2011 AL Central Thread

Great story, riff.

Can you image...the last time Mrs. Johnson saw a baseball game in Detroit, Hank Greenberg was on first base and some people were starting to take noticed of that whacky Adolf Hitler and his radical ideas after Berlin-Rome proclaimed their Axis and he signed an anti-aggression pack with Japan. 75-years is a LONG time between visits to the ballpark.:eek:

Tigers leading 1-0 in the 8th over TB.
Indians beating the yanks 1-0 in the 8th.

Tigers got a HUGE BREAK when Ordonez threw to the plate to cut down the runner trying to score and the Ump called him OUT, reply shows he was wrong.
Game should be tied.

riffjim4069 said:
Well, we got some decent pitching and earned a 2-1 victory in 10-innings. :)

We've been getting decent pitching for the most part ...

Next up : "Cleveland"

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

HD MM said:
You're catching us at the right time. Our offense has been a no-show as of late.

As fan of baseball. That might have been one of the worst calls ever and is more proof instant replay is needed.
Tigers lost that game. Sad sad state in baseball when it comes to this stuff.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

As fan of baseball. That might have been one of the worst calls ever and is more proof instant replay is needed.

I don't like bad calls, but the it's part of the game and the umps get it right better than 95% of the time. I do not want to delay the game another 10-20 minutes by implementing something that is not needed. Just my two cents...

Ummm.... unless I forgot how to count last night .... the final was 2-1 right ?
So, had the call been correct, it would have been 2-2 NOT a loss for the Tigers.

I don't like bad calls either, they could have had this corrected in about 5 minutes IF the managers were to not waste 10 minutes complaining to the umps about it.

Give the managers a red flag and a challenge per game.

Actually tigers scored the winner in the 10th. That would have been 2-1 rays. Still with bases loaded. That game was stolen from the rays.

Dang! I just tuned-in since I've been on the phone with Dish the past couple hours. Anyway, if I knew Verlander was on the mound tonight I would have been sleeping...peacefully! Anyway, let's go shut-out and sole possession of 1st place. :)

For those that are having baseball withdrawls...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)