2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Saturday's Playoff Schedule

Boston at Philadelphia- 3:00pm ET (NBC)- Game 1

Nashville at Vancouver- 9:00pm ET (Versus)- Canucks lead series 1-0

Wings lose 2-1 in OT after killing off a 4 minute PP on a shot that deflected off the D's stick.

Killing off a 4 man in OT just doesn't pay anymore. :mad:
I've been putting in a lot of hours at work and fell asleep halfway through the 2nd period. Big wins by San Jose and Tampa Bay last night! Jimmy played well, but the Wings looked a bit rusty although they had periods where they played OK. To be honest, the return of Zetterberg, in my eyes, threw the team out-of-sync. Regardless, the Sharks just appeared to "want it" more than the Wings last night. Back in the Nations Capital...the Caps have some work do if they are going to beat the Lightening. We shall see.

[RANT]
The two Bozos calling last night's Sharks-Wings game were two of the biggest dopes in hockeydom - they had no business calling the game IMO. For example, one of them referred to San Jose as the Tampa Bay Sharks and later in the broadcast referred to Detroit as the Kings. Not a big deal...if this pair didn't continue to open their mouths and demonstrate they completely lacked any knowledge of the game. These guys were stuck on a previous series and, more importantly, stuck on stupid. Besides making another 30-40 minor faux pas that continued to annoy the viewer, I recall one of these jokers saying something incredibly stupid with around 14-minutes left to play in the 2nd period. Unfortunately, I deleted the game off the Tivo and don't recall what they said. Fortunately, I deleted the recording and don't have to suffer through another viewing; I also fell asleep a short while later and was no longer subject to thier idiocy. These dynamic-doofuses were the Anti Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond.
[/RANT]

Go Wings!

I think so too.

Time to go Racing !
With an eye on the Hockey game as well.
I also think the Caps and your Red Wings will tie their respective series tomorrow, and will still meet for the Stanley Cup.

I also think the Caps and your Red Wings will tie their respective series tomorrow, and will still meet for the Stanley Cup.

If the Wings lose tomorrow, the weekend will be an entire wash, may as well have just worked and made money instead ...
Tigers lose twice (so far, once in the 9th and today in the 13th), Wings possibly being down 2-0.....

Watching the 3rd period of the Canucks / Preds series, Nashville has gone most of the period without actually being able to get set up in the offensive zone, they have no chance if they can't get anything set up, they have been getting one shot and then it's cleared to the other end.
They only trail 1-0 but it looks like the Canucks are just THAT much better.

Just as they pull thier goalie, they get a shot and score .... it's 1-1 and we'll probably be going to another OT !

Nashville must have had a lot more pressure in the first 2 periods, they have 35 shots, 15 in the third, so the single shots were plenty, but nothing after the shot, no rebounds from the look of it.

Looks like Vancouver sat back playing the Dump the puck game in the 3rd and it bit them as they gave up the late goal, they only had 5 shots in the third, they've played much like the Red Wings would play for many years.

Last edited:
Fwiw, the Preds goal came from behind the goal line and shot out at the goalie and went in off his skate (or stick, not real clear). ( the tying goal)

I'd love to know what the record is for OT games in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

This postseason must be on the cusp of breaking that record!

Sunday's Playoff Schedule

Detroit at San Jose- 3:00pm ET (NBC)- Sharks lead series 1-0

Tampa Bay at Washington- 7:00pm ET (Versus)- Lightning lead series 1-0

Last edited:
I have to say, the OT is being played much more evenly .... Vancouver is no longer playing the dump and chase game, much more better flow to this part of the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)