2014 NFL off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
His 10 year mark is an exaggeration. Id' say in 20 if they continue down this path.

Cuban wishes the NBA had the popularity of the NFL. He's just mad that the Mavericks are like pea on a 10 lane highway compared to the NFL team in his own town.

The NBA plays 82 regular season games and about 65 of them are completely meaningless.

The NFL plays regular season games on Sunday, Monday and Thursdays, hardly every day of the week. The product has never been more popular and is still ascending.

I wonder what the reaction would of been when the league went from 12 to 14 games and than to 16, if message boards, twitter or ESPN existed than.

It wouldn't surprise me that they are looking to expand to more days a week.

I agree with Mark, not that it will implode, but that more than 3 days a week is tooo much, the now own Sunday and Monday which is fine, we all grew up that way, they recently added Thursday, as far as I'm concerned, thats fine ... however, I rarely watch the Thursday game unless it involves My team ... or I find nothing else on, so already they have lost this person for most of the 3rd day schedule, if they decide to add more days, Wednesday or Friday for example, I can see them moving to Fridays, hopefully ONLY after HS football is over.

College football is on at points in the season on 3 days a week, which is fine, it gives teams not in well known a chance to showcase them, you don't see the top 20 teams playing on Tuesday night.

With the NFL the extra night(s) will not be for exposure purpose.

I guess I am against expanding the NFL to more nights.

I also think it will make scheduling a nightmare ...

While were on it, lets QUIT with all these Pro teams in ALL Sports having regular season games outside of North America, if Buffalo wants to play in Canada, fine at least it's not across the pond.

Those across the pond have no real desire to have a team over there.

Nah stick a fork in Schaub,he's done.His confidence is broken,going to the Raiders is most likely his final stop in the NFL.So poor Raiders I say.

Being a Raider fan... I will take a wait a see approach. Alot of people said the same thing whne they picked up some noodle-armed QB named Rich Gannon.

Being a Raider fan... I will take a wait a see approach. Alot of people said the same thing whne they picked up some noodle-armed QB named Rich Gannon.

Hey, Rich took you to a Super Bowl and he was a MVP correct?

Raiders...I always think of the silver and black with Lyle Alzado,Marcus Allen,Jim Plunkett..etc..Respected franchise...Do think Carson Palmer would have been a good fit if given the right weapons!..Matt Schaub..Hmmm.

Even with a unhealthy O-Line, an glass chin RB in McFadden and a very inexperienced WR core...he put up decent numbers. He went to a team that had a better defense, better line and Larry Fitzgerald...and you see the end results.

Like Tebow in NY, Sanchez never got a fair shot to keep his job in 2013 as Ryan's stupidity during the pre-season ended his season.
I wish Sanchez well and hope he gives his first TD ball against the Jets to Ryan.

Oh he got a fair shot...he just didn't have weapons whatsoever and a sometimes a very injured O-Line. Now if you say THAT is part of not given a "fair shot"...then, yes I would agree.

I agree with Mr. Cuban here 100%. On a positive note, the new president of the NFL PA has said while he's there, the NFL will never have an 18 game regular season schedule. :up

You know the 18 games would not bug me if they eliminated pe-season all together. I mean the college ranks have no preseason and have no issues coming up with the roster needed.

You know the 18 games would not bug me if they eliminated pe-season all together. I mean the college ranks have no preseason and have no issues coming up with the roster needed.
you don't have to play them 18 games :D

thought 14 was enough going to 16 they axed 2 pre season games and by then it was a full time job in the area of fitness. 18 games would be 50% more than Jim Brown a season.

comparing college with the NFL is not on target imo the good college teams have pre season on the little sisters of the poor anyway.

Again,I hope for you Raider fans that Schaub works out well.It would be a great resurrection for his career.As to Gannon,he had something Schaub doesn't,a running attack.

you don't have to play them 18 games :D

thought 14 was enough going to 16 they axed 2 pre season games and by then it was a full time job in the area of fitness. 18 games would be 50% more than Jim Brown a season.

comparing college with the NFL is not on target imo the good college teams have pre season on the little sisters of the poor anyway.

There have been significant changes to offseason and inseason workouts/practices that will make nfl seasons already less taxing on a player.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

There have been significant changes to offseason and inseason workouts/practices that will make nfl seasons already less taxing on a player.

Yes they have,they are also considering expanding the roster for Thursday night games by 4,that will help teams on a short week.

Again,I hope for you Raider fans that Schaub works out well.It would be a great resurrection for his career.As to Gannon,he had something Schaub doesn't,a running attack.

Last season, yes, if I am correct, Foster was out quite a bit.

But I am sort of surprised as to how many think Schaub is done after only one bad season. I did not want Schaub and wanted Vick instead. Then draft Carr and slowly groom him. I thought Sanchez was an option as well. But, it is what it is and as a fan of your team, you really do not have a say on WHO your team picks up.

Yeah but college kids are ages 18-22 and therefore can start playing probably the day they are told they are on the team.

that's very easy for one who doesn't play to say. we certainly don't see the players with their hands up saying bring it on.
imo this sport is as hard on the body/brain as boxing they cut it back to 12 rounds 30 years ago. if this happens it's health of the players be damned give us the $$.

If players had a vote they wouldn't play Thursday nights either and I would side with them. It's not laziness, it's the physicality involved when you play in the NFL that doesn't compare to college or pretty much any other professional sport here in the U.S.

Oh he got a fair shot...he just didn't have weapons whatsoever and a sometimes a very injured O-Line. Now if you say THAT is part of not given a "fair shot"...then, yes I would agree.

How did Sanchez get a shot at keeping his job if he was on the IR the entire season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Van Wieren

Gumble's grumble about LaRussa's HoF induction

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts