2011 MLB Trade Deadline/Rumors

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What with the NFL nearing a labor agreement, and the MLB July 31 trade deadline, next week should be a very busy week for player movement for the two leagues...

Anyone want Grady Sizemore? A one time top-tier, young, budding Centerfielder who now can't seem to stay healthy? The Tribe could use a power-stick in return. Any takers?

West Notes: Heath Bell, Jimenez, Conor Jackson

By Tim Dierkes [July 19 at 2:41pm CST]
The latest on a few NL and AL West teams...
  • Padres closer Heath Bell explained to Lee "Hacksaw" Hamilton on XX 1090 that he has not gotten an extension offer from the Padres, but he's leaving the door open (transcript here). Bell appears willing to take a discount, but admits he doesn't know what he's worth.
  • ESPN's Jerry Crasnick tweets that some baseball people feel Rockies GM Dan O'Dowd tossed Ubaldo Jimenez's name out there to gauge the pitcher's value, as Kevin Towers did during the offseason with Justin Upton.
  • The affordable Conor Jackson figures to be traded, tweets ESPN's Buster Olney. Jackson, once a rising star in Arizona, has a .249/.323/.330 line in 260 plate appearances for Oakland this year. He'll be owed just over $1MM after the trade deadline, and has been linked to the Pirates so far.

Ubaldo Jimenez Rumors: Tuesday

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 19 at 3:12pm CST]
We heard yesterday that at least 12 teams have checked in on Ubaldo Jimenez, though the Rockies are likely going to hold on to the right-hander. Scouts will get another look at Jimenez tonight, when he toes the rubber against the Braves. In the meantime, here are the latest rumors, with the most recent updates up top:
  • The Red Sox inquired on Jimenez, according to Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com. However, the level of Boston's interest isn't yet clear. Jon Heyman of SI.com reported Sunday that the Red Sox had "probably" checked in on Jimenez, but this is the most definite interest we've heard of so far.
  • People familiar with the Rockies' plans say the Reds and Rangers have a better chance of obtaining Jimenez than the Yankees, according to Knobler. The Tigers, who are prioritizing starting pitching, have asked about most available starters, including Jimenez.

Tigers pick up Wilson Betemit from KC to play 3B in place of Brandon Inge hopefully.
MUCH better BAT as well, of course thats NOT saying much to have a better bat than Inge.

So its that week of the year in which Mets fans every year dread as we watch the management make bonehead deals. Additionally we watch Cashman of the Yanks pull off Jedi-mind trades but what Di we gave today? Beltran to SF for a top pitching prospect in Wheeler... wow!!!

So its that week of the year in which Mets fans every year dread as we watch the management make bonehead deals. Additionally we watch Cashman of the Yanks pull off Jedi-mind trades but what Di we gave today? Beltran to SF for a top pitching prospect in Wheeler... wow!!!

I am gonna assume that they seriously think that they can get some kinda deal in place for a few years because when you trade your best pitching prospects for a rental...that is IFFY trading if you ask me.

SF, on the other side of the coin...is seriously, quietly looking to repeat as World Champs.

salsadancer7 said:
I am gonna assume that they seriously think that they can get some kinda deal in place for a few years because when you trade your best pitching prospects for a rental...that is IFFY trading if you ask me.

SF, on the other side of the coin...is seriously, quietly looking to repeat as World Champs.

Insiders say that Borris would only trade to a team who could offer contract at end of season. I wouldn't be suprised thered a deal soon for 2 years with an optional 3rd. My only concern for Beltran are those knees in a deep park.

Insiders say that Borris would only trade to a team who could offer contract at end of season. I wouldn't be suprised thered a deal soon for 2 years with an optional 3rd. My only concern for Beltran are those knees in a deep park.

Good point. I see 2 years and finishing his career in Oakland as a DH where he would only play outfield on occassion.

He will be missed .... like when he missed the ball to end the NLDS versus Cardinals :-( :-( :-(

In a separate story, its also reported he took the whole team out for dinner last night ... nice gesture as a leader on this team

salsadancer7 said:

I saw Wheeler pitch in single A San Jose a couple weeks back and he was not that impressive. He did end up with a fairly high K total, but there were base runners all over the place and he gave up 4-5 runs (he secured the win because the other team's pitching was atrocious).

Then again, that was only one outing, so who knows where this kid's future lies. I think with all the injuries, the Giants had to get another bat into their lineup. If they can secure Beltran for another couple of years, that'd be great. But clearly, this move is focused on winning this year.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys