2011-12 NFL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats now have the dubious distinction of being in a four way tie for most all-time Super Bowl losses.

Patriots 3-4
Broncos 2-4
Bills 0-4
Vikings 0-4

Technically, I think they got the rule wrong, the penalty is one that happens Before the snap, therefore the clock should be reset.
I would expect the NFL to change this rule to make it that way.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

You don't reset the clock during an offsides (unless play is blown dead to protect the QB or it's encroachment). Rules for 12 men are similar. Offense can accept/decline the penalty, the effect is the same as a free (45 sec) timeout either way.

The play still happens, the clock will run every time but stops when whistle is blown.

The Pats now have the dubious distinction of being in a four way tie for most all-time Super Bowl losses.

Patriots 3-4
Broncos 2-4
Bills 0-4
Vikings 0-4

Yeah, thats true but you know you guys won 3 Super Bowls. Look at the Broncos. I dont think anyone talks about there losses anymore, yet they talk about "The Hellicopter Play" all the time. It could be worse. You could be the Bills and the Vikings.

So apparently "Bradying" is a thing. Do you "Like" it?

406399_10150513664521536_39606211535_9196983_431979094_n.jpg

You don't reset the clock during an offsides (unless play is blown dead to protect the QB or it's encroachment). Rules for 12 men are similar. Offense can accept/decline the penalty, the effect is the same as a free (45 sec) timeout either way.

The play still happens, the clock will run every time but stops when whistle is blown.

They would for a false start, I guess they would for any Offensive penalty before the play, they would have to let the Defensive one go ....

I see what happened ...

The Giants are 4-0 in Super Bowls when Bill Belichick is on the sidelines.

Makes you wonder (just kidding of course) :)

But that reminds me, I read that the guy that won $50,000 on the prop bet for the first score being a safety, wants to donate $5,000 to the charity of Tom Brady's choice.

Slippery slope if you ask me. :eek:

Makes you wonder (just kidding of course) :)

But that reminds me, I read that the guy that won $50,000 on the prop bet for the first score being a safety, wants to donate $5,000 to the charity of Tom Brady's choice.

Slippery slope if you ask me. :eek:

I read that too. He's looking for Tom to match it.

Any comments about Gisele Bundchen standing by her man? First off,her comment was a spontaneous reaction to a Giants fan saying that Eli Manning owns her husband,& if the camera wasn't there to record it,NOBODY would have known what she said. I don't fault her for what she said,it's not like she chased the press down to give them her opinion,& FWIW,she seems to have an excellent understanding of what was going on on the field of the Super Bowl. Certainly not an "airhead" model without a clue,the Patriots receivers were indeed dropping passes. Besides,how many of you would want a Gisele Bundchen having YOUR back:)? All the people knocking Gisele right now are either jealous of her,or of Tom Brady having her(& I'm not even a Patriots fan saying this). Thumbs up to Gisele for "getting it right" AND standing by her man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)