2015 Dish Price Increase

Just got my price increase email from Dish. Said the following: Starting January 30, 2015, DISH is changing pricing on select programming and services. Customers will see up to a $7 increase on their programming. You will receive detailed information about these changes in your next bill. Thank you for being a valued DISH customer."

Just got the same message. So, Merry Christmas to you, too, Charlie:eek:

So it sounds like Top 200 up to $ 74.99 and Top 250 up to $ 86.99 ??

Of course the above does not include the (ahem) 'equipment fees' - with tax, we are looking at $ 115 now for HWS, 2 Joeys, and a Super Joey. I'm not saying Dish isn't the best deal for 4 TVs with 5 tuners, but I'm telling you they are nearing the breaking point for a lot of us . .

How about offering more packages, like a package with NO sports at all. Start paying the providers on customers that buy their programing and stop forcing every one to pay for crap they don't want. I have locked out all sports and Fox news!

That would be cool.

I must be in the last batch of emails. They must use the same receiver numbers for firmware updates and emails. I have the almost bottom package now. The Dish America and Blockbuster with one HWS. I guess that I can drop BB@Home after my 5$ off deal expires in March. Oh Well, my SS check goes up 1.5% in January. I guess Dish will get most of that. I am sure that they will blame the increases on the program provider.

I haven't received it yet either. But it does confirm what the guy on the other forum said a couple of weeks ago. Not surprised.

It's either Dish or DTV for me, no cable available and low bandwidth wireless broadband so no "over the top" stuff. I will bend over.

All I know is that in my area there are tons of jobs available and not enough people willing to work them. There are "Hiring" signs up everywhere you go. I know it's not like this everywhere but it certainly seems like things aren't as bad as some people say.

It's because some feel min wage is an insult or they want $15 an hour working at fast food places. I know a few people that love being on unemployment. They brag about how they don't have to work etc. when I was unemployed, I was miserable and depressed. The first month it's enjoyable to not have to work but after that sending in applications only to be told you've been out of work too long seems to discourage you. I took a full time job that's above min wage and it's 40 hours a week. If I didn't take it my unemployment would of ran out later that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: navychop
I just got my bill 15 minutes ago (email) and it already has a $5 per month increase included.

CBS is only an excuse. Think of how much money DISH is getting by charging all of its subscribers $60 per year more.

So it sounds like Top 200 up to $ 74.99 and Top 250 up to $ 86.99 ??

Of course the above does not include the (ahem) 'equipment fees' - with tax, we are looking at $ 115 now for HWS, 2 Joeys, and a Super Joey. I'm not saying Dish isn't the best deal for 4 TVs with 5 tuners, but I'm telling you they are nearing the breaking point for a lot of us . .

My in laws pay close to $300 with Comcast and they don't even have all the channels either. They never call to ask for a reduced rate and Comcast prices aren't getting cheaper either. When I had Dish, I would ask for discounts after my promo expired. Sorry not going to pay $100 for TV. It would have to take 50% of Dish's customer base to ask for discounts often in order for it to greatly impact Dish. These companies are loving people like my in laws who never call in to ask for deals. What's keeping me attached is the live Sports. If I wasn't a sports fan then I'd cut the cord.

Dish hands out the Discounts sometimes without much effort from the customer because they'd rather make customers happy then see them leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received my notice from dish about a up to $7 increase in programming coming to my bill in 2015. Time for another cutback or leave altogether.

I don't like the increase anymore than the next person. However dish has been good to me....roku, ipad2, pending ps4 & lots of bill credits with the refer a friend program. I suppose someone has to pay for all those perks. :rolleyes:

I keep the fees down too by just having a 722 which I'm more than happy with. I use it in the single mode & have a 3 way powered hdmi splitter feeding 3 tvs. 2 with hdmi & 1 with cat5 to hdmi.

Reactions: dare2be and Tampa8
My e-mail says "up to a $7 increase." I have Top 250 package.

Every channel probably getting an automatic "small increase" in fees, plus the broadcasters (ABC/CBS) getting a larger fee increase adds up year after year.

If Dish really had 250 paid channels in AT250 (a lot are free like shopping or public interest) it would be less than 3 cents per channel for the annual increase.

Every channel probably getting an automatic "small increase" in fees, plus the broadcasters (ABC/CBS) getting a larger fee increase adds up year after year.

If Dish really had 250 paid channels in AT250 (a lot are free like shopping or public interest) it would be less than 3 cents per channel for the annual increase.
I wouldn't say a lot. Let's agree that they have atleast, a minimum of 100 pay channels in the AT250. Seems like a reasonable number to start off of. Now let's assume average price is $0.75 per channel(some more than $5 some less the. $0.25, so we can just agree average of $0.75). For those 100 channels, that's $75. We can even lower he average per channel. Let's say $0.50. That's still $50 for those 100 channels. Now they have to make a profit, not to mention all expenses. Their price point is right in line with what they need to charge for the AT250, even at $86.99 per month(if it goes that high).

Reactions: mike123abc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)