2011 MLB Playoffs

I think a PHL/TEX World Series would be a good draw as well.

If Texas and Detroit play for the ALCS that will be an awesome series as well. Detroit has a very good team this year.

Can't help but feel that the Yankees blew a HUGE opportunity last night. Four runs off Verlander in eight innings should be enough when you have your ace on the mound...but it wasn't.

Soriano should not be allowing home runs...but he did. If John Smoltz knows not to send Young a first pitch fastball over the plate, why doesn't Soriano?

The way Valverde is pitching, they should be able to score one run off him in an inning...but they didn't. The guy is a blown save waiting to happen, but the Yankees just cannot make it happen.

Now our season rests on the million dollar arm and ten cent pitching brain of AJ Burnett. Wonderful.

Other observations...

The Detroit stadium is beautiful...but seems to have strange sightlines. It seems like the stand are set WAY back from the field, and the upper deck is probably the furthest away from the field in all of baseball.

Was funny watching Jim Leyland continually go back to warm up his butt!

Smoltz and Darling (and whoever does play by play) are an outstanding announcing team.

Wow, Russell Martin takes a 100 MPH Verlander fastball to the ribs and barely flinches! Are they fudging the MPH over there? I kid, I kid...

Not going to do the Cleveland thing and say Sabathia was getting squeezed and Verlander wasn't. ;) :D

Wow that stadium was loud in the begining of the game...right up unti the first pitch LOL.

Tiger fans deserve this...good fans.

Sandra

Smoltz and Darling (and whoever does play by play) are an outstanding announcing team
Sandra

That's Brewers announcer Brian Anderson, and I agree that they've been outstanding (I think Smoltz is one of th best out there).

This trio is also calling the NLCS on TBS.

I couldn't agree more, but it's too bad the fans in attendance at said game won't be able to enjoy the light of day. ;)
I'm going to game 4. We're used to not seeing the light of day. The roof is usually closed for most of the summer. The weather would have been pretty good for day games. High today of 93 and 87 tomorrow. The forecasters are saying to expect winds up to 40 mph tomorrow as a storm is moving through Weds into Thurs.

It is quite a treat when they open up the stadium and we can enjoy the blue skies.

I'm going to game 4. We're used to not seeing the light of day. The roof is usually closed for most of the summer. The weather would have been pretty good for day games. High today of 93 and 87 tomorrow. The forecasters are saying to expect winds up to 40 mph tomorrow as a storm is moving through Weds into Thurs.

It is quite a treat when they open up the stadium and we can enjoy the blue skies.

They were talking about Tampa, not Phoenix. No blue skies for baseball fans in Tampa. I guess 'spaghetti strainer' means the Tampa dome.

Sandra

That's Brewers announcer Brian Anderson, and I agree that they've been outstanding (I think Smoltz is one of th best out there).

This trio is also calling the NLCS on TBS.

I listen to Darling with Keith Hernandez and Gerry Cohen on the Mets broadcasts and they are fantastic.

The Rangers- looking to advance to the ALCS- are ahead of the Rays 3-2............bottom of 6th

Adrian Beltre just hit his third HR of the game. Why can't the Red Sox get players like that? :(

Can't help but feel that the Yankees blew a HUGE opportunity last night. Four runs off Verlander in eight innings should be enough when you have your ace on the mound...but it wasn't.
Verlander doesn't often allow 4-runs so the Yankees blew a golden opportunity. However, the Tigers always give Verlander the runs he needs and just seem to play with more zest & zeal when he's pitching.

Soriano should not be allowing home runs...but he did. If John Smoltz knows not to send Young a first pitch fastball over the plate, why doesn't Soriano?

I was thinking the same thing as the words were rolling off Smotlz' tongue - not smart baseball.

The way Valverde is pitching, they should be able to score one run off him in an inning...but they didn't. The guy is a blown save waiting to happen, but the Yankees just cannot make it happen.

Valverde has been scaring me silly lately. He has gotten himself into trouble but always manages to get out of it. Leyland needs to rest him today because he hasn't looked sharp.

Now our season rests on the million dollar arm and ten cent pitching brain of AJ Burnett. Wonderful.

I get the feeling both teams are going to feast on the starting pitching this evening...we're going deep into the bullpen.

The Detroit stadium is beautiful...but seems to have strange sightlines. It seems like the stand are set WAY back from the field, and the upper deck is probably the furthest away from the field in all of baseball.

Having grown-up in Tiger Stadium I'm still getting used to the new ballpark. I've been to more than twenty current and former MLB ballparks and none of them compared to Tiger Stadium...literally put you right on top the game. As you mentioned, Comerica Park is pretty and has some great views of the ballpark, but most seats are set too far away from the field. The only thing I don't miss about Tiger Statdium are those urinal troughs. I love my brothers and cousins---we grew-up doing everything together---but peeing is a porcelain receptacle is not something I care to remember. :eek: