2011 MLB Playoffs

They just said on the pregame show, that this is the first time the Rangers have visited St. Louis. Wow, hard to believe with interleague play they've never played there!

Didn't think of that, good point .

wiki has some interesting info. Looks like there are a few teams this happened too
Some clubs have not hosted every team at their home ballpark. The New York Mets have never hosted the Chicago White Sox. The 2 teams have only played once in Chicago in 2002. The Atlanta Braves have not hosted the Minnesota Twins since the 1991 World Series, although the teams have met in Minnesota. The Los Angeles Dodgers have never hosted the Tampa Bay Rays. This makes the Rays the only American League team to have never visited Dodger Stadium. The Yankees have also not hosted the Dodgers in an interleague series, although they have played in Los Angeles twice since 2004.[10] This makes the Dodgers the only current Major League franchise to have never played a regular season game in the original Yankee Stadium. The Kansas City Royals have never hosted the Atlanta Braves. The Toronto Blue Jays have never hosted the San Diego Padres. The Oakland Athletics have never hosted the Chicago Cubs. The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim have never hosted the St. Louis Cardinals. The Cardinals have never hosted the Texas Rangers during the regular season, however they will host the Rangers during the 2011 World Series.

We see why it is ridiculous having the All Star game decide homefield advantage. The WC team should not get homefield advantage of a division winning team with a better record

Good thing the Tigers didn't make the WS ....

Verlander would be starting tonight and it would have guaranteed RAIN ....

Fwiw, it's been raining all day here and will tomorrow as well. (just south of Detroit).

I know the game is in St. Louis, but you know Verlander 's curse !

DodgerKing said:
We see why it is ridiculous having the All Star game decide homefield advantage. The WC team should not get homefield advantage of a division winning team with a better record

I hear ya. The Rangers should have had HFA for the World Series.

I'll be honest, I dont mind the All Star game with homefield advantage. I mean they are trying to make the game seem interesting. At least they are trying to do something different. Look at the Pro Bowl, NHL game, the NBA All Star Game. They dont even try. In the Pro Bowl, can they play defense?? Same goes for the NHL and NBA game.

I dont see a real difference with homefield advantage. I mean you only lose one home game. If its my team w/o the homefield advantage, I would think that would motivate the team even more. I would look at it like this. If my team cant win just one extra game on the road, I question if they really should be there in the first place.

The cards just won what will probably their only WS win. After today their pitching goes down drastically.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Its only the first game. Home Field Advantage really played a lot in this game since the Rangers have never been to Busch Stadium before. I bet they have their bearings now and will respond tonight.

Congrats to the Cards for winning the first game. It was a very good game!

I'll be honest, I dont mind the All Star game with homefield advantage. I mean they are trying to make the game seem interesting. At least they are trying to do something different. Look at the Pro Bowl, NHL game, the NBA All Star Game. They dont even try. In the Pro Bowl, can they play defense?? Same goes for the NHL and NBA game.

I dont see a real difference with homefield advantage. I mean you only lose one home game. If its my team w/o the homefield advantage, I would think that would motivate the team even more. I would look at it like this. If my team cant win just one extra game on the road, I question if they really should be there in the first place.

I agree with this, I am one who does not think home field advantage means as much in baseball as it does in other sports.

And even if you don't like the way home field is determined now, you have to admit it does beat the old way...alternating every year.

Sandra

Thursday-2011 World Series- Game 2

Rangers (Lewis) at Cardinals (Garcia)- 8:05pm ET (FOX) Cardinals lead series 1-0

I agree with this, I am one who does not think home field advantage means as much in baseball as it does in other sports.

And even if you don't like the way home field is determined now, you have to admit it does beat the old way...alternating every year.

Sandra

I don't like the way it is determined and I don't like the Alternating option.

Whats so hard about giving Home Field Advantage to the team with the BEST RECORD ?

What a novel idea !

They EARNED IT !

Look at the 2001 World Series under these new rules. The AL won the All Star Game, so that would mean that the Yankees would have gotten home field and gotten Game 7 at home. Maybe the Yankees would have won. Sure, the D-Backs wont complain but maybe if the Yankees were at home, maybe they win the World Series. Same goes for the 97 World Series. What would have happened if the Indians were playing game 7 at home instead of the Marlins? Maybe the Indians would have won.

Point is that, I didnt hear the Yankees or the Indians complain about having the AL winning the All Star Game and yet both the Yankees and the Indians didnt get to play game 7 at home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts