Status
Not open for further replies.

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
12 weeks til training camp! :eek:

I'd like to officially welcome the two newest members of the Eastern Conference- the Red Wings and Blue Jackets. So long and good luck, Winnipeg Jets....we hardly knew ye! :)

12 weeks til training camp! :eek:

I'd like to officially welcome the two newest members of the Eastern Conference- the Red Wings and Blue Jackets. So long and good luck, Winnipeg Jets....we hardly knew ye! :)

Yes you did,when they were the Atlanta Thrashers:),however it was stupid to keep them in the same division after they moved to Winnipeg. It would have been easier to just switch them with the Nashville Predators,however EVERYBODY(ok,just the Detroit Red Wings & Columbus Blue Jackets) seemed to want to move east,so that's why logic didn't rule in keeping the Jets where they were the past two seasons. Now we have a whole new set up & the Florida Panthers & Tampa Bay Lightning are pi$$ed. What will happen to this house of cards if the Phoenix Coyotes end up in Quebec & not Seattle as assumed?

Ramy.. you're a few hours from Columbus..ever make the trek to see some games? A family friend is teaching at Arizona State next year..might go down and catch some games on the cheap...

Cheers, K

Cheap as inexpensive tickets. Habs tickets range from 500$ to 75$

Yes you did,when they were the Atlanta Thrashers:),however it was stupid to keep them in the same division after they moved to Winnipeg. It would have been easier to just switch them with the Nashville Predators,however EVERYBODY(ok,just the Detroit Red Wings & Columbus Blue Jackets) seemed to want to move east,so that's why logic didn't rule in keeping the Jets where they were the past two seasons. Now we have a whole new set up & the Florida Panthers & Tampa Bay Lightning are pi$$ed. What will happen to this house of cards if the Phoenix Coyotes end up in Quebec & not Seattle as assumed?

Detroit in the West had to have been one of the dumbest allignment issues

It's hard to believe that at one time,the Montreal Canadiens were the Boston Celtics & New York Yankees of the NHL. I wonder if they'll ever recapture that persona?

It's hard to believe that at one time,the Montreal Canadiens were the Boston Celtics & New York Yankees of the NHL. I wonder if they'll ever recapture that persona?

Then expansion, salary cap, new CBAs came about.... Back then 95% of NHL players were Canadian, now its about 55%.

Montreal is in a great position now. Quality management, excellent farm team, 6 picks in next draft and a ton of prospects already ligned up.

Unlike Pittsburgh who needed to tank 4-5 years to get top draft picks, finishing last isnt an option in Montreal. At the end of the 2012, most Habs management were chased out of town for finishing last.

Cheers, K

Ramy.. you're a few hours from Columbus..ever make the trek to see some games? A family friend is teaching at Arizona State next year..might go down and catch some games on the cheap...

Cheers, K

Cheap as inexpensive tickets. Habs tickets range from 500$ to 75$

I have not. I would like to eventually though.

I believe it. Maurice and Henri Richard, Jean Beliveau and others were easily the best team in the NHL.

Ramy.. you're a few hours from Columbus..ever make the trek to see some games?

I have been to many games in Columbus. Very nice venue to watch a game. If you ever get a chance you should make the trip one day to see your favorite team play.

Can't wait to see what the Blue Jackets do with their 3 first round picks this year. Supposed to be a loaded draft so this is the year to have so many picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)