2013-14 NFL Postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where the justice man.S***...

Judge must have been a Cowboys fan.

Looking back at when active athletes got in real trouble...the majority of them practically got a slap on the wrist.

Danny Heatly -drunkdriving/passenger killed --> probabtion and gets traded to Ottawa
Doug Gilmour- dating an underage girl --> kicked out of Missouri and traded to Calgary
Ray Lewis -- enough said

Another in one of the many reasons why this was a stupid and greedy move. I say greedy move because the NFL wanted to try out the NY market. Before I or anyone else puts all the blame on Goodell, toss the NFL owners in there.....

I thought this was kinda a remembrance for 9-11 to give them the Super Bowl ... I always wondered why it took them so long though.

I thought this was kinda a remembrance for 9-11 to give them the Super Bowl ... I always wondered why it took them so long though.

Rey hit the nail on the head,it's a money grab,and a reward to the owners that got the new stadium built.

Rey hit the nail on the head,it's a money grab,and a reward to the owners that got the new stadium built.

The NFL is the only league that has a neutral site championship game. What would be the alternatives?

1- team with the best record hosts the game

2- dedicated Super Bowl site (not associated with any team)

3- rotation with every 32 stadiums

I say make it a fair rotation. Because the NFL makes its "non profit" billions off advertisements and broadcasting...the only thing tat matters is the quality of the field and to hell if the corporate execs who attend the game aren't comfortable.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Personally, and I think its unfortunate, but I doubt we ever see a Super Bowl in a cold outdoor climate again.
Make that a Known, cold outdoor enviroment .... I do think we'll have cold cities with domes still, ala Indy.

The NFL is the only league that has a neutral site championship game. What would be the alternatives?

1- team with the best record hosts the game

2- dedicated Super Bowl site (not associated with any team)

3- rotation with every 32 stadiums

I say make it a fair rotation. Because the NFL makes its "non profit" billions off advertisements and broadcasting...the only thing tat matters is the quality of the field and to hell if the corporate execs who attend the game aren't comfortable.

Why not hold it in some of the larger college stadiums?
I'm sure Austin, Knoxville, College Station, Columbus, Ann Arbor, or Tuscaloosa are big enough or close enough to a larger city to have the hotel space for a Superbowl

Why not hold it in some of the larger college stadiums?
I'm sure Austin, Knoxville, College Station, Columbus, Ann Arbor, or Tuscaloosa are big enough or close enough to a larger city to have the hotel space for a Superbowl

I doubt the NFL would seriously consider the College campuses.

Will the Super Bowl be postponed? It's an incredibly remote possibility, and here's why http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...on-weather-might-postpone-184201793--nfl.html

IF, they cancel/move the SB due to Snow and cold, I may Never watch the NFL again ...

WHY ?

The NFL is suppose to be the TOUGH league that has bone jarring hits and plays in frigid weather as well as hot ...
The mystiec of the NFL would change forever.

If theres a BLIZZARD they better play, peyton won't like that and Seattle will have a huge advantage, but, oh well, thats the breaks ...

Like I said previously, well never have another open air Northern city host a SB again ... just because of something like this happening ...

Detroit got SLAMMED in the media when they had it there and that was INDOORS, but they had bad weather as well that weekend and it made travel difficult for the media.

Last edited:
They don't want nice weather for the players or the flow of the game, they want nice weather so the people who pay tons of money for seats and boxes don't get cold.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Am sure the NFLPA would have something to say about that

How so? The contingencies are for public safety, little else. They will play in a foot of snow and a blizzard as long as it is safe for 80,000 people and the necessary emergency services to drive to/from the stadium. Simple as that.

Sent from my VZW Note 3

Never heard of a union that is concerned with everything except their own members.

Am sure if the conditions are absolute crap the NFLPA will have lots to say when it comes to the next cold weather SB proposal.
Anywho, its a mute point. Game day weather wont be any worse or better than a typical outdoor January game in the East.

Current forcast is for 24-38 degrees, clear skies and 9mph wind.

Cheers, K

Never heard of a union that is concerned with everything except their own members.

Am sure if the conditions are absolute crap the NFLPA will have lots to say when it comes to the next cold weather SB proposal.
Anywho, its a mute point. Game day weather wont be any worse or better than a typical outdoor January game in the East.

Current forcast is for 24-38 degrees, clear skies and 9mph wind.

Cheers, K

When has the NFLPA ever complained about the weather?

Sent from my VZW Note 3

This will make 10 of the last 11 Super Bowls in which AFC QB is Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Ben Roethlisberger”

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

beats me...am still wondering what your point is except trying to bait me into an argument..

beats me...am still wondering what your point is except trying to bait me into an argument..

Just looking for you to back up what you posted, no bait required. If they have never done it before why now, and do you want them to? The NFLPA isn't going to complain if the players play in 2 feet of snow. The contingencies people are overreacting to have nothing to do with the play on the field for the most part but instead the safety of the attendees - as stated in most articles about it but it seems many around here prefer just reading the headlines and rushing to post.

Or did you misunderstand the context of the Super bowl being delayed/moved up when you replied to this?

It has nothing to do with the conditions on the field, if any of you going off on this read beyond the headlines you'd realize that.

Sent from my VZW Note 3

Am sure the NFLPA would have something to say about that

Sent from my VZW Note 3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)