2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'm glad the Jets did not sign Asomugha. That would be overkill, way too much money to spend on one position, when there are other needs to fill.

Personally I want to find out if Asomugha's actual ability lives up to his reputation. Philly will be a different world than Oakland, and as Rex Ryan always says....'we gonna find out'.

Also, after last year's holdout, there is no way on earth the Jets could pay Asomugha even one penny more than Revis. Should be a very interesting year in the NFC East.

From the Jets standpoint, I will REALLY miss Braylon Edwards.

Sandra

Interesting. So paying over a certain amount for one player, even if it is your franchise offense or defensive player is not worth it? And your other comment about "actual abilities lives up to us reputation"...do they play a different NFL in the AFC West than they do in the AFC East? Ask Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson, arguably the 2 best WR in the NFL, what Nnamdi did to them the last time they faced him...? There is no diference in Philly and Oakland because they both play in the NFL...it's not like one plays a division III schedule and one plays a division I schedule.

Interesting. So paying over a certain amount for one player, even if it is your franchise offense or defensive player is not worth it?

Depends. In a salary cap league it may not be a good idea to overpay in one position, where you already have Revis, when you still have needs in other areas. I thought I was pretty clear about my opinion there.

And your other comment about "actual abilities lives up to us reputation"...do they play a different NFL in the AFC West than they do in the AFC East? Ask Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson, arguably the 2 best WR in the NFL, what Nnamdi did to them the last time they faced him...? There is no diference in Philly and Oakland because they both play in the NFL...it's not like one plays a division III schedule and one plays a division I schedule.

Well, that's the beauty of sports, isn't it? We can debate it here all we like, but the good news is we can sit back and wait and see what happens in September when they start playing for keepsies.

We discussed a while ago some things that may or may not have made it easier for Asomugha to play corner for the Raiders. The guy has been in the league for eight years and has been first team All-Pro twice. Is that fair or unfair? The jury is out, and...

Now we gonna find out.

Sandra

Last edited:
The Eagles I am almost certain have played a harder schedule than the Raiders for probably his entire career by virtue of being a better team and being in a tougher division.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

What will you miss more: his butterfingers or his temper tantrums?

Yeah, I know he came here with a reputation for dropped passes in Cleveland, but like it or not Braylon Edwards REALLY came thru for the Jets last year, with a lot of big catches in a lot of big games. He will be missed.

Sandra

SandraC said:
Depends. In a salary cap league it may not be a good idea to overpay in one position, where you already have Revis, when you still have needs in other areas. I thought I was pretty clear about my opinion there.

But there are TWO corner positions...and not one. They could have been there up with the greatest corner tandem of all time, Raiders Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes.

SandraC said:
We discussed a while ago some things that may or may not have made it easier for Asomugha to play corner for the Raiders. The guy has been in the league for eight years and has been first team All-Pro twice. Is that fair or unfair? The jury is out, and...

Now we gonna find out.

Sandra

What is amazing to me is that most NFL analyst has agreed that Nnamdi is the best cover corner in the entire NFL and you are the only person that is in the "the jury is out" stage....

Even with his only 2 All-Pro selections, the opinion is still the same by THEIR standards....

You MUST know something others don't....

Please refresh my memory WHAT made things easier for him to play so well....

But there are TWO corner positions...and not one. They could have been there up with the greatest corner tandem of all time, Raiders Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes.

In the current salary cap NFL the Jets just can't afford two great corners. IMHO they're better off beefing up other positions instead.

What is amazing to me is that most NFL analyst has agreed that Nnamdi is the best cover corner in the entire NFL and you are the only person that is in the "the jury is out" stage....

Even with his only 2 All-Pro selections, the opinion is still the same by THEIR standards....

You MUST know something others don't....

Please refresh my memory WHAT made things easier for him to play so well....

Well, I do know that apparently analysts have only agreed twice in Asomugha's eight year NFL career that he was one of the two best corners in the league. Let's wait and see what happens this year.

Mad props to him if he can dominate in Philly...less so if he doesn't.

Sandra

meStevo said:
The Eagles I am almost certain have played a harder schedule than the Raiders for probably his entire career by virtue of being a better team and being in a tougher division.

If I am not mistaken, did they not get rid of tougher schedule for better records? Has he not played against standouts in every single division in his 8 years in the NFL?

SandraC said:
In the current salary cap NFL the Jets just can't afford two great corners. IMHO they're better off beefing up other positions instead.

In the current salary cap NFL, there is also plenty of creative accounting that ALL teams use to sign their free agents as well as others. But I can agree that by not signing him, you can address more needs.

