2011 MLB Playoffs

Please explain then, maybe I misunderstood what you were saying.
It is not about what I or you as individuals favor, it is about what the average fan demonstrates. NFL fans tend to watch games every Sunday. This is supported by ratings, the popularity of the NFL package compared to other sports packages, the number of people at bars watching NFL games compared to other games, ex. Baseball ratings are much more local, viewership, what is shown at bars, attendance, ex is largely local. In the MLB when a local team is not playing, those local fans tend to not follow the other teams as closely.

Just look at the threads on this site alone, the NFL thread is always more popular than the MLB thread, and this is no different on other forums. Read what people post in both threads as well. There is much more following and knowledge of the NFL as a whole, while the post in the MLB thread tends to focus solely on local teams and certain players.

DodgerKing said:
It is not about what I or you as individuals favor, it is about what the average fan demonstrates. NFL fans tend to watch games every Sunday. This is supported by ratings, the popularity of the NFL package compared to other sports packages, the number of people at bars watching NFL games compared to other games, ex. Baseball ratings are much more local, viewership, what is shown at bars, attendance, ex is largely local. In the MLB when a local team is not playing, those local fans tend to not follow the other teams as closely.

Just look at the threads on this site alone, the NFL thread is always more popular than the MLB thread, and this is no different on other forums. Read what people post in both threads as well. There is much more following and knowledge of the NFL as a whole, while the post in the MLB thread tends to focus solely on local teams and certain players.

I would think that the huge popularity in fantasy football has also increased the NFL popularity as well.

Meanwhile, it was announced yesterday that TBS's championship series ratings were down 42% from last year, and Fox's were down 20%.

Wednesday- 2011 World Series-Game 1

Rangers (Wilson) at Cardinals (Carpenter)- 8:05pm ET (FOX)

Look how long they have been in the league and they are in the Chicago market with lots of money.

So, if they have been around awhile and have money they are a Super Power ?

I wouldn't consider Detroit to be a Super Power in the NFL, they've been around forever and have plenty of money, they just don't spend it.

Jimbo said:
So, if they have been around awhile and have money they are a Super Power ?

I wouldn't consider Detroit to be a Super Power in the NFL, they've been around forever and have plenty of money, they just don't spend it.

Plus most years they are in the race for the division, basically most mid to small markets aren't superpowers because they don't have the money.

The Teams with money in the NFL doesn't count because all teams share the revenue equally and there is a cap so in the NFL the teams who knows how to manage their teams on a constant basis are the superpowers.

Plus most years they are in the race for the division, basically most mid to small markets aren't superpowers because they don't have the money.

The Teams with money in the NFL doesn't count because all teams share the revenue equally and there is a cap so in the NFL the teams who knows how to manage their teams on a constant basis are the superpowers.

So basically, if you have money ,your a Super Power ...

So basically, if you have money ,your a Super Power ...
I would add being in a large market and a large fan base.

Even though the Cubs have not won, they are a large market team, have a huge following, and have money/resources. This means they are capable of spending money to build a championship team at any time (even though management has managed to screw that up each year).

Let's Go Rangers!!!!

I don't like how the majority of the experts are picking the Rangers. This same thing happened last year and we bombed....

They just said on the pregame show, that this is the first time the Rangers have visited St. Louis. Wow, hard to believe with interleague play they've never played there!

I say Rangers in 6. Even thought the Cards are rolling, the Rangers just keep coming. I mean the Rangers pitching is ok but even if they give up 5 or 6 runs, the lineup they have can score and score and score.

They just said on the pregame show, that this is the first time the Rangers have visited St. Louis. Wow, hard to believe with interleague play they've never played there!

Looking at the past years they've only played one time in IL and that was 2004

Having only 4 teams in your division and 6 in NL Central probably is why...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts