2014 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers is out for the moment as he further injures his left calf. That could be a big break for the Lions. 14-7 Packers at halftime.

Johnny Manziel's future with Browns in doubt
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/12/28/7456993/johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns-quarterback-2015
Ya think?

Johnny Manziel reportedly throws big Friday party, leading to more trouble
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-...party--leading-to-more-trouble-165709375.html
Is it a bad time to bring up "He Who Shall Not Be Named(Tim Tebow)" as far as character goes?

Hey Cleveland Browns,look on the bright side. At least he hasn't punched out his girlfriend or beat a kid with a stick(or shot himself in the leg at a nightclub).
Another QB bust in Cleveland what a shocker

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I slept through this & missed it.
Did Ndamukong Suh step on Aaron Rodgers twice on purpose?
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-...aaron-rodgers-twice-on-purpose-002410086.html

Some things never change for the Lions,didn't their center do this last week? I'll bet the same result/consequence of that action will be applied to Suh by the NFL. Ah you didn't really need Suh to play next week in the play-offs anyway did you?

I slept through this & missed it.
Did Ndamukong Suh step on Aaron Rodgers twice on purpose?
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-...aaron-rodgers-twice-on-purpose-002410086.html

Some things never change for the Lions,didn't their center do this last week? I'll bet the same result/consequence of that action will be applied to Suh by the NFL. Ah you didn't really need Suh to play next week in the play-offs anyway did you?
Did you see the play or did you just make your assumptions from looking at the headlines ?

He was pushed and backed up and stepped on him ....

Even the Official review ref guy said he didn't see intent.

Just because its the Lions, doesn't mean it was intentional.

Did you see the play or did you just make your assumptions from looking at the headlines ?

He was pushed and backed up and stepped on him ....

Even the Official review ref guy said he didn't see intent.

Just because its the Lions, doesn't mean it was intentional.
But they said that Suh stepped on Rogers TWICE. The first unintentional,but the second questionable. The NFL will closely review the tapes & decide. No matter what I think,the NFL is the final authority on the matter.

I can't wait for the day someone has enough of Suh and goes Riola on his knees. He deserves it.

Loser player, Loser team.
He'll be playing for the Jets by then ... maybe the Raiders.
Jets have been interested in him for awhile now, or potentially where ever Ryan lands.

He'll be playing for the Jets by then ... maybe the Raiders.
Jets have been interested in him for awhile now, or potentially where ever Ryan lands.

Now I haven't watched every Lions game, just their national games and the game against the Patriots. I have to admit, I wasn't really that impressed with him. If someone wants to pay him qb money I think that would be a mistake.

But they said that Suh stepped on Rogers TWICE. The first unintentional,but the second questionable. The NFL will closely review the tapes & decide. No matter what I think,the NFL is the final authority on the matter.
That's the way I saw it....The right foot may have been accidental, but the left foot clearly wasn't...

Ndamukong Suh suspended for stepping on Aaron Rodgers
The Lions defensive tackle appeared to intentionally step on the ankle of the Packers quarterback during Sunday's battle for the NFC North title.One of the biggest stories to come out of Week 17 was Ndamukong Suh stepping on the ankle of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. For his actions, the league has suspended Suh without pay for the Detroit Lions' wild card game this Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys, per a report by ESPN's Chris Mortensen.During the second half of the NFC North-deciding game between the Lions and Packers, Rodgers took a hit after connecting with Jordy Nelson for a key first down. While on the ground, Suh stepped on Rodgers' ankle with his right foot before stepping off and replacing it with his left. At that point, according to a league statement, Suh began "applying pressure and unnecessarily pushing off Rodgers' unprotected leg with his left foot, violating playing rules prohibiting unnecessary roughness."In his letter to Suh, NFL Vice President of Football Operations Merton Hanks wrote, "You did not respond in the manner of someone who had lost his balance and accidentally contacted another player who was lying on the ground. This illegal contact, specifically the second step and push off with your left foot, clearly could have been avoided." Hanks added "you unnecessarily stepped on your opponent's unprotected leg as he lay on the ground unable to protect himself."Suh is expected to appeal the suspension on Tuesday.
star.png
Rodgers' Response
star.png

Packer reacts to getting stepped on by Suh
Intentional or not, Suh has done little in his career to warrant the benefit of the doubt. Three years ago he was ejected from a game after stomping on the arm of then-Packers guard Evan Dietrich-Smith. Suh has also been criticized for delivering late hits such as this one on Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Chad Henne.
Here are a couple views of Suh's ankle step from Sunday: https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/hG...loads/chorus_asset/file/2885332/suhstep.0.gif
suh2.0.gif
Suh's actions come one week after teammate Dominic Raiola stomped on the ankle of Chicago Bears defensive lineman Ego Ferguson. Raiola was suspended one game for the infraction and will return this weekend when the Lions travel to Dallas. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/12...suh-lions-stomp-aaron-rodgers-playoff-cowboys He deserved suspension longer for his past actions along with this and needs to be out of football!! imo :)

Now that Harbaugh is just about a done deal in Michigan, I am hoping the Raiders go after the Colts OC, Pep Hamilton...then if THAT does not work out, I would not mind Jack Del Rio and THAT does not work out...and still around, Rex Ryan.

I saw that play live yesterday and my wife and I both said it looked intentional.

Glad he's suspended for the wild card game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)