2014 Winter Olympics thread

The only Olympic sport I watch is hockey and I have to be bored to watch it. I don't watch the summer Olympics at all. Our wouldn't bother me if they no longer had the Olympics.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Looking at the first few days schedules - who exactly decided that we need a bogus "Team Figure Skating" event? Is there anybody except NBC ("all skating all the time") who wanted this? I assume that Syncronized Skating and a full-out Ice Capades style show will be added very very soon. :eek:

I love it how NBC Nightly News shows highlights from the ceremony and they haven't even shown it yet. And some of those highlights had the NBC screen bug on the top right corner so you know they used their own broadcast for highlights and not from another broadcaster.

That wasn't Costas,that was Lauer.
Either way, i wish they'd keep quiet, I was enjoying the music when the girl was walking in the sky, yet they kept breaking in with commentary. I'm surprised they did talk during the russian anthem.

I should find an nbc-free torrent somewhere and watch that. If I had the day off, I would have watched it live via a proxy like I did during the London and Vancouver games. Unfortunately this was in the morning and I was at work.

Either way, i wish they'd keep quiet, I was enjoying the music when the girl was walking in the sky, yet they kept breaking in with commentary. I'm surprised they did talk during the russian anthem.

I should find an nbc-free torrent somewhere and watch that. If I had the day off, I would have watched it live via a proxy like I did during the London and Vancouver games. Unfortunately this was in the morning and I was at work.

I watched it on BBC,at least the commentators were a bit more informative AND NO COMMERCIAL INTERRUPTION.

I found a commentary free version of the opening ceremony. 3gb, but be worth the wait.
Why can't NBC use one of it's stations for a commentary free version? They'd still be able to have commercials

I watched it on BBC,at least the commentators were a bit more informative AND NO COMMERCIAL INTERRUPTION.
I watched the London ceremony on the BBC feed, and the Vancouver ceremony (plus most of the games) using Bell Expressvu. Both were far better than NBC, they let us enjoy the opening ceremony.

They have three announcers,French,English,& Russian. Isn't the English announcer the one who says "the judges have their scores" on Dancing With the Stars(& Strictly Come Dancing)?

The commentary on CBC wasn't great either. Overall though, this was a really boring ceremony.

Looking at the schedule tomorrow, the only interesting event is Women's Ice Hockey. The U.S. plays at 3 am ET (go figure) but at least I can see the Canadians play at a more reasonable time at 8 am ET.

Who wanted to watch the other nations march into the stadium anyway? I sure hope they don't interrupt ALL of the camera coverage of Team USA with the Russian team marching in,who wants to watch THAT?

Who wanted to watch the other nations march into the stadium anyway? I sure hope they don't interrupt ALL of the camera coverage of Team USA with the Russian team marching,who wants to watch THAT?
Yeah, CBC did a similar thing. When Team USA came out, they had a small window on the right that had a reporter talking about Team Canada. Go figure.

The commentary on CBC wasn't great either. Overall though, this was a really boring ceremony.

Looking at the schedule tomorrow, the only interesting event is Women's Ice Hockey. The U.S. plays at 3 am ET (go figure) but at least I can see the Canadians play at a more reasonable time at 8 am ET.

What about Curling? My heart would be broken if I don't get to see Curling. I want to see if the Canadian team will go for the Grand Slam: Gold Medals in Men & Women's Ice Hockey & Men & Women's Curling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts