2014 NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that it is still early in the playoffs,but,IF(big if) the San Antonio Spurs were to meet the Indiana Pacers in the NBA finals,would this be the first time that 2 former ABA teams have faced each other in the finals?

I know that it is still early in the playoffs,but,IF(big if) the San Antonio Spurs were to meet the Indiana Pacers in the NBA finals,would this be the first time that 2 former ABA teams have faced each other in the finals?

I believe so. I don't think there's ever been a matchup involving the Spurs/Nets/Pacers/Nuggets in the Finals.

Monday's schedule

Wizards at Pacers- 7:00pm ET (TNT)- Game 1
Clippers at Thunder- 9:30pm ET (TNT)- Game 1

Last edited:
Plausible but I doubt it. To screw his wife (pun) he could've sold the team to his son for a 1$
She could easily stop that. California is a community property state, and the team was bought long after they were married. If he tried that, a half competant lawyer would end up getting her full ownership of the team and him nothing.

Second round predictions:

Heat in 5
Wizards in 6
Spurs in 7
Clippers in 6

LOL.....I was just reading another forum, and some brainiac was saying that the crowd at Hawks games was better than the crowd at Heat games. It was literally one of the silliest things I've ever read on one of these forums!

LOL.....I was just reading another forum, and some brainiac was saying that the crowd at Hawks games was better than the crowd at Heat games. It was literally one of the silliest things I've ever read on one of these forums!
worse cities for sports fans they both get high marks along with Houston imo

Atlanta I agree with, but not Miami.

Miami fans, in reality are no better than any other fans. IF you think the fans would show up after the Boston Celtics went 16-69, or the New York Yankees went 62-100 or the Denver Broncos went 1-15 or the Detroit Red Wings went 15-50-17 with great weather year round....your are living in a imaginary universe.

Those teams have A MINIMUM of almost 30 years of history(Denver Broncos) and only New York have more people moving to it than those I mentioned in the previous sentence. No other city has more fans to the opposing teams like Miami because of all the transplanted fans.

Finally, if they would show the TRUE fans of Miami, the ones that sit in the upper levels that save their $$$ to HOPEFULLY get in a game or two in the playoffs, instead of the uber rich that sometimes goes to game to be seen, instead to be a fan...then MAYBE Miami fans would not get the BS reputation they have gotten.

I lived down here when it was ONLY the Dolphins(70s). Every baseball fan was either a Braves fan(due to TBS that could be seen on channel 33) or a Orioles fan(Orioles did their spring training in Miami). Basketball was BARELY liked down here and I grew up a 76ers fan. Hockey, forget it.

Tuesday's schedule

Nets at Heat- 7:00pm ET (TNT)- Game 1
Trail Blazers at Spurs- 9:30pm ET (TNT)- Game 1

I am SOO impressed with the Wizards. IF they get through the Pacers, which I have a strange feeling they will, they will be as battle tested in these playoffs as ANY team going into the Finals. But one thing they have done which I have seen TOO much from this Wizards team is that they keep away WAY too early in the fourth quarter. Yesterday, with over 5 minutes left, they were trying to "take the are out of the ball" way too early. RUN YOUR DAMN offense and DO NOT take the foot off the other teams throat.

I am SOO impressed with the Wizards. IF they get through the Pacers, which I have a strange feeling they will, they will be as battle tested in these playoffs as ANY team going into the Finals. But one thing they have done which I have seen TOO much from this Wizards team is that they keep away WAY too early in the fourth quarter. Yesterday, with over 5 minutes left, they were trying to "take the are out of the ball" way too early. RUN YOUR DAMN offense and DO NOT take the foot off the other teams throat.

I was thinking the same thing watching them last night. Very impressive young team, but they seem to lack that killer instinct. I still like them to take this series, because the Pacers do nothing for me.

I was thinking the same thing watching them last night. Very impressive young team, but they seem to lack that killer instinct. I still like them to take this series, because the Pacers do nothing for me.

0 points, 0 rebounds 5 fouls and 3 TO in 17 minutes for the supposed best center in the East just 2 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A look at the new Sportcenter Studio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)