SandraC said:
Well, I do know that apparently analysts have only agreed twice in Asomugha's eight year NFL career that he was one of the two best corners in the league. Let's wait and see what happens in Philly.

Sandra

Maybe he did not merit the All-Pro consideration do to the 'lack of activity on that side of the field'? Can you award it to a CB when they refuse to even throw to his side of the field?

Again, explain what made it easier for him to play corner....

Maybe he did not merit the All-Pro consideration do to the 'lack of activity on that side of the field'?

Maybe. Maybe not. This is a pointless argument as there is really no reason to debate this now, when the proof will be on the field beginning in less than five weeks, for all to see. The good news is that we have NFL football, so...we gonna find out.

Let's watch.

Sandra

If I am not mistaken, did they not get rid of tougher schedule for better records? Has he not played against standouts in every single division in his 8 years in the NFL?

A couple games of every teams schedule are determined by the place you finish in the division the previous season.

A couple games of every teams schedule are determined by the place you finish in the division the previous season.

Well and of course the biggest difference is that over the last eight years as a whole the NFC East has been a much tougher division than the AFC West. That's the biggest differences in the schedules between two divisions.

Sandra

Last edited:
SandraC said:
Well and of course the biggest difference is that over the last eight years as a whole the NFC East has been a much tougher division than the AFC West. That's the biggest differences in the schedules between two divisions.

Sandra

So there are 16 games in the season, 6 againt their division rivals....what about the other 10?

So there are 16 games in the season, 6 againt their division rivals....what about the other 10?

Since you're playing stupid, I'll post the scheduling procedure and get this over with.

• Each team plays home and away against its three division opponents, which accounts for six games on the schedule.

• Each team plays four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle, which accounts for four more games.

• Each team plays four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle, which accounts for another four games.

• Each team plays two intraconference games based on the prior year's standings. For example, the first-place team in a division will play against the first-place team from another division within the same conference. The second place team in a division will play against the second-place team from another division within the same conference, etc...

Tougher division, and routinely finishing better than the Raiders mean half of their schedule was likely tougher than Oakland saw every season. Pointless argument that you're trying to pursue. There's little room for arguing in Sandra's point.

I read yesterday that Zach Miller was all but a done deal to return to Oakland, he's visiting Seattle today instead.

Edit: Actually Twitter lighting up now with 'Seahawks intend to sign Zach Miller' reports, not sure that means he intends to sign anything yet' Saw on another forum that someone suggested the Raiders try and get Greg Olsen from the Bears.... someone hasn't been paying attention...

Last edited:
Since you're playing stupid, I'll post the scheduling procedure and get this over with.

Tougher division, and routinely finishing better than the Raiders mean half of their schedule was likely tougher than Oakland saw every season. Pointless argument that you're trying to pursue. There's little room for arguing in Sandra's point.

I read yesterday that Zach Miller was all but a done deal to return to Oakland, he's visiting Seattle today instead.

Edit: Actually Twitter lighting up now with 'Seahawks intend to sign Zach Miller' reports, not sure that means he intends to sign anything yet' Saw on another forum that someone suggested the Raiders try and get Greg Olsen from the Bears.... someone hasn't been paying attention...

Not playing stupid at all. I just thought they actually did get rid of that point of the schedule. My POINT is Nnamdi has been know by EVERYONE, except of course, Sandra, that is by most accounts, the best cover corner in the NFL. Stating that he had some kind of 'advantage in playing corner' for the Raiders. There is no advantage, in 8 years, he has just about played EVERYONE. And everyone has still said the same, 'best cover corner in the league'.

But thank you for the stupid comment....when you go to insulting, it brings out the blue in yours....just sparkles the entire room....

Not playing stupid at all. I just thought they actually did get rid of that point of the schedule. My POINT is Nnamdi has been know by EVERYONE, except of course, Sandra, that is by most accounts, the best cover corner in the NFL. Stating that he had some kind of 'advantage in playing corner' for the Raiders. There is no advantage, in 8 years, he has just about played EVERYONE. And everyone has still said the same, 'best cover corner in the league'.

But thank you for the stupid comment....when you go to insulting, it brings out the blue in yours....just sparkles the entire room....

You could have looked up up, just like I did, so yes you were 'playing stupid'.

The Raiders by virtue of bring bad and being in a weaker division had easier schedules for Aso's entire tenure there.

Doesn't make him a bad corner, but its a valid observation, feel free to do the math to prove otherwise.

Always the victim.............:river

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts