2014 Winter Olympics thread

I just hope the games go off without a hitch!No terrorism,no kidnappings,nothing but people competing to be the best in the world.

From recent news reports, the finest pharmacists and chemists in the world! Guaranteed undetectable!

So basically, as a Dish subscriber, even with a great OTA setup, I can't watch the Opening Ceremonies live? Only at 7:30 pm on NBC tape delayed? That's the only thing I'm interested in watching.

Curling, maybe. Hurling? I watched my cat do that tonight, 4 times. Just want the Opening Ceremonies, to see how it compares to China's spectacular!
Unless you live next to Canada like I do, nope.;) I guess you can stream it live on the internet through here: http://stream.nbcolympics.com/live-extra/
If you need help with the streaming, they even have a Ryan Seacrest tutorial::D http://www.nbcolympics.com/liveextra/help

So basically, as a Dish subscriber, even with a great OTA setup, I can't watch the Opening Ceremonies live? Only at 7:30 pm on NBC tape delayed? That's the only thing I'm interested in watching.

Curling, maybe. Hurling? I watched my cat do that tonight, 4 times. Just want the Opening Ceremonies, to see how it compares to China's spectacular!

CBC.CA mate.. and use Firefox. ;)

Excellent, Thank You !
No problem, I'll try to post daily schedules a couple days in advance. Like I said, making it look nice in the posts is a PITA, but worth it. I just posted Sunday the 9th. I'll post Monday's and Tuesday's tomorrow. Of course you can look at the network websites in my OP for specific events ahead of time.

It is amazing that NBC owns about 20 cable networks and can't show it all live. For all the hate and crap that is ESPN at least they show sports live.

Watching the opening ceremony coverage live. Although I don't think the actual ceremony starts until 11am ET. EDIT: They said 8:15 local time which translates to 11:15am ET

Last edited:
The five olympic rings comes in with the last ring not working. Epic Fail!

And here comes Vladimir Putin and the International Olympic Committee.

Singing the Russian National Anthem now.

Here come the Athletes. Greece leads the way, followed by Australia. Then it's Austria, Azerbaijan, Albania, Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, British Virgin Islands, Belarus, Belgium, Bermuda, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Macedonia, Great Britain, Hungary, Venezuela, U.S. Virgin Islands, Germany, Hong Kong, Georgia, Denmark, Dominica, Zimbabwe, Israel, Iran, Ireland, Iceland, Spain, Italy, Kazakhstan, Cayman Islands, Canada, Cyprus, Kyrgyzstan, China, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Morocco, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, the independent athletes, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Portugal, South Korea, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, United States, Tajikistan, Thailand, Chinese Taipei, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Turkey, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Philippines, Finland, France, Croatia, Montenegro, Czech Republic, Chile, Switzerland, Sweden, Estonia, Jamaica, Japan, and Russia

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)