2012 NFL Draft

For whatever reason, I don't view Miami as a threat. Maybe it's just a feeling, but the team I'm scarred about is Washington.

yeah they are the ones who would always be willing to give up the most or pay the most. they've proven that quite a few times.......

Meh.

They have to swap us their #1 in the trade so they'll only have an extra pick, a #22 overall. Big woop.

You HONESTLY think they are ONLY gonna get those 2 #1? The one desperate for a QB is Cleveland...not St. Louis. I seriously doubt that they will get no less than 3 picks. ESPN and Schefter on Mike & Mike stated the Rams want and more than likely get the 2 #1s, a #3 and a #4...similar to the Eli Manning deal when the Giants picked him up.

yeah they are the ones who would always be willing to give up the most or pay the most. they've proven that quite a few times.......

THERE is the magic phrase Rey, "pay the most". Cash, YEP...picks...I don't know about that. From what I have read, the Rams are DESPERATELY looking for a Pro Bowl LT...and the rumor is Miami has offered, their #1, Jake Long AND a #2 for next year...

Yeah, I expect the Rams will end up with 3+ high picks for the opportunity for a team to take RGIII. They are going to fleece whomever ends up at that spot and get a lot more than fans expect them to IMO.

Consider what the Browns received to trade out of number 6 last year: 2010 1st, 2nd, 4th, 2011 1st, 4th.

Yeah, I expect the Rams will end up with 3+ high picks for the opportunity for a team to take RGIII. They are going to fleece whomever ends up at that spot and get a lot more than fans expect them to IMO.

Consider what the Browns received to trade out of number 6 last year: 2010 1st, 2nd, 4th, 2011 1st, 4th.

Yep.

THERE is the magic phrase Rey, "pay the most". Cash, YEP...picks...I don't know about that. From what I have read, the Rams are DESPERATELY looking for a Pro Bowl LT...and the rumor is Miami has offered, their #1, Jake Long AND a #2 for next year...

i gotta tell ya that o would not be happy at all if we lost long. his position is one of the most important imo in the NFL.

SabresRule said:
Cleveland doesn't need a QB- draft McCoy a go-to WR and keep Colt healthy.

I thought the exact same thing...but they are in a good spot with their draft. They can give in quite a few picks this year(they will have to if they want RG3) and still be fully loaded with picks next year.

rey_1178 said:
i gotta tell ya that o would not be happy at all if we lost long. his position is one of the most important imo in the NFL.

But, if they want that possible franchise QB, you gotta give a little to get a little. I have heard that Long is at the height of his value, the OL is decently deep in this years draft and if they are to give him up...THIS year is the year to do it.

The Rams have a new owner right? I say that because I remember saying a while ago that since the Rams were the Los Angeles Rams,they have ALWAYS loved a good quarterback controversy & would go through QB's like a proctologist goes through rubber gloves. Hopefully the new owner changes that mentality,but I could see the Rams out of spite drafting RGIII just because the other teams didn't give them the picks & players they wanted to give up the number 2 draft pick,although such a move would be more daft than if they ended up with the overall number 1 draft pick & took Andrew Luck for the same reasons that I gave. For Cleveland,this is just a case of who will blink first. Conventional wisdom says that if no deal is made with the Rams by any team,they'll draft an offensive lineman anyway & I don't see the Vikings holding RGIII hostage to the highest bidder. The Browns most likely will be able to draft RGIII at the number 4 pick.

But, if they want that possible franchise QB, you gotta give a little to get a little. I have heard that Long is at the height of his value, the OL is decently deep in this years draft and if they are to give him up...THIS year is the year to do it.
I don't know. Last time we had such a good left tackle was Richmond Webb back with Marino. I want my qb to be standing as much as possible. We'll see.

rey_1178 said:
I don't know. Last time we had such a good left tackle was Richmond Webb back with Marino. I want my qb to be standing as much as possible. We'll see.

But this is different type of QB than Marino. The QB position is going to a more mobile QB....so that will mean a more mobile tackle.

I was going to reply to that but you appear to have posted and then promptly rebutted everything you said.

I just think that the Browns shouldn't blink on trading up. I think that RGIII will fall into their lap at the 4th round. I also could give a much more plausible reason why the Rams might have taken Andrew Luck if they had the overall number 1 pick,even though they already have Sam Bradford,based on their past history with QB's.

royrdsjr said:
I just think that the Browns shouldn't blink on trading up. I think that RGIII will fall into their lap at the 4th round.

You mean 4th pick. And would YOU as a GM trust the teams before you not to pick him and trade him to the highest bidder...? Nope...me neither! ;-)

You mean 4th pick. And would YOU as a GM trust the teams before you not to pick him and trade him to the highest bidder...? Nope...me neither! ;-)

Yep.I meant 4th pick. We'll see what happens with Peyton Manning. If he is released by the Colts,that may relieve some of the pressure to trade up to draft RGIII. You also have Matt Flynn,Kyle Orton,Brady Quinn,Jason Campbell,David Garrard,& Vince Young available as free agents.

I also still think that the "sleeper" QB of the draft will be 6ft. 8in. Brock Osweiler. Whatever he may not accomplish in the NFL,I bet that,unless he has an incredibly wacky throwing style,very few of his passes will get batted down at the line of scrimmage.

royrdsjr said:
I also still think that the "sleeper" QB of the draft will be 6ft. 8in. Brock Osweiler. Whatever he may not accomplish in the NFL,I bet that,unless he has an incredibly wacky throwing style,very few of his passes will get batted down at the line of scrimmage.

I also hear that Tunneyhill is the one to watchout for.

I agree with you that the Peyton Manning release from the Colts and video/workout PROOF he is heeled will change things quite a bit. But I also gotta believe the he wants to sign with the team closest to playoff contention. I would have to believe it would be Arizona, Seattle and Miami.

Now THIS makes sense!

Browns coach Pat Shurmur talks up Ryan Tannehill

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 2, 2012, 9:05 AM EST

If the reports that the Browns aren’t enthusiastic about trading up to draft Robert Griffin III are true, does that mean Cleveland has decided against taking a quarterback in the first round of the NFL draft?

Not necessarily. Browns coach Pat Shurmur told Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer that he liked another quarterback he met with at the Scouting Combine: Texas A&M’s Ryan Tannehill. After first saying he was impressed with Griffin, Shurmur then mentioned how much he liked Tannehill.

“I was equally impressed with Ryan,” Shurmur said. “Very intelligent young man. Did a nice job in the interview. It’s important in the interview that they’re able to talk about what they did when we watch their film, and I thought he did a very nice job of that. He was very productive this year after being a receiver. He played receiver for 30 games and quarterback for 21. That’s not always easy to do.”

If the Browns are considering taking Tannehill with the fourth overall pick, then they’re a lot higher on him than anyone realizes. And if the Browns are a lot higher on Tannehill than anyone realizes, Shurmur probably wouldn’t be talking up the Browns’ interest.

But Tannehill remains one of the most interesting players in this year’s NFL draft. With Andrew Luck looking like a sure thing to go first and Griffin looking like a sure thing to go second, the biggest question at quarterback is where Tannehill, widely regarded as the third-best quarterback in the draft, will end up.

Browns coach Pat Shurmur talks up Ryan Tannehill | ProFootballTalk

This ALSO give the Redskins AND the Dolphins a slim chance. This ALSO makes the Rams realize, there IS a chance they may not get the 2 #1s they were hoping to steel from someone for RG3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)