2013-14 NFL Postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that I've been making jokes about the possibility of it being very cold at the MetLife Stadium,but seriously,I believe that the weather will be a non-factor. I'll wager that the temperature during the Super Bowl will be in the 40's. I wanted to say in the 50's,but I'm pretty sure that the temp will drop into the 40's as the sun goes down,& besides,cold weather doesn't take away from the other playoff games or the conference championship games. So the cheerleaders will have to cover up...........

The forecast for today's games look almost identical, even though the two venues are over 3,000 miles apart.

Seattle- low 50's with a 90% chance of rain
Foxboro- low 50's with 100% chance of rain (heavy at times), wind gusts up to 30 MPH.

Tom Brady will start in his NFL record 10th Divisional Round game tonight. TB12 was previously tied with Joe Montana and Brett Favre.

Tom Brady-9 starts: 7-2
Joe Montana-9 starts: 7-2
Brett Favre- 9 starts: 5-4
Terry Bradshaw- 8 starts: 6-2
John Elway- 8 starts: 6-2
Peyton Manning- 8 starts: 3-5 (will start in his 9th game tomorrow)
Dan Marino- 8 starts: 3-5

Tonight's Colts-Patriots game will be Dan Dierdorf's last game before he hangs up the mic. I think it's appropriate that the Michigan alum's last game is a Tom Brady playoff game. My favorite all-time Dierdorf quote happened on Christmas Eve 2006. The Pats defeated the Jags to clinch the AFC East, and as the clock was winding down Dierdorf said, "Ladies and gentlemen the fox has entered the hen house"! :)

Last edited:
Poking forward to the Saints/Seahawks game and that crazy crowd there :)
Looking forward to this one also.Sure hope the Saints can pull it off because I do not want the Panthers to have to go back to Seattle for the NFC championship game after we beat the 49ers tomorrow..:D..

Looking forward to this one also.Sure hope the Saints can pull it off because I do not want the Panthers to have to go back to Seattle for the NFC championship game after we beat the 49ers tomorrow..:D..

You make a good point but,I really don't like the Aint's,and playing any team 3 times sux,even if it's at home.

Two of the best kickers in the game, Patriots legend Adam Vinatieri and his replacement Stephen Gostkowski, will be kicking tonight. They will be challenged however, as it is VERY windy here and most of the game is going to be played in a downpour.

Seeing that crowd in Seattle, man I wonder what a crowd at ford field would be like. Awesome to see that atmosphere

Even though the Saints have the offense to stage a comeback, a TD here could be backbreaking. Especially if you consider the opponent, the environment and the weather.

Seeing that crowd in Seattle, man I wonder what a crowd at ford field would be like.

In a word, Fiction! in Lions Losing Lore. ;) Outwardly I laugh. Inwardly I sob uncontrollably. Speaking of SOB...have I ever mentioned how much I despise the William Clay Ford Family (Lions owners circa my entire lifetime)? That Soul Sucker!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)