2013 NFL Playoffs/Super Bowl

If it hadn't been for those 2 wins the Broncos would have remained on the dubious list of Super Bowl team failures.Buffalo and Minnesota.

If I want to post who I want to win throughout the playoffs including Super Bowl 47, do we post it here or somewhere else?

Betting odds released last week from Las Vegas had the Broncos as 5-2 co-favorites with the Patriots to win the Super Bowl. But the numbers-crunchers at Football Outsiders have a different way to look at Denver’s chances.

After playing out 50,000 NFL playoff simulations, and compiling the data from those virtual scenarios, the site determined that the Broncos have a 26.2 percent chance of winning the Super Bowl — the best percentage among playoff teams. New England is No. 2 at 24.3 percent.

Team Conf app Conf win SB win
DEN 71.0% 42.1% 26.2%
NE 78.1% 40.7% 24.3%
SF 59.8% 31.4% 14.3%
SEA 33.0% 19.7% 10.3%
Also, there’s a 13.2 percent chance the Broncos play the San Francisco 49ers (in a rematch of Super Bowl XXIV after the 1989 season), according to Football Outsiders — that’s the highest percentage chance among possible title-game matchups.

And there’s a scant 2.8 percent chance of a Broncos Super Bowl matchup against Mike Shanahan and Washington.

Football Outisders playoff odds report.http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds

Betting odds released last week from Las Vegas had the Broncos as 5-2 co-favorites with the Patriots to win the Super Bowl. But the numbers-crunchers at Football Outsiders have a different way to look at Denver’s chances.

After playing out 50,000 NFL playoff simulations, and compiling the data from those virtual scenarios, the site determined that the Broncos have a 26.2 percent chance of winning the Super Bowl — the best percentage among playoff teams. New England is No. 2 at 24.3 percent.

Team Conf app Conf win SB win
DEN 71.0% 42.1% 26.2%
NE 78.1% 40.7% 24.3%
SF 59.8% 31.4% 14.3%
SEA 33.0% 19.7% 10.3%
Also, there’s a 13.2 percent chance the Broncos play the San Francisco 49ers (in a rematch of Super Bowl XXIV after the 1989 season), according to Football Outsiders — that’s the highest percentage chance among possible title-game matchups.

And there’s a scant 2.8 percent chance of a Broncos Super Bowl matchup against Mike Shanahan and Washington.

Football Outisders playoff odds report.http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds

I think it's unusual that the top two percentages come from the same conference. It must be because they think the NFC has better competition, and is therefore more wide open.

Three other teams stood out to me on that chart:

Seattle- Don't get me wrong, I like them. But they are too high, IMO. Yes, they are red hot, but they have to win three road games (unless they meet the Vikings in the NFCCG) and they're not exactly known as road warriors. I think the recent trend of lower seeds making Super Bowl runs definitely contributes to their rating.

Green Bay- way too low. IMO, they are the team to beat in the NFC

Houston- Even though I picked them to lose today, 0.09% to win the Super Bowl with their talent? Seriously? Their recent collapse, and the fact that they would have to win in Foxboro and probably Denver definitely makes them longshots. But not 0.09% longshots.

Here is your "are you fricking kidding me" stat

So after Sunday's Viking game the news people said about the Vikings chances in the playoffs
"Well the Vikings have never lost to the Pack in Green Bay in the playoffs"

The teams have met ONCE in Green Bay.....

Thats about as asinine as the weather terrorists saying (after we get a foot of snow) that we got "alot of snow"

I am not a betting man..but I cannot stress how tempting betting on the Vikes is. In Vegas, a $100 bet to have the Vikes go all the way will win ya $3000 bucks.

You spend more on 1 night of dinner in Vegas than that!

Christian Ponder is listed as questionable for tonight's game. If Ponder can't go, Joe Webb will start at QB for the Vikings.

Yes but Cincinnati intercepted and took it for a TD :) I am just hoping for good games this weekend and the whole playoffs :)

Cincy and Daulton looked terrible on Offense today, going 0-9 on third downs just ain't gonna get it done ...

Houston moving on to NE next week, hoping for a better showing than the last time the played.

Texans advance to play in Foxboro next Sunday.

Let the 2010 Jets-Pats/2012 Texans-Pats comparisons commence in the media. :rolleyes:

There you go. that's why I picked Houston because Cincy makes too many bonehead plays.. Bill, Houston looking like the frauds I've been calling them for most of the season. Luckily they played Cincy. It ends next week..

Texans advance to play in Foxboro next Sunday.

Let the 2010 Jets-Pats/2012 Texans-Pats comparisons commence in the media. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts