2013 NFL Playoffs/Super Bowl

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So if Hart5150 thinks Peyton's a playoff choke artist, what does that make Brett Favre?

Both have a SB ring, but blew another SB and squandered many a chance to make a run at a 3rd SB appearance.

Pretty much the same player, but I think Manning will actually retire when he retires.

Today was honestly the first time I've ever seen that statement (hence my over the top reaction :D). However, I have seen the reverse argument MANY times. I don't agree with that either, but that argument is much more valid, IMO.

I don't understand why the same thing isn't said of either Walsh or Montana. I think they were both top 3 at their respective jobs. I love Branch, Givens and Brown, but they're not Jerry Rice.

I know that I'm late to the party, but I want to nominate the Ravens/Broncos game as Game of the Year. What a hoot that was to watch!

I don't understand why the same thing isn't said of either Walsh or Montana. I think they were both top 3 at their respective jobs. I love Branch, Givens and Brown, but they're not Jerry Rice.

GREAT point!!!

Montana won without Walsh, and then the 49ers won without either of them (1994 with Young and Seifert).

I'm having a hard time picturing the Patriots doing that without Brady.

Hey I never said Brady was nothing.I said he is very,very,good.Bellichick has always had a mind for the offensive side.It didn't make much difference who was the OC the results were still good.Also anybody remember Matt Cassel as a Pat?The first team with an 11-5 record not to make the playoffs.It's a very good debate as far as I'm concerned,would love to see Brady play for anther team just so everyone would know the answer.

Hey I never said Brady was nothing.I said he is very,very,good.Bellichick has always had a mind for the offensive side.

I honestly never saw it until Brady was the Patriots quarterback

It didn't make much difference who was the OC the results were still good.

I think that you're now making my point for me. ;)

Also anybody remember Matt Cassel as a Pat?The first team with an 11-5 record not to make the playoffs.

This is a legitimate point, however that '08 team was still loaded with offensive talent. Also, as Hart pointed out earlier they were 5 games worse than the year before.

It's a very good debate as far as I'm concerned,would love to see Brady play for anther team just so everyone would know the answer.

Sorry, but I disagree. Brady is one of the greatest-if not THE greatest- QB's to ever play the game. Saying anything else is just disingenuous, IMO.

Bill Belichick Head Coaching Record

without Tom Brady:
Regular Season: 51-62
Postseason: 1-1

with Tom Brady:
Regular Season: 136-39
Postseason: 17-6

Numbers don't lie ;)

without Tom Brady:

with Tom Brady:

Numbers don't lie ;)

New England should cherish these moments because once Tom Brady calls it quits, the team is going to turn into another 9-7 hoping hoping to make the playoffs. We shall see...

New England should cherish these moments because once Tom Brady calls it quits, the team is going to turn into another 9-7 hoping hoping to make the playoffs. We shall see...

When Larry Bird announced his retirement from the Cetics, I didn't think I'd ever have that same sick feeling again. Ohhhh, was I wrong! :eek:

Brady has forever changed the New England sports landscape. You don't even know the mourning that will take place when #12 hangs 'em up! :(

So if Hart5150 thinks Peyton's a playoff choke artist, what does that make Brett Favre?

Both have a SB ring, but blew another SB and squandered many a chance to make a run at a 3rd SB appearance.

You know Peyton's only been to 1 Super Bowl and he won it, so really cant compare that to Favre. If your talking about choking then everybody would have that title. Manning, Favre, Brady and even Montana. Remember Montana's 49ers lost to the Vikings who they shouldnt have lost too. And lets not forget the game in which Montana was knocked out by Leonard Marshall. You can make the same comparsion with Kurt Warner as well. He won a Super Bowl and lost 2 of them yet he's probably a hall of famer and you'd probably take him over Favre. Warner was a NFL MVP 3 times.

without Tom Brady:

with Tom Brady:

Numbers don't lie ;)

Bottom line out of all of this is that when Belichick and/or Brady leave, retire, quit or whatever then you will appreciate the moments even more. Do you know how lucky Pats fans are to have Belichick and Brady? Whether you like them or not, whether Brady needs Belichick or vice versa, they have been successful. Im sure the Bills would have wanted something that? How about the Raiders?

As a Giants fan, I count my blessings for the 2 Super Bowl wins over the past 4 yrs. because I know I might never see another SB victory in my lifetime.

Silliest post I've read the last couple days.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

So you're implying Tom Brady has had little to do with the Patroits success for more than the past decade? I wonder how many Super Bowl's the Patriots would have played in without him at the helm. Also, you appear to be advocating that New England fans should not cherish Tom Brady's twilight years on the team? As much as I like the Pats, if you pull Tom Brady out of their lineup they are a 9-7 team; their defense is adequate and there is no way their offense performs anywhere close to thier current level.

Tom Brady is a New England treasure and Patriot fans should cherish his final playing years because they will miss him when his playing days are over. There is nothing silly about this statement. ;)

You know Peyton's only been to 1 Super Bowl and he won it, so really cant compare that to Favre.
The Colts lost to the Saints three years ago.

Bottom line out of all of this is that when Belichick and/or Brady leave, retire, quit or whatever then you will appreciate the moments even more. Do you know how lucky Pats fans are to have Belichick and Brady? Whether you like them or not, whether Brady needs Belichick or vice versa, they have been successful. Im sure the Bills would have wanted something that? How about the Raiders?
If the Patriots win the SB this year, I think the return of Josh McDaniels will be seen as one of the important reasons why....

Re: 2012-13 NFL Playoffs

Imo Favre and manning are the same, they both choke in the playoffs, they both have a big ego and they both are media darlings.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

All you fat ass armchair quarterbacks accusing these pros of choking crack me up. How many NFL playoff games have any of you won? You fools need to put a sock in it before you choke over your next beer. Lol. :D

I know I will rejoice when Brady retires!!Too many nightmares of him vs the Eagles,Panthers,and Dolphins!!

I can't help but be bitter towards him though.He had 2 rules specifically instated because of plays he was in.The hit below the knees that injured him (this one I agree with) and,the infamous tuck rule.I always felt that Brady got special treatment because of that.Add to that don't touch a qb's helmet rule:rolleyes: I will never ever forget Trent Cole's pinky finger sliding across Manning's helmet for a 15 yard penalty that led to a TD.Both Brady and Manning got special treatment with that rule.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)