TAX-FREE NFL PAYS COMMISH $29.5 MILLION A YEAR!

I defer to my previous post.

Funny though, your argument applies to the commissioners pay, too.

Sent from my VZW Note 3
Some might argue that this commish has done more to hurt the game then past commissioners. Sure he is raking in the TV dough but on the field has suffered.

Some might argue that this commish has done more to hurt the game then past commissioners. Sure he is raking in the TV dough but on the field has suffered.

Meanwhile viewership continues to increase, the league has never been more popular.

Despite the complaints, fans are still watching with little sign of that changing.

Love him or hate him he's done his job and then some given the circumstances.

After all this is only 'a few million' more than last year because of a deferred pension payment from the lockout. Like you said, what's a few million to the nfl?

Sent from my VZW Note 3

Just to play devil's advocate...

Highest Paid Actors 2013:
Robert Downey Jr. $75M
Channing Tatum $61M
Huge Jackman $55M
Mark Wahlberg $52M
Dwayne Johnson $46M

By this standard, the commish may be need of a raise! One cannot be outraged at the commish making $29.5M while being Okay with any of these actors making this kind of money...for acting for crying out loud.

Highest Paid Actors 2013:
Robert Downey Jr. $75M
Channing Tatum $61M
Huge Jackman $55M
Mark Wahlberg $52M
Dwayne Johnson $46M

By this standard, the commish may be need of a raise! One cannot be outraged at the commish making $29.5M while being Okay with any of these actors making this kind of money...for acting for crying out loud.
People pay to watch the actors, they don't pay to watch a sports commissioner. Even Selig doesn't make as much as Goodell.

Disney's CEO made something like $34m last year, not many paying to see him either.

No need for excuses, if a bunch of you would just say 'i hate the guy so I just don't like it' you'd look less silly.

Sent from my VZW Note 3

No need for excuses, if a bunch of you would just say 'i hate the guy so I just don't like it' you'd look less silly.

Sent from my VZW Note 3
what sensible person hates some one they don't know, get real. heck don't disagree with his running of the league save how they treat the older players. if it was not him it would be someone else doing the same.

that settlement only covers the ones in that class action this ain't over.
me Happy

Last edited by a moderator:
People pay to watch the actors, they don't pay to watch a sports commissioner. Even Selig doesn't make as much as Goodell.
They pay to watch the product that he's responsible for putting on their television.

Selig doesn't make as much, because the baseball isn't as popular.

what sensible person hates some one they don't know, get real. heck don't disagree with his running of the league save how they treat the older players. if it was not him it would be someone else doing the same.

me Happy

Settlement covers every vet, not just those in the class. See, if you cared you would have read about and know that. The hate continues.

Sent from my VZW Note 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Lawyer blasts concussion agreement

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...ssion-deal-recommend-clients-continue-sue-nfl
January 14, 2014,
Hours after a federal judge rebuffed the proposed settlement of the NFL concussion lawsuit, an attorney representing 1,200 former players blasted the deal Tuesday, telling "Outside the Lines" he will recommend that a "substantial" number of his clients reject the $765 million agreement and continue to sue the NFL.

New concussion lawsuit could be hard for NFL to win early

December 5, 2013, 9:46 AM

The pending $765 million concussion settlement gives the NFL one very significant benefit: The ability to pull the plug on litigation before anyone knows what the league knew and when the league knew it about the long-term effects of head injuries
That benefit could be undermined by a new lawsuit brought by a group of players who could have the ability to take a blow torch down the rabbit hole.

Earlier this week, five former members of the Chiefs filed suit in Missouri against only the Chiefs. The quintet of Chiefs all played during the six-year window from 1987 through 1993 when the NFL had no labor deal in place. This means that the league’s strongest threshold argument against players who played under a labor deal — that they can’t sue in court for concussions but must seek relief under the collectively-bargained contract — won’t be available to the league or to the Chiefs.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-lawsuit-could-be-hard-for-nfl-to-win-early/

Settlement covers every vet, not just those in the class. See, if you cared you would have read about and know that.

How did you come across the other articles but not the actual contents of the settlement?

Under the settlement, individual awards would be capped at $5 million for men with Alzheimer's disease; $4 million for those diagnosed after their deaths with a brain condition called chronic traumatic encephalopathy; and $3 million for players with dementia, said lead plaintiffs' lawyer Christopher Seeger.

Any of the approximately 18,000 former NFL players would be eligible.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-agree-to-765m-settlement-in-concussions-suit

The judge has only initially denied it because she wants to see the full math and how the figure/settlement amount was determined and out of an abundance of caution for future players it covers (since it covers more than just the class in the case)

So instead this is somehow Goodell's fault, right?

Oh, wait.

Judge Brody reportedly has concerns about the ability of the proposed $675 million compensation fund (from the total $765 million settlement) to cover benefits to be paid now or in the future to all retired players. While payment is limited only to former players with “severe cognitive impairments,” it’s unknown how many current players will develop conditions that automatically will qualify for compensation, regardless of whether the condition is related to football.

The development comes as a surprise, given that the settlement was brokered by a retired judge appointed by Judge Brody and ultimately assessed by a Special Master also appointed by Judge Brody. It could be simply a matter of Judge Brody being cautious, especially since the worst-case scenario would arise if, in 30 or 40 years, recently-retired players develop Alzheimer’s disease or ALS, they make a claim for compensation, and they discover that no money is left.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/14/judge-brody-rejects-concussion-settlement/

So why is this being hashed out in this thread? Oh yeah, the continued misplaced hatred for Goodell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts