2014 FIFA World Cup Official Thread

How did I miss this?

Jurgen Klinsmann not amused by U.S.-Belgium pitch invader at World Cup
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...-by-u-s--belgium-pitch-invader-203452512.html

Sounds like the only exciting thing that has happened during the match so far.

indaver.jpg

Oh...so close.

Late minute drama and a Julian Green goal was not enough for the American Outlaws as Belgium escapes with a 2-1 win after extra time. Tim Howard with 16 saves.

What a game for Tim Howard, you can see reading his lips during the game, was a bit unhappy with his defense support

What a game for Tim Howard, you can see reading his lips during the game, was a bit unhappy with his defense support

Can you blame him. Howard HAD to make 16 saves and there were 29 shots on goal. There is alot of complaints as to how Klinsman set up his lineup throughout the tournament.

I can't believe how close the USA came. They were outplayed and still gave themselves a chance to win. I'm very impressed and proud with this team.

They need to get rid of the coach. They should have never hired him in the first place.

Anyone who thinks the US should dump Jurgen Klinsmann is a fool. He is arguably the best coach the US has had for a while. He has experience under his belt both as a star player and a high profile coach. He is the moral compass to this team. He knows what he is doing. Honestly, if Bob Bradley (the last coach for the US) was coaching this WC for the US, we would probably have gotten zero points from that group. People are saying that Jurgen is too much of a risk-maker and he is a jerk, but I understand the decisions that he's made during the course of his tenure here are quite reasonable. He's made the team a lot better both on the field and off the field. I give him lots of credit for the success this year and I really hope he stays for Russia 2018 because he's grooming a very dangerous team for the new era of US soccer.

Reactions: salsadancer7
Anyone who thinks the US should dump Jurgen Klinsmann is a fool. He is arguably the best coach the US has had for a while. He has experience under his belt both as a star player and a high profile coach. He is the moral compass to this team. He knows what he is doing. Honestly, if Bob Bradley (the last coach for the US) was coaching this WC for the US, we would probably have gotten zero points from that group. People are saying that Jurgen is too much of a risk-maker and he is a jerk, but I understand the decisions that he's made during the course of his tenure here are quite reasonable. He's made the team a lot better both on the field and off the field. I give him lots of credit for the success this year and I really hope he stays for Russia 2018 because he's grooming a very dangerous team for the new era of US soccer.

They just dont have that ONE GUY that you can honestly say, "just give Messi the ball and get the F#@% out of the way...."

...and Howard was very good FC Bayern Munich, but now he is a STAR...

They just dont have that ONE GUY that you can honestly say, "just give Messi the ball and get the F#@% out of the way...."

...and Howard was very good FC Bayern Munich, but now he is a STAR...

You're right, they don't have that ONE player but they still have a good group of talent. Losing Altidore hurt the team. I believe if he had played he would have helped account for at least one extra goal. My only grievance with Jurgen was the fact that he didn't include Donovan. He's a smart man and knows more about soccer than I could ever hope so I'm going to trust that he made the right choice. It just seems hard to believe that Donovan wouldn't have been able to help this team.

It wasn't Klinsmann's fault that Jozy Altidore got hurt . . . or Bob Bradley didn't take charge the way he was expected to do . . . or Clint Dempsey played at far below effectiveness because he sustained a broken nose . . . or the defenders didn't have the skills and the confidence to make effective clearing passes when confronted with the likes of Christiano Ronaldo, Thomas Muller, et. al.

The U.S. defied expectations to get out of the "Group of Death" and make it to the round of 16, which European powers Portugal, Spain, England and Italy failed to do, and lost to an all-star Belgium side by one goal. I'd say Jurgen Klinsmann deserves a lot of credit for that.

Reactions: cosmo_kramer
You're right, they don't have that ONE player but they still have a good group of talent. Losing Altidore hurt the team. I believe if he had played he would have helped account for at least one extra goal. My only grievance with Jurgen was the fact that he didn't include Donovan. He's a smart man and knows more about soccer than I could ever hope so I'm going to trust that he made the right choice. It just seems hard to believe that Donovan wouldn't have been able to help this team.

Scherrman, I think, IMHO, you are playing the results. IF Klinsman knew he might have these injuries, I think he would have selected him. AND he was worried about the future more than the USMNT past. This kid he picked up instead, the 19 year old German kid, Julian Green, is one of the future stars of the USMNT... and more than likely play for the US than Germany in international play.

Scherrman, I think, IMHO, you are playing the results. IF Klinsman knew he might have these injuries, I think he would have selected him. AND he was worried about the future more than the USMNT past. This kid he picked up instead, the 19 year old German kid, Julian Green, is one of the future stars of the USMNT... and more than likely play for the US than Germany in international play.

I don't have a problem with his choice. Like I said, he's knows what he's doing. I grew up watching Donovan and he's always been my favorite player. We're about the same age. It just seems like he still had enough talent to help the team out but I understand the planning for the future strategy. I think Jurgen has done a wonderful job with this team.

I hope Kinsman continues as the coach, leading the team for Russia 2018.
Qualifying for a WC is not always that easy (ask the Mexican team who just barely made it this time) as you know it´s a 2 year process just for qualifying.
And then getting the desired results in the actual WC is even harder, even when theoretically things should work out fine then in the WC things may turn out different for a number of reasons (for example Spain this year, just to mention one team).

The Open - Golf!

NFL 2015 OFF Season Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)