2011 AL Central Thread

Tiger's on a serious roll right now. Starting pitching has been tremendous, and now the hitting has found itself. Starting rotation leads the AL in quality starts. Even through the 7 game misstep the rotation managed 5 QS's, which makes that losing streak even more puzzling.

During the losing streak, the bats were NOT helping.

So , maybe they should have just CANCELLED that week of the season :D

Well, we would have been in first place. Eventually we will be. While I like the Tribe's youth movement, well, it is youth, and the rigors of 162 games will catch up with the lack of experience there.

GO TIGERS!!!

I had a long list of To-Do items today, but it's raining so I'm just sitting on my arse recovering from bronchitis or some other nonsense. Anyway, since the TPC Sawgrass has been rain delayed all afternoon, I noticed the Tigers are scheduled to play this afternoon on MLB Network. Unfortunately, I'm being served regional game coverage between Cincinnati and St. Louis. Ugh!

Anyway, I see the Tigers are off to a good start... :)

riffjim4069 said:
I had a long list of To-Do items today, but it's raining so I'm just sitting on my arse recovering from bronchitis or some other nonsense. Anyway, since the TPC Sawgrass has been rain delayed all afternoon, I noticed the Tigers are scheduled to play this afternoon on MLB Network. Unfortunately, I'm being served regional game coverage between Cincinnati and St. Louis. Ugh!

Anyway, I see the Tigers are off to a good start... :)

Tigers on FSN Detroit today, depending on where you are.

Winning 3-0 so far and Peny pitching pretty well. Also the D has made some very nice plays today.
Bottom 6 so far.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Tigers on FSN Detroit today, depending on where you are.

Winning 3-0 so far and Peny pitching pretty well. Also the D has made some very nice plays today.
Bottom 6 so far.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys
I'm in Virginia right now...can't see how the regional coverage gods decided area folks would rather see Cincinnati vs St. Louis vice Detroit vs Kansas City? Anyway, the Tigers are getting another pitching gem this afternoon. :)

It's over, Tigers win thier 7th in a row.

Penny pitched great, much like last week against Toronto.

Today he was a Ground Ball pitching machine, getting 15 ground ball thru 8 innings.

Papa Grande pitched the 9th.

Interesting how the Tigers are playing so much better now that 3 things have happened.

1st, Austin Jackson is finally starting to hit the ball and get hits from hitting the ball. (was striking out WAY too much in the early going, still K's too much for my liking, but hopefully he's learning) and

2nd, Victor Martinez is healthy again and hitting once again, providing Cabrera with some protection even though Cabrera is still being walked (intentionally or not) at a record pace.

3rd, all this to go with the Pitching staff getting on a roll !

The pitching came around much earlier but wasn't getting any support earlier.

Indians have a chance to get that 1/2 game back from the Tigers today, Tigers game has been Postponed....
Of course thats IF the Indians can get thier game in today.

Appearantly they don't even TRY to get a game in anymore .... looking at the radar, they probably could get part of the game in and again after a rain delay, but looks like they just decided to NOT TRY today.

Twins get pounded again at home by Toronto. Have they dug themselves a hole too deep to climb-out of this season?

Hate to be negative about my team, but I believe this season lost. There is a chemistry that's missing, though that might be because of all the injuries.

For those that are having baseball withdrawls...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)