Starr
Steve Young
Aikman
Bob Griese
Roethlisberger
Otto Graham
Brees
Kurt Warner

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I see you're only going by rings,any NFL PRO with some intelligence will tell you that's ignorant. Start by taking Steve Young out of there who fortunately for him landed with the Niners. He was a nobody before landing there. Remove Griese as well. Bob was an ok QB who was cerebral and didn't make the mistakes but he was never the difference maker. Just look at the season when he was injured.
Even if at the bottom 10, Marino and Manning should be in that list. Teams and especially defenses win championships.Even though a ring should be considered, you can't ignore the individual accomplishments and stats either. You can but it's not the smartest argument to make.

Elway got VERY lucky to finally have a good team surround him to get that first and second ring. If not I'm sure plenty of folks wouldn't have put the guy in the top 10. Brady should be #2 and careful he's not #1. Even the Pats Dynasty was not as dominant has those niner's teams were. I bet Brady would've won the same and perhaps more championships with that team. Brady has the calm,coolness and intelligence that Montana had but a way better arm in my opinion. All Montana did was those dink and dunk passes under the brand spanking new west coast offense. Brady has a better arm....

If you take more into consideration than just rings that list would be very different.

I think it's too soon to put roethlisberger up there.

Just my top 3 for now..

1-Montana
1A- Brady
2-Elway

So Bob Griese and Ben Roethlisberger are better than Peyton Manning and Dan Marino??!! LMAO

Also, just off the top of my head your QB (Jim Kelly) is better than some of the guys you listed.

Didn't see this!! Agree 100%!

Peyton's legacy is done like dinner.

After Sunday- fringe top 15-20 guy.

You can have your Manning- I'll take every SB winning QB other than Rypien/Hostetler/Dilfer before him.

WOW....... Next thing I'll see is your name in that list??

Top 12 In order

John Elway
Joe Montana
Troy Aikman
Otto Graham - did you ever see/throw the ball he played with ? :wtf:
Dan Marino
Tom Brady
Ben Roethlisberger
Terry Bradshaw
Johnny Unitas
Fran Tarkenton
Phil Simms
Peyton Manning

the most talented. if not for those Mr. Magoo :no moments could have been the goat.
Vinny Testaverde
This is a way better list. I do think Marino in many ways was a better QB than Brady is but I can not put Dan above him because you should include rings. If Brady had just one then I could do that but 3 rings and his post season record has to be considered so he's in my top 3. Marino is the best passer and pocket QB I've ever seen but Brady is very talented as well and has a lot of Hardware to back it up.

I love manning and brady because they prove a pocket QB can still succeed in today's NFL. Even Aaron Rodgers who can scramble very well is a hell of a pocket QB and has a very similar lightning quick release as Danny did....

Of course, all is a matter of opinion because different eras different rules, different type of athletes. But think its:

Montana
Brady
Unitas
Manning
Elway/Marino

I see you're only going by rings,any NFL PRO with some intelligence will tell you that's ignorant. Start by taking Steve Young out of there who fortunately for him landed with the Niners. He was a nobody before landing there. ...
I disagree. Steve Young was an excellent NFL quarterback, who made the mistake of accepting a USFL contract when he came out of college. Then there were years in Tampa Bay where nobody was going to succeed as QB. He played behind Montana for several years, mostly on the bench. The 49er's didn't lose a step when Joe Montana left and Young became the starter. Young added the extra dimension of mobility to the West Coast offense. Young could have had many more successful seasons in places like San Diego or Oakland if they didn't have established quarterbacks at the time.

I disagree. Steve Young was an excellent NFL quarterback, who made the mistake of accepting a USFL contract when he came out of college. Then there were years in Tampa Bay where nobody was going to succeed as QB. He played behind Montana for several years, mostly on the bench. The 49er's didn't lose a step when Joe Montana left and Young became the starter. Young added the extra dimension of mobility to the West Coast offense. Young could have had many more successful seasons in places like San Diego or Oakland if they didn't have established quarterbacks at the time.

What exactly did Young do before San Fran??? Who was he in Tampa? Many QB's could've succeeded in Young's shoes, that's how COMPLETE the Niners were. I have tried to see it your way and I can not. Sorry. I'm not saying my opinion is fact either :)

49ers would have had no Bowman, no Iupati, and a hobbled Frank Gore had they beat Seattle.

Their secondary is not Seattle's secondary.

49ers would have had no Bowman, no Iupati, and a hobbled Frank Gore had they beat Seattle.

Their secondary is not Seattle's secondary.

Denver would've played better vs San Fran but still lost.

Denver would've played better vs San Fran but still lost.
In this case I think Colin Kaepernick would have been the difference maker in the game. I'm not knocking Russell Wilson,because I like him a lot,but Wilson only had to play good enough for the Seahawks to win,Colin would really have to carry the 49ers for the 49ers to win because of the key injuries they had. With the Seahawks it was a team effort & any one of them could have been MVP. You would not have had the crowd noise with the 49ers as a factor & the Broncos would not have had that safety. The 12th man was as big a part of the Seahawks victory in New Jersey as the play on the field(did Manning EVER say "Omaha?").

It sounds like I may have been too harsh on Peyton, but that performance was so awful Sunday he torched his legacy for good in my eyes.

The reason I listed many QB's ahead of him- they have won just as many, if not more, big games that matter. In the NFL, those are the games that truly matter.

It sounds like I may have been too harsh on Peyton, but that performance was so awful Sunday he torched his legacy for good in my eyes.

The reason I listed many QB's ahead of him- they have won just as many, if not more, big games that matter. In the NFL, those are the games that truly matter.
We understand, you're a prisoner of the moment. :eek:

All of this legacy talk is amusing, since at least for now, his career is not done yet...

Elway,sure top 10,but top 3?Not in my book!Give me Manning,Marino,Montana,Brady,Bradshaw,Unitas,over him anytime.

I see you're only going by rings,any NFL PRO with some intelligence will tell you that's ignorant. Start by taking Steve Young out of there who fortunately for him landed with the Niners. He was a nobody before landing there. Remove Griese as well. Bob was an ok QB who was cerebral and didn't make the mistakes but he was never the difference maker. Just look at the season when he was injured.
Even if at the bottom 10, Marino and Manning should be in that list. Teams and especially defenses win championships.Even though a ring should be considered, you can't ignore the individual accomplishments and stats either. You can but it's not the smartest argument to make.

Elway got VERY lucky to finally have a good team surround him to get that first and second ring. If not I'm sure plenty of folks wouldn't have put the guy in the top 10. Brady should be #2 and careful he's not #1. Even the Pats Dynasty was not as dominant has those niner's teams were. I bet Brady would've won the same and perhaps more championships with that team. Brady has the calm,coolness and intelligence that Montana had but a way better arm in my opinion. All Montana did was those dink and dunk passes under the brand spanking new west coast offense. Brady has a better arm....

If you take more into consideration than just rings that list would be very different.

I think it's too soon to put roethlisberger up there.

Just my top 3 for now..

1-Montana
1A- Brady
2-Elway

IMO, the part I highlighted is right on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)