on the Giants, whining about the fans, or just being a plain jerk.

Sandra

I can't disagree with any of that. I wish he would just shut up and run forward.... His mouth may make this his last year with us, we'll see..... If we draft a RB in the first round, you'll have your answer.

It enabled the Pats to get an idea of their opponents' game plan by seeing how they practiced, in order to some up with a counter play to nullify either the offense or defense.

They video taped during the game, not during practice. And again taping didn't help them at all during the game. And during a game coaches know they're being watched by the other side.
In the Words of Bill Parcel," If you don't expect to have your signals stolen, then you're stupid."
Mark Walsh said he had tape of the Rams practice but he never provided it. Walsh was then told he had to say he never had such a tape because the Patriots demanded it . He lied.

Last edited:
Another fact about Spygate. Fox NFL Sunday showed the tape of the Patriots filming . You see someone from the Jets waving to the Camera so they knew someone was taping them. Jimmy Johnson said after the taping., “This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. I tried it, but I didn’t think it helped us.” Johnson also said, “Bill Belichick was wrong because he videotaped signals after a memo was sent out to all of the teams saying not to do it. But what irritates me is hearing some reactions from players and coaches. These players don’t know what their coaches are doing. And some of the coaches have selective amnesia because I know for a fact there were various teams doing this. That’s why the memo was sent to everybody. That doesn’t make [Belichick] right, but a lot of teams are doing this.”

If this ever went to court(someone did try it ) the Patriots would win if the party suing had to prove that the video taping effected the outcome of games.

Since the end of spygate the Pats have been 68-19 .

Last edited:

Multiple playoff berths, division and conference championships... and 2 Super Bowl appearances, yeah sure they've really been set back by spygate. :rolleyes:

I have challenged many who use spygate to trash the Patriots. And nobody can ever answer this question. If they did use video to win games, explain how they did. Nobody can. How does a team win so many games after the video taping stopped? If they needed it to win then they shouldn't have won without it. But they continued to win. Just because they didn't win the Super Bowl doesn't prove a thing. When the other team wins or loses by 3 or 4 points the game could have gone either way. That can also be said about the 3 Superbowl wins by the Patriots. You need to prove that they used it for games. I really don't understand why they did it in the first place. You go in during half time and look at the signal? Why? You can look at the signal calling in real time during the game . Don't get me wrong. The NFL put out a warning and the Patriots didn't follow the rules.

"The offense was good with the aid of Spygate, but has been through the roof without it.

The whole point of the scandal was that taping defensive signals gave the Patriots' offense an unfair advantage, but they have gotten even better since they lost that advantage."

Check out these two stories http://www.nesn.com/2011/09/eric-mangini-regrets-spygate-scandal-against-
bill-belichick-says-intention-was-never-to-hurt-him-or-.html

and New England Patriots' Continued Success Makes Spygate a Moot Point | Bleacher Report

We had the same problem here near Giants Stadium a few years back. It turned out that the hotel rooms on one side of the nearby Sheraton had a perfect vantage point to view the Giants practice sessions. Several teams were accused of spying just like the Pats did. The Giants countered by moving to a practice field under a big pillow shaped enclosure to keep out unfriendly eyes.

Bottom line, it is cheating. You can study game film all you like, but looking at your opponents practices as they gear up for YOUR team isn't cool. It just comes off as unsportsmanlike. Belichick's trademark shrug at getting caught didn't help. For him football is war, and you take any advantage you can get. Even in war though, there are rules. And if you get caught, you get punished or invite reprisals of an equal or greater intensity.

IMO, ALL three of these posts are right on!!

They video taped during the game, not during practice. And again taping didn't help them at all during the game. And during a game coaches know they're being watched by the other side.
In the Words of Bill Parcel," If you don't expect to have your signals stolen, then you're stupid."
Mark Walsh said he had tape of the Rams practice but he never provided it. Walsh was then told he had to say he never had such a tape because the Patriots demanded it . He lied

Another fact about Spygate. Fox NFL Sunday showed the tape of the Patriots filming . You see someone from the Jets waving to the Camera so they knew someone was taping them. Jimmy Johnson said after the taping., “This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. I tried it, but I didn’t think it helped us.” Johnson also said, “Bill Belichick was wrong because he videotaped signals after a memo was sent out to all of the teams saying not to do it. But what irritates me is hearing some reactions from players and coaches. These players don’t know what their coaches are doing. And some of the coaches have selective amnesia because I know for a fact there were various teams doing this. That’s why the memo was sent to everybody. That doesn’t make [Belichick] right, but a lot of teams are doing this.”

If this ever went to court(someone did try it ) the Patriots would win if the party suing had to prove that the video taping effected the outcome of games.

Since the end of spygate the Pats have been 68-19 .

Not sure why all of this has to be rehashed and redebated.

Not sure why all of this has to be rehashed and redebated.
Because many Football fans including Giant fans bring it up . They continue to say that the Super bowls won by the Patriots wouldn't have happened without video taping. It's so ridiculous is laughable. I really think the New York Media stirred most of it up when it happened. CBS did an interview with Bill Belichick after the whole event was over and edited the video to make him look bad. If you watch the uncut video that CBS put up on the internet you see his side but if you watched the CBS Evening News version it gave a much different impression.

If the Patriots really wanted to use someone to steal signals during a game they wouldn't have had a employee in plain site on the sidelines taping. They would have put him in the stands or use someone up in the coaches box. The Pats broke a rule that is a fact but it didn't effect any game .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts