2011-12 NFL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I really expect from the Denver game is for Ben to be hit enough times that Baltimore won't have much of a problem with their third meeting with Pittsburgh as long as they can be reasonably productive on defense. If Denver is able to do anything in their game it will be pressure and hit Ben.

The only thing I really expect from the Denver game is for Ben to be hit enough times that Baltimore won't have much of a problem with their third meeting with Pittsburgh as long as they can be reasonably productive on defense. If Denver is able to do anything in their game it will be pressure and hit Ben.

That's assuming Cincinnati beats Houston..........which I think they will

Worst Regular Season Point Differential Of Playoff Teams Since 1978:

2010 Seahawks (-97)...... Won Wildcard Game
2011 Broncos (-81)...... Play Sunday
2004 Rams (-73)...... Won Wildcard Game
1989 Steelers (-61)...... Won Wildcard Game
1998 Cradinals (-53)...... Won Wildcard Game
1978 Falcons (-50)...... Won Wildcard Game

Worst Regular Season Point Differential Of Playoff Teams Since 1978:

2010 Seahawks (-97)...... Won Wildcard Game
2011 Broncos (-81)...... Play Sunday
2004 Rams (-73)...... Won Wildcard Game
1989 Steelers (-61)...... Won Wildcard Game
1998 Cradinals (-53)...... Won Wildcard Game
1978 Falcons (-50)...... Won Wildcard Game

Very interesting stat. I'm surprised that the '78 Falcons are on that list. I remember that era Falcons team as very solid led by Steve Bartkowski. Incidentally, that '78 Wild Card game that the Falcons won (I believe over the Eagles), was the first EVER Wild Card game.

All time postseason records for this years playoff field:

Steelers.................33-20
Packers..................29-16
49ers....................25-17
Patriots.................21-15
Giants..................20-24
Broncos...............17-15
Ravens..................9-6
Lions....................7-10
Falcons.................6-10
Saints...................5-7
Bengals.................5-9
Texans..................0-0

The Steelers need one win to become the all time postseason win leader (they are currently tied with the Cowboys at 33 wins).

It's a shame the Texans seem to have so little hope after finally making the playoffs. Injuries hit them at a bad time and their next guys up just aren't getting it done.

It's a shame the Texans seem to have so little hope after finally making the playoffs. Injuries hit them at a bad time and their next guys up just aren't getting it done.

Wow, almost sounded like the Lions ...
They too have a slim chance at winning after a LONG drought in the playoffs.

Lions secondary has been filled with injuries thru the season, but theres a chance they may get a few of thier Starters BACK .... finally ... not gonna matter if the D line doesn't get pressure on Brees.

Yes, thats the VAUNTED Lions D Line , the one thats gone MISSING IN ACTION for the second half of the year.

You know that Lions/Saints game could be a shootout. I just think with the Texans qb out, Tyler Yates isnt going to get it done. Maybe Jake Delhomne because hes got a little more experience and almost won a Super Bowl.

You know that Lions/Saints game could be a shootout. I just think with the Texans qb out, Tyler Yates isnt going to get it done. Maybe Jake Delhomne because hes got a little more experience and almost won a Super Bowl.

I do expect the Lions game to be a shootout, hopefully ...
The Lions should be able to move the ball on the Saints, but the Saints have a better over all D and they have Sproles.

All time postseason records for this years playoff field:

Steelers.................33-20
Packers..................29-16
49ers....................25-17
Patriots.................21-15
Giants..................20-24
Broncos...............17-15
Ravens..................9-6
Lions....................7-10
Falcons.................6-10
Saints...................5-7
Bengals.................5-9
Texans..................0-0

The Steelers need one win to become the all time postseason win leader (they are currently tied with the Cowboys at 33 wins).

This list must be the Super Bowl era?

From csnbayarea.com:

Playoff teams' regular-season records vs. playoff-bound teams this past season:

Green Bay 6-0
Baltimore 6-0
New Orleans 5-1
San Francisco 4-1
Houston 3-2
Pittsburgh 3-4
New England 1-2
Denver 1-3
NY Giants 1-3
Atlanta 1-4
Detroit 1-5
Cincinnati 0-7

cosmo_kramer said:
From csnbayarea.com:

Green Bay 6-0
Baltimore 6-0
New Orleans 5-1
San Francisco 4-1
Houston 3-2
Pittsburgh 3-4
New England 1-2
Denver 1-3
NY Giants 1-3
Atlanta 1-4
Detroit 1-5
Cincinnati 0-7

Anybody care to post the playoff team's Superbowl records (Detroit not included of course)? I'm too lazy.

From csnbayarea.com:

Green Bay 6-0
Baltimore 6-0
New Orleans 5-1
San Francisco 4-1
Houston 3-2
Pittsburgh 3-4
New England 1-2
Denver 1-3
NY Giants 1-3
Atlanta 1-4
Detroit 1-5
Cincinnati 0-7

:eek: Ugh!

Wow, almost sounded like the Lions ...
They too have a slim chance at winning after a LONG drought in the playoffs.

Lions secondary has been filled with injuries thru the season, but theres a chance they may get a few of thier Starters BACK .... finally ... not gonna matter if the D line doesn't get pressure on Brees.

Yes, thats the VAUNTED Lions D Line , the one thats gone MISSING IN ACTION for the second half of the year.

I'm still predicting that Suh will be a big factor in the Lions' defense for this game. As for the offense, well we know that the Lions love to pass so that's obvious. If only injured reserve players can be returned to the active list for postseason games. You figure if RB Jahvid Best was ready to play and if he can be allowed to play, the Lions would have their running game back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts