2011 MLB Trade Deadline/Rumors

I am gonna assume that they seriously think that they can get some kinda deal in place for a few years because when you trade your best pitching prospects for a rental...that is IFFY trading if you ask me.

SF, on the other side of the coin...is seriously, quietly looking to repeat as World Champs.
Even with Beltran, winning the WS would have to be done by probably the worst offense to ever appear in the WS. Then again, it shows that pitching is more important than offense.

Per FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the Tribe front office is one of three teams considered to be in serious contention for Colorado’s Ubaldo Jiménez.

Per FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the Tribe front office is one of three teams considered to be in serious contention for Colorado’s Ubaldo Jiménez.

Here's what makes following these rumors so frustrating. Jayson Stark mentions six possible teams interested in Jiménez, none of which are Cleveland:

The Reds are in. The Yankees and Red Sox are in. The Rangers, Tigers and Blue Jays are on this trail. An executive of one club involved in these talks says he was told that two National League teams, yet to be identified, are working on this deal, as well. Other clubs are conjecturing that one of them almost certainly is Washington.

cosmo_kramer said:
Here's what makes following these rumors so frustrating. Jayson Stark mentions six possible teams interested in Jiménez, none of which are Cleveland:

I want no parts of Jimenez, he had been getting hit around by the offensively challenged NL west.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

I want no parts of Jimenez, he had been getting hit around by the offensively challenged NL west.

........a hitter's friendly park.

When he’s pitching anywhere outside of Denver, Jiménez looks like he did all last season with ERA sitting at 2.83 and a WHIP of 0.99 with opposing hitters succeeding at a rate of .178.

It was just one season ago that the then-26-year old started the All-Star game for the National League squad, finishing the season with 19 wins, an ERA just over two runs and a WHIP of 1.15.

salsadancer7 said:
VERY black and white statement....more layers than that when it comes to the National League.

Great if everyone else wants him, I just don't want him on the Sox. Don't like him as a pitcher and I especially don't like the price tag.

Hart5150 said:
Great if everyone else wants him, I just don't want him on the Sox. Don't like him as a pitcher and I especially don't like the price tag.

I meant the comment about the National League.

As far as Jimenez, I agree, after last year...the asking price will be through the roof.

I meant the comment about the National League.

As far as Jimenez, I agree, after last year...the asking price will be through the roof.
I think he was more referring to the division rather than the league. I would have to agree that the NL West is the worst offensive division in baseball. But they are probably the best pitching division

........a hitter's friendly park.

When he’s pitching anywhere outside of Denver, Jiménez looks like he did all last season with ERA sitting at 2.83 and a WHIP of 0.99 with opposing hitters succeeding at a rate of .178.

It was just one season ago that the then-26-year old started the All-Star game for the National League squad, finishing the season with 19 wins, an ERA just over two runs and a WHIP of 1.15.

This guy has had 2 very good years out of the 5.5 he's been in the majors .... suddenly he's the next best pitcher out there ?

I can name alot of pitchers I'd rather have.

This guy has had 2 very good years out of the 5.5 he's been in the majors .... suddenly he's the next best pitcher out there ?

I can name alot of pitchers I'd rather have.

No one said he was the next best pitcher out there. He is one pitcher that may be available and his team willing to trade though. And, judging by the stats I provided, would be plenty decent to help out a team in need.

Yankees should stay away. This guy is not J. Santana in his prime. Espn hype these pitchers that only have one good season under their belt. I am not impressed. Show me more than that because in NY they will eat you alive if you can not perform under pressure.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

The Red Sox are reportedly close to acquiring A's pitcher Rich Harden.

I'm cool with this............Worst case scenario: Buchholz can't come back, and Harden is the #3 starter. Best case: Buchholz returns, and Harden falls to #4.

Looks like the Indians are gonna acquire the biggest fish on the starting pitching market........good for them:

Indians To Acquire Ubaldo Jimenez

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 30 at 8:12pm CST]
8:12pm: Ubaldo is getting hugs in the dugout and has been removed from the game. The deal appears to be going through.
8:01pm: It appears that the Indians are getting a fourth player, Jon Heyman of SI.com reports (on Twitter).
7:47pm: Jimenez is currently on the mound for the Rockies and pitching against the Padres. That's a pretty clear indication that a trade has not been finalized. Esmil Rogers is currently warming up in the bullpen however, says Renck (on Twitter).
7:13pm: Jimenez is currently out in the bullpen and warming up to pitch against the Padres according to Renck (on Twitter), so the deal may not be done yet. He could still pitch for Colorado before a trade is finalized, but teams typically won't risk injury in this situation.
Joel Sherman of The New York Post reports (on Twitter) that four days ago the Yankees asked the Rockies if they could perform a physical on Jimenez if the two sides came to an agreement on a trade. Colorado refused, so the Yankees backed out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts