2015 Dish Price Increase

Yes. No programming is subject to a contract. It's the catches that go with the programming that requires the contract, such as equipment costs(upgrades vs purchases) and annual discounts(new connect)

It has always been, not sure if that has recently changed, but as far as I can remember, Dish America has always been qualifying.

I should mention, the only plan I have ever heard of not being qualifying(American), would be the Welcome Package. But even then, you could start off with the DA, and after everything is installed, drop to the WP.

What ever makes you feel comfortable but I KNOW what was offered and what I paid.
Pretty sure no one said you need to get the multi-sport package to get access to any movie channel.

http://www.dish.com/entertainment/sports/multisport/

Here's the channel list, show me:

NFL Redzone – Channel 155
NFL Network – Channel 154
NBA TV – Channel 156
NHL Network – Channel 157
MLB Network – Channel 152
MLB Network Strike Zone – Channel 153
Big Ten Network – Channel 410
ESPN Classic – Channel 143
Universal Sports Network – Channel 402
Pac-12 Networks - Channel 409
beIN Sports – Channel 392
beIN Sports 2 – Channel 873
Root Sports Pittsburgh – Channel 428
Root Sports Rocky Mountain – Channel 414
Root Sports Northwest – Channel 426
Sun Sports – Channel 422
MASN – Channel 432
NESN – Channel 434
Comcast Sports Network Chicago – Channel 429
Comcast Sports Network Mid-Atlantic – Channel 424
Comcast Sports Network New England – Channel 435
Comcast Sports Network California – Channel 438
Comcast Sports Network California – Channel 419
SportSouth – Channel 437
FOX Sports 2 – Channel 397
FOX Sports San Diego – Channel 439
FOX Sports Detroit – Channel 430
FOX Sports Cincinnati – Channel 427
FOX Sports Arizona – Channel 415
FOX Sports Midwest – Channel 418
FOX Sports West – Channel 417
FOX Sports North – Channel 436
FOX Sports South – Channel 420
FOX Sports Ohio – Channel 425
FOX Sports Florida – Channel 423
FOX Sports SouthWest – Channel 416
FOX Sports Prime Ticket – Channel 411
SportsTime Ohio – Channel 431
Altitude – Channel 413

Nope, just venting. It bothers me that I pay for a regional sports network (I pay the same rate as other cities that get them) and don't get one. I've been a subscriber since 2000, but Verizon Fios is looking better and better every day. A large cache of content on an EHD is the only thing keeping me form making the switch at this point.

Reactions: jerryez
Nope, just venting. It bothers me that I pay for a regional sports network (I pay the same rate as other cities that get them) and don't get one. I've been a subscriber since 2000, but Verizon Fios is looking better and better every day. A large cache of content on an EHD is the only thing keeping me form making the switch at this point.

Your logic is flawed. You are not paying for a regional sports network if you're not getting one. I get 5 local stations in my dma. How many do you get in NY? Does that mean that I am paying for all those locals which you get and I don't get?

PS I tried to look up NYC locals on the List and they aren't listed there.

With everyone always explaining why they are leaving Dish, I often think about all of the technology and technical work Dish has provided let alone some of the equipment they provide
For one who was one of their first 55000 customers, I have never looked back! It will never take a $4-7 dollar increase to cause me to run away.................I remember the first
small dish, and my the way? they did not have installers! You did it all. That doesn't mean the haven't made mistakes, but where I come from thats common with engineers on their trek
to improve.

Reactions: papachops and KAB
With everyone always explaining why they are leaving Dish, I often think about all of the technology and technical work Dish has provided let alone some of the equipment they provide
For one who was one of their first 55000 customers, I have never looked back! It will never take a $4-7 dollar increase to cause me to run away.................I remember the first
small dish, and my the way? they did not have installers! You did it all. That doesn't mean the haven't made mistakes, but where I come from thats common with engineers on their trek
to improve.

It ISN'T just a "$4-7 dollar increase", it's a $4-7 dollar increase every single year, without providing much if any extra value in the way they format their programming packages. They know the say 10 stations that everybody WANTS, and they make sure to spread them throughout the packages, so that you might end up with the most expensive package, just because of one or two channels you REALLY want. Or even just one package up from what you'd want to pay. I have America's Top 120 that I dropped down to (from 250), and if you go lower than that, they strip out almost everything worth having and only leave your locals and the throw away free programming channels that hardly anybody ever watches.

They've now reached a point where it's cheaper to get programming from Charter cable, and I can assure you, that's messed up if Charter is cheaper than Dish.

Reactions: stardust3
I have to agree with primestar31, for the low end packages dish is a clear winner. On the upper end as far as programming (not equipment) there are comparable & cheaper providers. Many of us have 2 choices, dish or directv. However many do have choices besides the sat providers.

Pretty sure no one said you need to get the multi-sport package to get access to any movie channel.

http://www.dish.com/entertainment/sports/multisport/

Here's the channel list, show me:

NFL Redzone – Channel 155
NFL Network – Channel 154
NBA TV – Channel 156
NHL Network – Channel 157
MLB Network – Channel 152
MLB Network Strike Zone – Channel 153
Big Ten Network – Channel 410
ESPN Classic – Channel 143
Universal Sports Network – Channel 402
Pac-12 Networks - Channel 409
beIN Sports – Channel 392
beIN Sports 2 – Channel 873
Root Sports Pittsburgh – Channel 428
Root Sports Rocky Mountain – Channel 414
Root Sports Northwest – Channel 426
Sun Sports – Channel 422
MASN – Channel 432
NESN – Channel 434
Comcast Sports Network Chicago – Channel 429
Comcast Sports Network Mid-Atlantic – Channel 424
Comcast Sports Network New England – Channel 435
Comcast Sports Network California – Channel 438
Comcast Sports Network California – Channel 419
SportSouth – Channel 437
FOX Sports 2 – Channel 397
FOX Sports San Diego – Channel 439
FOX Sports Detroit – Channel 430
FOX Sports Cincinnati – Channel 427
FOX Sports Arizona – Channel 415
FOX Sports Midwest – Channel 418
FOX Sports West – Channel 417
FOX Sports North – Channel 436
FOX Sports South – Channel 420
FOX Sports Ohio – Channel 425
FOX Sports Florida – Channel 423
FOX Sports SouthWest – Channel 416
FOX Sports Prime Ticket – Channel 411
SportsTime Ohio – Channel 431
Altitude – Channel 413

The end

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts