TAX-FREE NFL PAYS COMMISH $29.5 MILLION A YEAR!

Good thing I don't buy tickets. But still pay thru my Dish bill.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

yes its nuts because look at it from the owners view and always remember the commissioner work for the the owners, he got lockout won for the owners,he got the New England Patriots video tape destroyed of walk through practice without no see it, and much more if you think about it. like it not i think he doing the best job he can with with all the issue facing this league, and most people will hate them in the in future

Two issues here.

First, all executives, in all fields, are paid way too much. Of course.

Second, is this "tax free" angle. What illiteracy. The NFL teams pay taxes (and if you want to argue that taxpayer subsidies of stadiums should end, I'm right there with you) but the NFL is just a trade association of the teams. It makes no profits. It just takes in money and redistributes it to its 32 members. Of course it pays no taxes. Duh.

but the NFL is just a trade association of the teams. It makes no profits. It just takes in money and redistributes it to its 32 members. Of course it pays no taxes. Duh.

For an association with no money nor profit, Goddell is paid quite well.

So the billions, and billions and more billons racked in via TV rights, streaming rights etc.. 'all' of it is divided by 32 and the NFL doesnt keep 1 cent?

Sorry mate but thats revenue and should be taxable.

Last edited:
yes its nuts because look at it from the owners view and always remember the commissioner work for the the owners, he got lockout won for the owners,he got the New England Patriots video tape destroyed of walk through practice without no see it, and much more if you think about it. like it not i think he doing the best job he can with with all the issue facing this league, and most people will hate them in the in future

This s**t about the walkthroughs again????????

John Tomase of the Boston Herald made this story up and admitted so afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

So the billions, and billions and more billons racked in via TV rights, streaming rights etc.. 'all' of it is divided by 32 and the NFL doesnt keep 1 cent?

And it is, by each and every one of the 32 teams.

The president of State Farm (a mutual insurance company) the Chief Justice of the USA (a government agency) and the head of Consumers Union (a "public policy" charity) are all paid well too. Point?

The NFL would "keep: this money exactly where? It has 32 owners, the teams.

You ought to try reading the IRS code before forming opinions.

Non-profit doesn't mean no money. It basically means there won't be dividends and profit paid to shareholders. They can still take in money, have expenses, and pay employees. Sometimes that salary can be excessive like Goddell's and sometimes it's not like a Goodwill cashier's.

The money the NFL takes in will be taxed at some point. Goddell has to pay tax on his income just like everyone else. The money that is left over after the NFL's payroll and other expenses are covered is then given to the NFL teams. The NFL might be non-profit but the teams aren't. Those teams have to pay tax on their share of the money.

It makes sense that the NFL wouldn't pay tax on money they are just going to pass along to individual teams who then pay tax on it. If they did the same revenue would be taxed twice.

Non-profit doesn't mean no money. It basically means there won't be dividends and profit paid to shareholders. They can still take in money, have expenses, and pay employees. Sometimes that salary can be excessive like Goddell's and sometimes it's not like a Goodwill cashier's.

The money the NFL takes in will be taxed at some point. Goddell has to pay tax on his income just like everyone else. The money that is left over after the NFL's payroll and other expenses are covered is then given to the NFL teams. The NFL might be non-profit but the teams aren't. Those teams have to pay tax on their share of the money.

It makes sense that the NFL wouldn't pay tax on money they are just going to pass along to individual teams who then pay tax on it. If they did the same revenue would be taxed twice.

You take those Goodell-favoring facts right out of this thread mister!

KEN BELSONFEB. 14, 2014
N.F.L. Commissioner Roger Goodell was paid $44.2 million in 2012, making him among the best-paid executives in the country and perhaps the highest-paid leader of a nonprofit organization.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/15/s...commissioner-earned-44-2-million-in-2012.html
That income is not tax free.

Nor is the NFL's income, which as has been said several times, is paid directly to the teams which in turn pay taxes on it.

All Business Trade groups have the exact same status that the NFL has, only difference is the NFL is more popular and makes more money. Nothing to see.

That income is not tax free.

Nor is the NFL's income, which as has been said several times, is paid directly to the teams which in turn pay taxes on it.

All Business Trade groups have the exact same status that the NFL has, only difference is the NFL is more popular and makes more money. Nothing to see.
easy
i never said it was.

but 44.5 mill for driving a bus is what i'm saying now. nice work when you can get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)