2014 Winter Olympics thread

Not to beat a really dead horse again but...

:deadhorse:

Is there a 3D feed this time, available anywhere? I've not been able to find anything at all about it except a few articles from 2012 saying there would be one.

Courtesy of the BBC, I found the raw feed. I must say, great show that needs no announcers whatsoever. NBC should take a page from BBC's book and place the raw feed on NBCSports.
Testament to the producers in that no explanations were needed at all. Great show.

And now to the sports side of the Olympics :D
Thankfully NBC is streaming everything this year, cause I want to watch sports, not artistic stuff that NBC usually forcefeeds us.

Courtesy of the BBC, I found the raw feed. I must say, great show that needs no announcers whatsoever. NBC should take a page from BBC's book and place the raw feed on NBCSports.
Testament to the producers in that no explanations were needed at all. Great show.

Thankfully NBC is streaming everything this year, cause I want to watch sports, not artistic stuff that NBC usually forcefeeds us.
Another thing I hate about NBC: They can't seem to make up their mind on whether they want to center-cut or letterbox for SD viewers. On NBC and msnbc, they seem to center-cut because they have their bug in the 4:3 safe area. On NBCSN, the bug is on the far right outside the 4:3 area which tells me that they letterbox on that channel. So if that's the case, then why not letterbox on the other channels? I'd rather have them do that so that their bug is on the far right and not much in the way (or even better like CBC where they letterbox and their bug is translucent and you can just barely see it.)

Schedule for Monday Feb 10th (all times ET)

Alpine Skiing

Women's Super Combined Downhill: Live @ 1:55am-3:30am on TSN + 2:30-4:45am on CBC; Tape delay on NBC between 8pm-11:30pm
Women's Super Combined Slalom: Live @ 5:55am-7:10am on TSN2 + 7:30-8:45am on CBC; Tape delay on NBC between 8pm-11:30pm

Biathlon
Men's 12.5 km Pursuit
: Live @ 10:20am-10:50am on Sportsnet; Tape Delay on NBC between 3-5pm

Curling
Men's Round Robin Session 1
-Canada vs Germany: Live @ 12am-2:30am on CBC; Tape delay 3am-5am on NBCSN
Women's Round Robin Session 1-Canada vs China: Live @ 5am-8am on TSN
Women's Round Robin Session 1-USA vs Switzerland: Live @ 5am on USA Network
Women's Round Robin Session 1-Sweden vs Great Britian: Tape Delay @ 12:40pm or after on NBCSN
Men's Round Robin Session 2-Canada vs Switzerland: Live @ 10am-1pm on TSN
Men's Round Robin Session 2-USA vs Norway: Tape delay 5pm-8pm on CNBC

Freestyle Skiing
Men's Moguls Qualification
: Live @ 8:55am-10:20am on Sportsnet + 9am-9:45am on CBC; Tape delay on NBC between 8pm-11:30pm
Men's Moguls Finals: Live @ 1pm-2:35pm on CBC; Tape delay on NBC between 8pm-11:30pm

Ice Hockey
Women's, USA vs Switzerland: Live @ 5am-7:30am on Sportsnet and NBCSN
Women's, Canada vs Finland: Live @ 10am-12:30pm on CBC and MSNBC

Luge
Women's Singles
: Live @ 9:30am-12:40pm on Sportsnet One, 11:25am-12:40pm on NBCSN (JIP)

Short Track
Men's 1500 m, Ladies' 500m, Ladies' 3000m relay
: Live @ 4:45am-7:30am on CBC; Tape delay on NBC between 8pm-11:30pm

Speed Skating
Men's 500 m
: Live @ 7:55am-11:25am on TSN and NBCSN;Tape Delay on NBC between 3-5pm

What satellite and tp did you find it on ?

