2011 AL Central Thread

Twins win 7-2. Hearing rumors about trading Span to the Nats for a pitcher. They must be pretty happy with Ben Revere in center.

Indians close to deal for Cubs OF Kosuke Fukudome.

Cleveland gets the player and the Cubs get to pay 85% of his salary for the remainder of the season. Not a bad deal for Cleveland. The question is will this .260 hitter with limited power be able to help the Indians down the stretch? Offhand, I don't see how he can hurt since the Indians have been plagued by injuries and Fukudome is a competent, albeit overpaid, outfielder. But we shall see...

riffjim4069 said:
Cleveland gets the player and the Cubs get to pay 85% of his salary for the remainder of the season. Not a bad deal for Cleveland. The question is will this .260 hitter with limited power be able to help the Indians down the stretch? Offhand, I don't see how he can hurt since the Indians have been plagued by injuries and Fukudome is a competent, albeit overpaid, outfielder. But we shall see...

I'd imagine Fuku's primary value will be as an outfielder until Sizemore and Choo make it back from the DL.

You're right though, we could've used someone with some pop in their bat to jolt this slumping offense.

Still gonna be 3 out when the nights done ....
Keep'in the pressure on though.

Hopefully be in 2nd by the first of August. Playing much better since the 11-22 start, especially considering that it's basically without a DH. .165 avg from Dunn not much better than most NL teams get from their pitcher.

For those that are having baseball withdrawls...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)