2011 AL Central Thread

Oh, while back in Detroit I noticed the fans were big into the wave this year. Of course, while sitting in the stands I recall thinking nothing compared to the wave in Tiger Stadium - everyone and everything was right on top of the playing field. I miss that old stadium like you wouldn't imagine.

Well, in Typical fashion, the Tigers blow a game they should have won while the Indians lose....
Tigers just can't win when they have the opportunity to gain ground, it's no wonder that division is this close. :rolleyes:

Tigers Brandon Inge has been designated for assignment.
If he clears waivers he will go down to Toledo to see if he can work his way back.
He accepted the assignment, clearly wants to go down and get it figured out, clearly his offense needed help and Toledo has been a place to find your batting stroke for a lot of Tigers players from time to time.

A tad surprised he accepted, looks like he wants to Stay with the tigers. Thought he may want to move on for a fresh

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

For the second straight game, we had a lifetime infielder play the outfield. This may work in co-ed softball, but in the bigs, it is completely insane! For the second consecutive day, with the game on the line, Luis Valbuena cost us the game by missplaying a ball hit to him. Ugh!!!!!!!

Twins only 5 games out :)

now hopefully Chicago and Cleveland beat the hell out of each other this weekend and the Twins can do something :)

Saturday's game on Big Fox
Sunday's game is a 3:05 start (was 1:05)...due to Bert's induction ;)

It's an upgrade at 3B IMO.

Well, it's definitely an upgrade at the plate ... It will be interesting to see how he does defensivly.
I'm curious to see if he and future 3B's from them are compared to Inge for his glove or not and see if they announcers make mention each time someone doesn't get the shot hit to 3rd.

Inge is a good fielder, but he certainly isn't a great player at that position. I've always thought he was given too much credit for his fielding ability. Just as long Betemit doesn't boot one nightly, his bat should more than make-up for all of Inge's strikeout with runners in scoring position and hitting into rally-killing doubleplays. Still, I like Inge, hope he does well and returns to the team shortly...but we cannot afford to keep him in the lineup until he significantly improves his hitting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)