Reports out of France that US and Russian judges made a deal to make sure the US pair wins in ice dancing by both agreeing to screw over Canada.
Like that would EVER happen.. cough cough 2002

Reports out of France that US and Russian judges made a deal to make sure the US pair wins in ice dancing by both agreeing to screw over Canada.
Like that would EVER happen.. cough cough 2002
That's why I hate judged sports.

That and I don't consider things like ice dancing to be a sport.

Schedule for Tuesday Feb 11th (all times ET)

Biathlon
Women's 10km Pursuit
: Live @ 9:45am-10:50am on Sportsnet One; Tape Delay between Mon 12am-1am on NBC

Cross-Country
Men’s and Ladies' Sprint Free Qualification
: Live @ 4:45am-5:50am on Sportsnet; 5am-6am on NBCSN
Men’s and Ladies' Sprint Free Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Finals: Live @ 6:45am-8:50am on Sportsnet + 8am-8:45am on CBC; 6-10am on NBCSN

Curling
Women's Round Robin Session 2-Canada vs Sweden:
Live @ 12am-3am on CBC
Women's Round Robin Session 2-USA vs Russia: Tape Delay @ 3am-5am on NBCSN
Men's Round Robin Session 3-Canada vs Sweden: Live 5am-8am on CBC
Men's Round Robin Session 3-USA vs China: Live @ 5am-8am on USA Network
Women's Round Robin Session 3-USA vs Great Britain: Tape Delay 5pm-8pm on CNBC

Figure Skating
Pairs Short Program
: Live @ 9:45am-1:25pm on Sportsnet; 10am-1:30pm on NBCSN

Freestyle Skiing
Ladies' Ski Slopestyle Qualification
: Live @ 12:55am-2:25am on TSN;Tape Delay between 3-5pm on NBC
Ladies' Ski Slopestyle Final: Live @ 3:55am-5:05am on TSN and CBC; Tape Delay between 3-5pm on NBC

Ice Hockey
Women's, Germany vs Sweden:
Live @ 5am-7:30am on TSN
Women's, Russia vs Japan: Live @ 11am-12:30pm on TSN2 (JIP); 10am-12:30pm on MSNBC

Luge
Women's Singles Runs 3 + 4:
Live @ 9:30-10:30am on CBC; Tape Delay between 3-5pm on NBC

Ski Jumping
Ladies' Normal Hill Individual:
Live @ 12:45-2:05pm on TSN + 1:30-2:00pm on CBC; Tape Delay or JIP between 1:30-3pm on NBCSN; Tape Delay between 8pm-11:30pm on NBC

Snowboard
Men's Halfpipe Qualification:
Live @ 4:55am-8:05am on TSN2; Tape Delay between 8pm-11:30pm on NBC
Men's Halfpipe Semifinals: Live @ 9:55amm-11am on TSN2; Tape Delay between 8pm-11:30pm on NBC
Men's Halfpipe Finals: Live @ 12:30-1:30pm on CBC; Tape Delay between 8pm-11:30pm on NBC

Speed Skating
Ladies' 500 m:
Live @ 7:45am-11am on TSN + 8:45am-9:30am on CBC; Tape Delay between 1:30-3pm on NBCSN

Did anyone else catch any of NBC's biathlon coverage yesterday? The announcers were so amped up and yelling through the action that it was funny to watch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBC coverage really sucks this Olympics. They are not showing events live,not using ALL of their networks(CNBC,MSNBC,USA Network) to cover live events like they have previous Winter & Summer Olympics. Trying to sign in to watch live events online was an epic fail for me.

BgIkJD6CAAA2Lgy.png:large

Apparently my dead horse was ignored because I hid it inside a spoiler? Or is the question truly that lame? I will try again.

:deadhorse: is there a 3D channel available anywhere?

I should have a DVR-full of curling to watch when I get home from work today.

The live -vs- delayed issue doesn't really bother me that much, by the end of it all I'll be several days behind anyway. Accidentally knowing who won a medal doesn't reduce the enjoyment of seeing top-quality events.