2014 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be something they're coached to do over there....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, it's not teached by the current coaches, remember, the Lions changed coaches again this past year.
I'm sure that Caldwell is not pleased with the actions, he seems like a quality guy.

STILL haven't seen the whole play.
They keep showing the actions of Suh backing up, but they DON'T show the rest ... before that happened in a MAJOR issue with me.
Fwiw, I watch the Lions when I have a chance, watch the Steelers, live in Lions area, No NOT a Browns or Bengals fan.

If the play happens and he is pushed backwards losing his balance I can see it happening non intentional, it there is no contact before hand then yes it was intentional. The 2nd step could still be a reaction to get balance regardless.

Show what happened before hand and you'll have your answer.

The NATIONAL public ONLY sees the bad plays the guy makes .... thats the ones that make the news.

I HATE that when a player is vilified when the public only sees the "NEWS and makes an opinion of a guy when not seeing the rest of the guys career.

That said, I no longer care one way or the other.

Granted,I bet there is not a team who wouldn't want Suh playing for them,& he hasn't done anything bad at a Ray Rice/Adrian Peterson/Michael Vick level,but....he has developed a reputation,deserved or not,for being a dirty player,AND he stepped on Aaron Rodgers TWICE in the same play/post play. I'll have to look again,but I don't think that somebody pushed him into Rodgers TWICE. It's the second stomp that got him suspended.

Granted,I bet there is not a team who wouldn't want Suh playing for them,& he hasn't done anything bad at a Ray Rice/Adrian Peterson/Michael Vick level,but....he has developed a reputation,deserved or not,for being a dirty player,AND he stepped on Aaron Rodgers TWICE in the same play/post play. I'll have to look again,but I don't think that somebody pushed him into Rodgers TWICE. It's the second stomp that got him suspended.
While I agree with your statement, have you ever went backwards took a step and then another to regain your balance ?

Unfortunately,I'm getting at that age where if I lose my balance,I just go down,no matter how many steps I take. Unfortunately for Suh,because of his reputation,the NFL is not going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Warren Sapp says it best
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-aftermath/0ap3000000451472/Sapp-on-Suh-I-m-disgusted-by-his-actions
I didn't expect the NFL to do anything other than suspend him.
It's unfortunate because the Lions will need all they can to go against the cowboys.

Thought they didn't release this info till April or May ?
Why now ?

They could and usually do iirc, get a whole lot more pub with the release of this info when theres not already MAJOR NFL news out there.

There's nothing to release. This information has been available as soon as the season ends the last several years because it is a formula. Here's the Steelers for the next few years:

pittsburghsteelersfutureschedule.gif

You're being intentionally obtuse or dense or something if you really think this is someone trying to regain their balance.

You don't step on someone TWICE on accident and then take your other foot off the ground in the process of 'regaining your balance'. That's simply him putting all of his weight into the step.

What a joke, needing to see what happened prior, or trying to paint him as the victim, give me a break man. You aren't roy or bob, open your eyes.

You're being intentionally obtuse or dense or something if you really think this is someone trying to regain their balance.

You don't step on someone TWICE on accident and then take your other foot off the ground in the process of 'regaining your balance'. That's simply him putting all of his weight into the step.

What a joke, needing to see what happened prior, or trying to paint him as the victim, give me a break man. You aren't roy or bob, open your eyes.

HEY,I NEVER defended Suh on this.:eeek

Suh's suspension has been reduced to a $70k fine on appeal, he'll play this weekend. Bringing his career fine total to $286k.

The bizarre rationale reportedly is he is considered a first-time offender because he hasn't had any infractions of this severity in 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Figures, I was hoping the suspension would stick and it would be his last game. That's ok, will be as the Cowboys will win

Reactions: Neutron
Status
Not open for further replies.