2011 AL Central Thread

mccoyrj said:
The Pirates have a decent team this year. McCutchen, Walker, and Overbay are playing good ball. Young guys are stepping up and even the pitching is holding it's own so far. A big plus is Clint Hurdle...he's instilled an excitement in these kids this year that's been missing the last several seasons. I know it's early still, but things seem to be a little different...so far.

I still think they are gonna lose 90 games.

Sent from my Galaxy s using SatelliteGuys

Jimbo said:
To me it sounds like a lack of PRIDE on the players part.
The PLAYERS are responsible for this type of play, not the manager or GM or Owner.

Still a leadership issue IMO...the headshed failed to properly motivate the players and instil a strong work ethic. That's why we're left scratching our heads wondering why this talented team can't win the division.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Still a leadership issue IMO...the headshed failed to properly motivate the players and instil a strong work ethic. That's why we're left scratching our heads wondering why this talented team can't win the division.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Are they really that talented as a whole, a few are, but not all of them.

You have about 3 professional hitters on the team, thats it.

Yes the season is Magical. I think the guy on the patch has something to do with that. Roll Tribe! Windians!!

:up:up The Tribe has been must see TV this season.....the late inning heroics are reminiscent of 1994 and 1995. :D

Yes the season is Magical. I think the guy on the patch has something to do with that. Roll Tribe! Windians!!

The ghost of Rapid Robert lives on!!!! Another fantastic pitching performance, more timely hitting and situational adjustments by the manager that decide the game! And the thing is, each win has been a total team effort. Each night, it seems to come from someone new. Never is it the same guy night in and night out. This team is a T-E-A-M in every sense of the imagination. If you're a fan of the game, it's hard NOT to get behind this team. This is a great story!!!

I was at the Santana grand-slam walk-off and the Carrerra drag bunt walk off and I'm telling you.....the place was electric.

The ghost of Rapid Robert lives on!!!! Another fantastic pitching performance, more timely hitting and situational adjustments by the manager that decide the game! And the thing is, each win has been a total team effort. Each night, it seems to come from someone new. Never is it the same guy night in and night out. This team is a T-E-A-M in every sense of the imagination. If you're a fan of the game, it's hard NOT to get behind this team. This is a great story!!!

Tigers were this way too, till the second half caught up with them.

So is the Ticket to turn on the Indians game in the 9th inning ?

Laporta hits a drive to the warning track for the last out .

Indians finally lose a game 4-2.

Tigers JUST took the lead from Tampa Bay on a Avilla 2 run HR going into the 9th.

Tigers Win tonight and pick up a game on the 1st place Indians, now trail by 6

Last edited:

For those that are having baseball withdrawls...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)