2014 Winter Olympics thread

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
Feel free to make this sticky as this will be the main thread I'll use to post schedules (for U.S. and Canada), updates, and links to highlights. Here's the schedule for the 1st 2 days (all times are EST):

Thursday Feb 6:

SNOWBOARDING MEN'S & LADIES SLOPESTYLE QUALIFICATION; Tape delay 6am to 9am on CBC; Tape delay between 8pm to 11pm on NBC
FREESTYLE SKIING LADIES MOGULS QUALIFICATION; Live 9am to 9:45am on CBC; Tape delay between 8pm to 11pm on NBC
FIGURE SKATING TEAM EVENT - MEN'S SHORT AND PAIRS SHORT PROGRAMS; Live 10:30am to 2pm on CBC; Tape delay between 8pm to 11pm on NBC

Friday Feb 7:

Opening Ceremony:
Live 10am to 2pm on CBC, Sportsnet, Sportsnet One, TSN, and TSN 2; Tape Delay 7:30pm to 11:30pm on NBC

Edit: Links to schedules: http://www.sochi2014.com/en/daily-schedule-day-2 , http://olympics.cbc.ca/broadcast-schedule/day=2014-02-06/index.html , http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv-listings#6

Last edited:
Opening Ceremony: Live 10am to 2pm on CBC, Sportsnet, Sportsnet One, TSN, and TSN 2; Tape Delay 7:30pm to 11:30pm on NBC
Main reason I miss having Bell TV Satellite, live olympic coverage, with more actual sports coverage. NBC coverage is awful, with the delays, and "stories" and pretty "sports" they think people will like (ie, anything with young girls in leotards).

Schedule for Sat in chronological order (all times EST and first run only)

Saturday Feb 8:

SNOWBOARDING MEN'S SLOPESTYLE SEMIFINALS; Live 12:30am to 2:15 am on CBC; Tape delay between 8pm and 11:30pm on NBC
SNOWBOARDING MEN'S SLOPESTYLE FINALS; Live 3:45 to 5am on CBC; Tape delay between 8pm and 11:30pm on NBC

WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY USA vs FIN;
Live starting at 3am on Sportsnet and NBCSN
WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY CAN vs SUI; Live starting at 8am on CBC and MSNBC

SPEED SKATING MEN'S 5000m;
Live 6:30am to 7:15am on CBC and NBCSN

WOMEN'S CROSS COUNTRY; Live starting at 5am on CBC and NBCSN

Biathalon Men's 10km sprint;
Live at 9:30am on Sportsnet One; Tape delay on NBC between 2:30pm and 6pm

FIGURE SKATING TEAM EVENT - DANCE SHORT ,LADIES SHORT, AND PAIRS FREE PROGRAMS; Live 9:30am to 2:30pm on CBC/Sportsnet One and NBCSN

WOMEN'S FREESTYLE SKIING;
Live 9am to 9:30am on Sportsnet One and 1pm to 2:30pm on CBC; Tape delay between 8pm to 11:30pm on NBC

MEN'S LUGE; Tape delay on Sun at 12am on NBC

MEN'S SKI JUMPING:
Tape delay between 2:30pm and 6pm on NBC

Main reason I miss having Bell TV Satellite, live olympic coverage, with more actual sports coverage. NBC coverage is awful, with the delays, and "stories" and pretty "sports" they think people will like (ie, anything with young girls in leotards).
I'm just glad I can get CBC from Windsor via OTA.

When will the Mens USA and Canada Hockey be played and will any of it be available live ?

Men's Hockey starts on Feb 13th for both USA and Canada

SLOVAKIA VS. UNITED STATES @ 7:30am ET Live on TSN and NBCSN
CANADA VS. NORWAY @ 12pm ET Live on CBC and USA Network

Yeah, I wouldn't go there either. I really think the Olympic committee should have stepped in and done something if they were that far behind.

Reading yesterday how the Olympic dorms and hotels arent even completed. Seems dorms have tiny single beds and nothing else, hotels are lacking TVs, wifi, shower curtains, front door locks.. some dont have power or water.

Also pics surfaced on man holes missing etc.

A reported tweeted a pic of a room for Canada's hockey team.. 3 single beds side by side and nothing else but the window.

Cheers, K

PS- Bet the Russian hockey team live in luxury!

Last edited:
Reading yesterday how the Olympic dorms and hotels arent even completed. Seems dorms have tiny single beds and nothing else, hotels are lacking TVs, wifi, shower curtains, front door locks.. some dont have power or water.
the olympic dorms in Atlanta weren't any better. They were squeezed 2 or 3 into rooms that were designed to be used for a single person. The buildings weren't fully completed either.

Schedule for Sunday Feb 9th (all times EST)

Alpine Skiing-Men's Downhill: Live @ 2am to 4:15am on CBC; Tape Delay between 2pm and 6pm on NBC

Biathlon-Women's 7.5 km sprint: Live @ 9:25am to 10:50am on TSN; Tape Delay between 2pm and 6pm on NBC

Cross-Country Men's Skiathlon 15 km Classic + 15 km Free: Live @ 4:55am to 6:45am on TSN2 + 5:15 to 5:45am on CBC (JIP) and on NBCSN @ 5:30am (JIP or Tape Delay); whole event also tape delay on NBC between 2pm to 6pm

Figure Skating: Team Men, Team Women, and Ice Dance Free: Live @ 10:15am to 1:15pm on CBC and NBCSN

Women's Ice Hockey; Sweden vs Japan: Live @ 3am to 5:30am on Sportsnet and NBCSN

Women's Ice Hockey; Russia vs Germany: Live @ 8am to 10:30am on Sportsnet and MSNBC

Luge Men's singles runs 3 and 4: Tape delay @ 2:30pm to 4:30pm on CBC, Live @ 8:30am to 10am on NBCSN

Ski Jumping Men's Normal Individual Hill: Live @ 12:25pm to 2:15pm on TSN + 1:15pm to 2:15pm on CBC (JIP); NBCSN @ 1pm to 2pm (JIP); whole event also tape delay on NBC between 7pm and 11pm EST

Snowboarding Ladies' slopestyle semifinals: Live @ 1:25am to 2:40am on TSN; Tape Delay on NBC between 7pm and 11pm ET

Snowboarding Ladies' slopestyle finals: Live @ 4:15am to 5:15am on TSN and CBC; Tape Delay on NBC between 7pm and 11pm ET

Speed Skating Ladies' 3000m: Live @ 6:30am to 8:30am on TSN, CBC, and NBCSN (may be JIP for NBCSN, if so, tape delay on NBC between 7pm and 11pm ET)

I just hope the games go off without a hitch!No terrorism,no kidnappings,nothing but people competing to be the best in the world.

So basically, as a Dish subscriber, even with a great OTA setup, I can't watch the Opening Ceremonies live? Only at 7:30 pm on NBC tape delayed? That's the only thing I'm interested in watching.

Curling, maybe. Hurling? I watched my cat do that tonight, 4 times. Just want the Opening Ceremonies, to see how it compares to China's spectacular!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)