2013 NFL Playoffs/Super Bowl

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Seeing that I am a Raider fan... DO I think this Tuck Rule was a vindictive way for the NFL to get back at Al Davis with all the lawsuits? Naaahhh... But considering the history between Al and the NFL, and weird sh!7 that sometimes happens in Raider games...even the biggest anti-conspiracy theorist would sit there and say... "wooooowwww...."

Before 2001, you'd be hard pressed to find a team that "weird sh!7" happened to more than the Patriots. Maybe we should compare scars sometime. ;)

It's a terrible rule that should have never been created. But until it decides in a playoff game or Super Bowl against of the 'chosen teams', the NFL will not do anything.

I agree- AWFUL rule
I don't know who the "chosen teams" are. But again, it certainly wasn't the Patriots when they stepped on the field that fateful night.

Hell, even the NFL Fox rules guy, the former head of the refs, says it's na incredibly stupid and useless rule.

Periera was calling for the rule to be changed two years ago. However, he is on record as saying the call was correct in relation to the rules.

New Englad was lucky that it happened to the Raiders and not them... They took advantage and a jump started a dynasty.

It did "happen" to them. Ben Dreith, Sugar Bear Hamilton- 1976. And ironically enough, the Raiders went on to win their first Super Bowl

Again, I'm not arguing that the rule isn't BS....because it clearly is. But what has always bothered me about that play is what was NOT called, and that is roughing the passer on Charles Woodson. The replay CLEARLY shows Woodson hit Brady on the side of his helmet, Brady's head jerks to the left and he then loses the ball.

Last edited:
Before 2001, you'd be hard pressed to find a team that "weird sh!7" happened to more than the Patriots. Maybe we should compare scars sometime. ;)

Again, I'm not arguing that the rule isn't BS....because it clearly is. But what has always bothered me about that play is what was NOT called, and that is roughing the passer on Charles Woodson. The replay CLEARLY shows Woodson hit Brady on the side of his helmet, Brady's head jerks to the left and he then loses the ball.

I will respectfully disagree with roughing the passer call. I have seen the video 100s of times. His head jerks back because he was hit in the back....an natural reaction when a QB is hit unexpectedly from behind.

I will respectfully disagree with roughing the passer call. I have seen the video 100s of times. His head jerks back because he was hit in the back....an natural reaction when a QB is hit unexpectedly from behind.

Don't get me wrong, I think it would have been an AWFUL call (RTP)considering the situation. But I have seen some bad ones called (1976 being at the TOP of the list). ;)

Don't get me wrong, I think it would have been an AWFUL call (RTP)considering the situation. But I have seen some bad ones called (1976 being at the TOP of the list). ;)

OH...REGARDLESS of the game or circumstances, RTP is RTP. It should not matter the type of game, so long as it is an obvious one.

It's widely known that Tom Brady has more postseason wins than any quarterback in NFL history. But did you realize his opponent on Sunday is going for the all-time high for postseason road wins? Joe Flacco is currently tied with Eli Manning with five wins each........can you say underrated??

The Patriots are currently the leader for all-time home playoff winning pct. (minimum 10 home playoff games) at .824 (14-3), and the Ravens are the leader for all-time road playoff winning pct. (min. 10 road playoff games) at .615 (8-5)

It's widely known that Tom Brady has more postseason wins than any quarterback in NFL history. But did you realize his opponent on Sunday is going for the all-time high for postseason road wins? Joe Flacco is currently tied with Eli Manning with five wins each........can you say underrated??

The Patriots are currently the leader for all-time home playoff winning pct. (minimum 10 home playoff games) at .824 (14-3), and the Ravens are the leader for all-time road playoff winning pct. (min. 10 road playoff games) at .615 (8-5)

I knew this factoid...that's why I predicted Flacco and Co. had a great shot at beating the fat-faced/horse-faced duo of Manning/Elway on the road last weekend. Although the Flacco/Lewis/Rice connection is riding high, I doubt they have enough firepower to get past Brady and Crew up in Foxborough. Ray Lewis retires this weekend.

Looking forward to tomorrow, championship Sunday is one of the best sporting days of the year :)

Tom Brady made a stop to see his family today before the big game. besttheravens.JPG

Everyone is counting out the Ravens and Falcons in today's games. However, I have the feeling both games are going to be very, very close. In fact, my upset game O' De Day is Atlanta over San Francisco. Yep! I think the Falcons will surprise everyone outside of Georgia with a huge home victory. Elsewhere, I think Tom Brady and the New England Patriots will be too much for Ray Lewis and his farewell tour. I'm sure the NFL ratings guys are cheering for a San Francisco vs. New England Superbowl, and fearing an Atlanta vs. Baltimore Super Bowl.

Almost kickoff time...we shall see.

Everyone is counting out the Ravens and Falcons in today's games. However, I have the feeling both games are going to be very, very close. In fact, my upset game O' De Day is Atlanta over San Francisco. Yep! I think the Falcons will surprise everyone outside of Georgia with a huge home victory. Elsewhere, I think Tom Brady and the New England Patriots will be too much for Ray Lewis and his farewell tour. I'm sure the NFL ratings guys are cheering for a San Francisco vs. New England Superbowl, and fearing an Atlanta vs. Baltimore Super Bowl.

Almost kickoff time...we shall see.

I agree on all counts. In fact, I also picked the Falcons and Patriots.

Hindsight being 20/20, I think it was a big mistake by Harbaugh to defer the opening kickoff on the road. Sure enough, Ryan drove the Falcons down the field to put the Niners in an early hole.

Wow falcons, coming out strong

Falcons up 24-14 at halftime. Now, if only they can shake the ghosts of Falcons past. Harbaugh is great at making halftime adjustments...but it will be enough with a rookie QB? The reason I picked the Falcons was because, unlike Green Bay, the Falcons have experience playing the running-passing type QBs; they faced RGIII and Cam Newton twice this season. I don't think Kaepernick will be able to beat the Falcons by himself. We shall see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts